Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday ticket prices for Cardiff and Barnsley

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You're looking for controversial statements where there are none I'm afraid. I don't deny Tony Bloom the right to try and recover his investment whatsoever. I was talking about the millionaire footballers we would inevitably employ.

If you said to me we could spend the next 10 years in the Championship with a squad of the standard we have now at the price we pay now, I'd take that every single day over 10 years in the EPL with mercenary footballers, £50 tickets and, worst of all, season after season of knowing we can't finish in the top 7 before a ball is even kicked.

Fair enough.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Away fans WILL NOT be charged £39 (if they are I'll happily donate £39 to the REMF) and there WILL NOT be two different price brackets for away fans. Most clubs travelling away from home stand where they like in the away section, so charging two prices will certainly cause issues.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last season WSL = £30 , this season South = £28. If you cannot pick up a ticket on NSC from a STH who isn't going and end up buying from the club its £2 cheaper than last season. Don't forget that because all those Brighton fans took the piss last season with "free" travel the club has had to include a £2 supplement to partially offset transport costs.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Correct

....and when the other loan sum is due for redemption it can be converted into shares too.

........if it's not already been paid back from the profits realised by being in the EPL and selling 31,000 tickets per game plus TV money.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last season south was £24, so also more expensive.

For first half of last season travel was an absolute mess. The only ones taking the piss is the club, but we should expect more of this now Barber is here. Wait until season tickets go up next season too...

Agreed , South Stand was cheaper than WSL but not available for all games as it was dependent on away support being under 1,250.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Away fans WILL NOT be charged £39 (if they are I'll happily donate £39 to the REMF) and there WILL NOT be two different price brackets for away fans. Most clubs travelling away from home stand where they like in the away section, so charging two prices will certainly cause issues.

Correct , the £39 figure is with a £2 online booking fee tagged on. If there are 2 different prices the away club will selling at £37 top price plus what they charge if any for a booking fee. What we don't know for certain is what BHAFC is officially charging for the away sections , Insider should be able to tell us shortly what the position is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
i expect the away attendances to plummet. Those that came last season won't be as bothered, add the number that complained about transport and then add on the price hike! I really do not understand how your justify £39 for a football match, let alone a second tier game.

this

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally, I think those prices are absolutely disgusting, particularly if the away fans are forced to fill the East first, meaning only the expensive £34 tickets will be available to clubs who bring a smaller following. Second tier football should not cost that much and this is a very sad reflection not of where our club is going but where it has already gone. Sorry, but in my opinion this is totally the wrong move. We still have a vulnerable fan base, by which I mean there are obviously a significant proportion who are not diehards. Ramping up the prices will not keep these people on board in the long run. I dread to think what The Amex crowds could fall to once we have a bad season (which we will sooner rather than later, because all clubs do).

There are many on this site who have lambasted other clubs for prices lower than this in recent years, so let's hear you now it is our club taking the piss and showing a total disregard for the average man.

It is a case of ESL central (£37) v WSL wings (£34).

And this.

HUGE mistake (IMO) as prices never come down, so what happens when we have a bad season. Lots of empty seats.

I would rather bounce along in Mid table than pay stupid prices.

Let's hope that Barber is not in charge of setting prices for ST next season.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
ST prices 2013/14

What will happen is a significant increase in ST price as the club will point to the 'value' they represent versus individual match tickets.

Almost for £40 for tier two football is too much

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's good to see hardly any tickets for Cardiff/Barnsley have been sold. Hopefully a few early season matches with a half-empty South Stand will show Barber the error of his ways right from the start.

Even with the empty seats, unfortunately I can't see them reducing the prices. I hope I'm wrong though.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
this needs to be looked at by the club ASAP !! far too expensive for division 2 football bearing in mind most people have now got season tickets it dosen't leave that many people left to pay ridiculous amounts on the remaining tickets? surely £20 - £30 is the max for this level we need to encourage everyone in sussex to support the Albion at this rate occasional familes and supporters who cant go every week and comitt to a season ticket will be priced out of the market and we will empty seats :-( we have a brilliant stadium that looks fantastic full up i'd hate there to start being half empty blocks of seats at the amex

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
These prices are far too high, there is no way all but a handfull of games will come close to selling out. The thing is, it also makes ST's more unattractive. If I see rows and rows of empty seats behind the South goal, I might go back match by match and just go to 1 game a month as I did last year. Its only £5 per game more expensive than my ESU seat and I'd go less and therefore pay less over a season. I can't get to all games and have someone that can take my tickets when I can't go but with all these empty seats, it might be easier for my mate to just buy his own ticket and go to games he wants rather than my left overs.
No matter which way you look at it, these high prices are a bad thing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
These prices are far too high, there is no way all but a handfull of games will come close to selling out. The thing is, it also makes ST's more unattractive. If I see rows and rows of empty seats behind the South goal, I might go back match by match and just go to 1 game a month as I did last year. Its only £5 per game more expensive than my ESU seat and I'd go less and therefore pay less over a season. I can't get to all games and have someone that can take my tickets when I can't go but with all these empty seats, it might be easier for my mate to just buy his own ticket and go to games he wants rather than my left overs.
No matter which way you look at it, these high prices are a bad thing.

Unless they fund a 30 goal striker & just over 20,000 will look on it as a good thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here