Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday ticket prices for Cardiff and Barnsley

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
THIS

we can expect smaller away numbers,especially from teams who came last season. it puts the cost of an away day at brighton at over £100 easily if your the type who trains it and has a few pints etc

Expensive hobby football! Surely if you are going to spend £90 or so, will another £10 put an anchor on your 'day out'? Also it's not only the football they come for, it's the night out or a weekend at the seaside. Luckily Brighton is an attractive city to visit.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Sales not going too well for these games. This is before Cardiff and Barnsley give tickets back and the middle two blocks behind the goal go on sale.
Get used to empty seats behind the south and our ground looking empty on TV.
In the current climate these prices are bloody shocking and also the matchday prices for home fans which hit £39:nono:

I know the stadium needs to pay for itself bud things are going way over the top.Away fans are so so important for the whole city and will spend a lot of revenue,this will seriously damage away numbers by maybe 25%.

Shocking

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Expensive hobby football! Surely if you are going to spend £90 or so, will another £10 put an anchor on your 'day out'? Also it's not only the football they come for, it's the night out or a weekend at the seaside. Luckily Brighton is an attractive city to visit.
Thats not the point though,tough times everywhere and especially up north at the moment.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Over the next few years many of the real fans of our club will be priced out of the market, leaving a middle class majority.
Season tickets will increase over and above inflation, cup tickets will be extortionate. There will be an increased attitude of "if you can't afford it, bog off".
Much as I am grateful to Tony Bloom for his investment and all that he has done, I suspect that the long game is to get into the premier league and profit from an overseas sale. Noone invests this sort of money, just or the love of it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Over the next few years many of the real fans of our club will be priced out of the market, leaving a middle class majority.
Season tickets will increase over and above inflation, cup tickets will be extortionate. There will be an increased attitude of "if you can't afford it, bog off".
Much as I am grateful to Tony Bloom for his investment and all that he has done, I suspect that the long game is to get into the premier league and profit from an overseas sale. Noone invests this sort of money, just or the love of it.
They do if it's small change to them - which it is to him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Very much this. Just wait until we reach the Premiership where our prices won't be far of Chelsea's ie £50 for away fans.

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
i used to go every home and every away game at goldstone.now no chance for any home games(unless a nice friend offers me the odd game on his season tkt) im on benefits cant afford simple as, i dont really miss it either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My ticket for Hull is £25. The KC stadium is modern with facilities nearly as good as The Amex. If a mass transportation strategy on matchdays was required by the city council I guess the ticket would cost £27. Clubs taking the full 3,300 away allocation at Falmer will have a larger proportion of £28 seats (ESC and South Stand) than those bringing only 1,500 - 2,000.

i used to go every home and every away game at goldstone.now no chance for any home games(unless a nice friend offers me the odd game on his season tkt) im on benefits cant afford simple as, i dont really miss it either.

With the greatest of respect, I am sure when considering prices for tickets, consideration was not given as to whether they would be affordable to those on benefits.

ffs

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
With the greatest of respect, I am sure when considering prices for tickets, consideration was not given as to whether they would be affordable to those on benefits.

ffs
i was accepting the fact thats the way things are. chill

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I used to go to as many games as I could. This season I am only going to pick about 5 away games as I am fed up of paying such STUPID money. As someone else pointed out, I am embarrassed that we are charging as much as we are for away fans and totally understand their decision to not go. That Barnsley thread makes depressing reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here