Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday ticket prices for Cardiff and Barnsley

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is that right?

I thought they only got free tickets for Cup games.

If it is the case, it's even more of a cock up by the club. That would mean we have sold about 8,000 tickets for a match against Chelsea in over three weeks.

Anyone still think the club got it right on this one?

Not exactly free is it? At £120 a month for the past 3 months with no matches to go to, I think 1901 members have more than paid for this game. The deal with the 1901 tickets is, and always was, to include all first team Brighton games at the Amex with the only exception, testimonial matches.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think the away fans tickets are overpriced, its actually a bit embarrassing. Who the f*** do we think we are?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Barnsley are the first team to have prices for their trip to The Amex announced.

£34 and £28. Shocking. We must be the most expensive ground for away fans in the Championship?

Brighton v Reds: On Sale Now

It's certainly very expensive. The only good thing is that at least the away fans are now paying for the Park+Ride / Travel, which many will have used last year without paying for it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cant see many Away End sell outs at those prices. Sad really.

Leeds , Palace , Wolves , Sheff Weds , Birmingham , Charlton plus a couple more if they are in contention for play offs (Blackpool , Leicester)?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Leeds , Palace , Wolves , Sheff Weds , Birmingham , Charlton plus a couple more if they are in contention for play offs (Blackpool , Leicester)?

So Six. Wow, and I'd say Weds on a Fri night and Charlton are debatable. I think we are going to see a pretty empty South stand at lots of games this year.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So Six. Wow, and I'd say Weds on a Fri night and Charlton are debatable. I think we are going to see a pretty empty South stand at lots of games this year.

Plus other clubs who will bring 2000-2500 fans , its not going to look that empty. Wednesday fans will be down for the weekend , Charlton is the day after the Easter break.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Sales not going too well for these games. This is before Cardiff and Barnsley give tickets back and the middle two blocks behind the goal go on sale.
Get used to empty seats behind the south and our ground looking empty on TV.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If I were being asked to pay £34 for an away match, I would probably think twice about going.

There are going to be some low away attendances this season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Not sure the away fans should have travel included. A lot will come on coaches and not use trains or park and rides. Should be optional for them

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
If I were being asked to pay £34 for an away match, I would probably think twice about going.

There are going to be some low away attendances this season.

THIS

we can expect smaller away numbers,especially from teams who came last season. it puts the cost of an away day at brighton at over £100 easily if your the type who trains it and has a few pints etc

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not sure the away fans should have travel included. A lot will come on coaches and not use trains or park and rides. Should be optional for them

That is a fair and valid point. But very expensive to administer. Also we have hundreds that arrive by coach from all points over Sussex. I guess the ones that don't use it, help to subsidise those that do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here