Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday ticket prices for Cardiff and Barnsley

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm not sure why anybody is surprised. The figures quoted at the start of the thread include the £2 booking fee, which in theory you don't need to pay if you buy in person. We've already heard about a £4 increase, which is what these represent. It will cost £28 to sit in the South (£24 last season) or £37 to sit in the East (£33 last season). The only seats available in WSL are at the extreme ends, which are the cheapest of three price categories in that stand at £34 (£30 last season). Therefore, if we charge the away fans exactly the same as the home fans, they will be charged £34 to sit in the East or £28 to sit in the South, based on what zones those seats fell into last season. Last year, they paid £24 for the South.

Personally, I think those prices are absolutely disgusting, particularly if the away fans are forced to fill the East first, meaning only the expensive £34 tickets will be available to clubs who bring a smaller following. Second tier football should not cost that much and this is a very sad reflection not of where our club is going but where it has already gone. Sorry, but in my opinion this is totally the wrong move. We still have a vulnerable fan base, by which I mean there are obviously a significant proportion who are not diehards. Ramping up the prices will not keep these people on board in the long run. I dread to think what The Amex crowds could fall to once we have a bad season (which we will sooner rather than later, because all clubs do).

There are many on this site who have lambasted other clubs for prices lower than this in recent years, so let's hear you now it is our club taking the piss and showing a total disregard for the average man.

It is a case of ESL central (£37) v WSL wings (£34).

I have to agree. I remember paying £35 I think it was for West Ham? I was disgusted but paid it anyway as it was a one off. I can't imagine home supporters wanting to do that more than 2 or 3 times a season.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Unless we get promoted our crowds will take a hit anyways. We have around 25000 non die hards. I am sure at least 50% of these crawl back to their caves once the novelty has worn off.

We cross that bridge when we come to it. Lowering admission prices considered. In the meantime, we all want a top quality striker. So someone has to pay for it.

It's called making hay when the sun shines. If the plastics don't like it they don't have to pay it. They are only day trippers and fair weathers anyway. Those that want to support the Albion, hopefully to greater things will cough up.
Those that don't will be the first deserters as soon as the going gets tough anyways.

I am dead happy paying £25 a game in esu. Everybody had the option to by a ST this year so there can be complaints.

Mr. Bloom Is spot on. I trust him implicitly. I have modelled my poker game on his, as he has a tight shrewd style and has proved it can be successful. I have every belief he plays poker they way he does business.

On poker terms he is getting full value for every ticket he sells.

The proof will be if we sell out every Saturday game as per last year. If we do he has got it right. Of we don't.......we need to adjust the game plan a bit.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Looking at the ticket website most of the tickets for these two games which were available at about 6pm on Friday, are still available now. So it looks like the matchday tickets are not selling as quickly as last year but there is plenty of time for them to sell out before the fixtures.

Overall I think the new prices are a bit excessive for home and away fans, add to that a lot of people who were buying matchday tickets last year have season tickets this year and it looks like sell outs will be less likely. As said above, its supply and demand and to some extent a case of charging as much as they can get away with- that's what being a 'community' club is all about isn't it?!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looking at the ticket website most of the tickets for these two games which were available at about 6pm on Friday, are still available now. So it looks like the matchday tickets are not selling as quickly as last year but there is plenty of time for them to sell out before the fixtures.

Overall I think the new prices are a bit excessive for home and away fans, add to that a lot of people who were buying matchday tickets last year have season tickets this year and it looks like sell outs will be less likely. As said above, its supply and demand and to some extent a case of charging as much as they can get away with- that's what being a 'community' club is all about isn't it?!
Yeah it's a month so plenty of time:glare:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm not sure why anybody is surprised. The figures quoted at the start of the thread include the £2 booking fee, which in theory you don't need to pay if you buy in person. We've already heard about a £4 increase, which is what these represent. It will cost £28 to sit in the South (£24 last season) or £37 to sit in the East (£33 last season). The only seats available in WSL are at the extreme ends, which are the cheapest of three price categories in that stand at £34 (£30 last season). Therefore, if we charge the away fans exactly the same as the home fans, they will be charged £34 to sit in the East or £28 to sit in the South, based on what zones those seats fell into last season. Last year, they paid £24 for the South.

Personally, I think those prices are absolutely disgusting, particularly if the away fans are forced to fill the East first, meaning only the expensive £34 tickets will be available to clubs who bring a smaller following. Second tier football should not cost that much and this is a very sad reflection not of where our club is going but where it has already gone. Sorry, but in my opinion this is totally the wrong move. We still have a vulnerable fan base, by which I mean there are obviously a significant proportion who are not diehards. Ramping up the prices will not keep these people on board in the long run. I dread to think what The Amex crowds could fall to once we have a bad season (which we will sooner rather than later, because all clubs do).

There are many on this site who have lambasted other clubs for prices lower than this in recent years, so let's hear you now it is our club taking the piss and showing a total disregard for the average man.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is quite pricey on a match by match basis - wasn't Ipswich the most expensive away game last season, £37 a ticket I think ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Unless we get promoted our crowds will take a hit anyways. We have around 25000 non die hards. I am sure at least 50% of these crawl back to their caves once the novelty has worn off.

We cross that bridge when we come to it. Lowering admission prices considered. In the meantime, we all want a top quality striker. So someone has to pay for it.

It's called making hay when the sun shines. If the plastics don't like it they don't have to pay it. They are only day trippers and fair weathers anyway. Those that want to support the Albion, hopefully to greater things will cough up.
Those that don't will be the first deserters as soon as the going gets tough anyways.

I am dead happy paying £25 a game in esu. Everybody had the option to by a ST this year so there can be complaints.

Mr. Bloom Is spot on. I trust him implicitly. I have modelled my poker game on his, as he has a tight shrewd style and has proved it can be successful. I have every belief he plays poker they way he does business.

On poker terms he is getting full value for every ticket he sells.

The proof will be if we sell out every Saturday game as per last year. If we do he has got it right. Of we don't.......we need to adjust the game plan a bit.
Every club has fickle fans what's new.The worrying thing is the ones who can't afford a ST will struggle to find this £30+ for one match,we all know that the whole matchday experience will cost more than a matchday ticket.

Terrible prices at the wrong time:annoyed:

My mate got a ST at reading in the prem for 380.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Completely agree. Many said initially those new prices were disgusting - only the odd 'look at me i'm rich' fan can defend those. But let's not forget (Thankfully) ST's ARE indeed very good value - especially compared to those prices.

Luckily, assuming most people will indeed know ST holders or be part of supporters clubs, there will be a lot cheaper match by match tickets available. WSU wings and North Stand tickets are usually passed on for £20 (face value of a ST ish). There are always 1000s of ST holders who can't go, so hopefully this will help people who don't have one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
PS - The transport thing should've only put the ticket prices up £2 and I believe (WSU Wings / South / North) have gone up £4... Is this down to Barber's money making mentality? I hope not.

If I had a meeting with the club / voice / maybe even next supporters club meeting i attend, I will have no prob telling the club officials that ST prices = acceptable / good - On the day prices = disgusting / worrying where the club will end up. LISTEN TO THE FANS PLEASE [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh my days, £37 (£39) for a standard seat to a 2nd division game, that is absolutely shocking.

I feel very sorry for those fans who couldn't commit to a season ticket but still intended going to some games. Many of those will have been priced out by this, there's no way I'd be prepared to pay those prices.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

Christ on a bike, I actually agree with you for the first time ever. Maybe as you are justified to have a moan about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here