Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday ticket prices for Cardiff and Barnsley

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh my days, £37 (£39) for a standard seat to a 2nd division game, that is absolutely shocking.

I feel very sorry for those fans who couldn't commit to a season ticket but still intended going to some games. Many of those will have been priced out by this, there's no way I'd be prepared to pay those prices.

I fall into this category. I can't get an ST for work reasons but will have to cut back on the amount of games I do attend when I'm free. I simply cannot justify those prices on as regular a basis as I'd like to go to games.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fall into this category. I can't get an ST for work reasons but will have to cut back on the amount of games I do attend when I'm free. I simply cannot justify those prices on as regular a basis as I'd like to go to games.

I don't know how many games you can make Frutos but would it not be worth buying a season ticket and trying to sell on the games you can't make? £40 a month seems far easier than £40 per game.

I swore I wouldn't go back to Ipswich last season as I felt ripped off. Now I see we are charging more!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Last season Saturday home game tickets sold out within a couple of day normally. Might be more of a struggle this year

Catch 22.

Charge more, increase revenue, attract higher calibre players, success on pitch.
or
keep it the same, attract good to average players, nearly have success.

It's all about weights and balances and we are at the tipping point, which way do we want the scales to tip?

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea

Don't forget nsc classified - home match tkts usually available - right now a season tkt holder is advertising all the ones he can't get to at 20 pounds each

I would rather spend the next 10 years in the Championship but build our support through attractive pricing, a good matchday experience and schemes to draw in new, young fans than fleece everybody in pursuit of getting to a division that would be quite boring after the first season and involve us paying stupid money to millionaires.

I don't diagree with you, but it's not about what we want because we didn't stump up £100 million for The Amex.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would rather spend the next 10 years in the Championship but build our support through attractive pricing, a good matchday experience and schemes to draw in new, young fans than fleece everybody in pursuit of getting to a division that would be quite boring after the first season and involve us paying stupid money to millionaires.

To be fair to the millionaire you are referring to, he has spent £150 million of his own money on the Albion. He won't get it back.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Weren't most tickets released in the north end block of the WSL on a match-by-match basis £30 last season? This season they are £28 in the South.

I bought Barnsley tickets in the south as soon as they were released (fearing a mass scramble for tickets), but looking at the availability not many at all have been shifted since, although that match is still a month away.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Don't forget nsc classified - home match tkts usually available - right now a season tkt holder is advertising all the ones he can't get to at 20 pounds each

Absolutely, and it is a service I've used multiple times in the past with no issues.

Between that, friends with STs and the occasional "normal" purchase when necessary, I'm sure I will muddle through one way and another. :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Unless our fortunes on the field take a turn for the worse, of course he will get the money back. If we become an established Premier League team in the future it could even prove to be a fantastic investment.

Amazing time to be an Albion fan, but I am worried that my club is going to "sell out".

I don't want to be rude but you are clueless and have no knowledge of football finance.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You are aware that the loan is being repaid and that he will have a football club, stadium and training ground to show for it by the end of it?

No it isn't.

The loan will be converted into shares, and is interest free during the period prior to conversion.

As far as I am aware 'we' already have a football club and stadium, and the training ground is arriving subject to planning permission.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Catch 22.

Charge more, increase revenue, attract higher calibre players, success on pitch.
or
keep it the same, attract good to average players, nearly have success.

It's all about weights and balances and we are at the tipping point, which way do we want the scales to tip?
So when our midfield consists of dicker,harley and sparrow next season you think that's worth £40 nearly?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So when our midfield consists of dicker,harley and sparrow next season you think that's worth £40 nearly?

That'll be a league cup game then? Highly unlikely to ever happen in a league match I would suggest

Quite a test because STH's will have to buy tickets but depending on opponents I'm guessing the price will be lower

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If surrounded by Bridcutt, Vicente and one of Noone, KLL or Buckley then it won't be too bad.

Certainly better than Carole, Nicholas, Loft and Carpenter, which was our midfield when we were in this division at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here