Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille want Adingra

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If Mitoma is running with the ball in training and is looking likely to play in Japan, so more than likely to play.
Enciso is fit.
Minteh we’ve spent £30m on, so unlikely to be going anywhere.

With regards the others and loans with respect neither do you….

So the original question stands…
If Mitoma wasn’t able to play we wouldn’t even be going to Japan.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Trouble with Adringa is his best position is left side so he can cut in and shoot with right foot. Nowhere as good as Mitoma so if one of new signings is better then him on right he may find himself on bench

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How very dare another club apart from Chelsea show interest in our players 🤬
Get ready for plenty more blah blah are interested in our players because we've got some bloody well good ones,we are seen as a club willing to sell at the right price no matter who they are, so until we stop letting our best go then the offers will keep rolling in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Athletic story which was shared here after ACD’s signing shows Saka was basically the last Arsenal youngster to get meaningful game time at the club. I wouldn’t hold it against ACD.
I’m not holding it against him, at all.

But Arsenal hold higher prestige than us, and can offer much higher wages. The ONLY thing we can offer him, to tempt him to move, are first team minutes.

If Arsenal were especially bothered about keeping him, they’d have promised him, those minutes. But they didn’t feel that they could - even though they play a dozen or more easy games a season, when they could blood any number of squad players (games they were often 3 or 4 goals up in).

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
Any fee would have to be close to or in excess of Marseille's record fee paid (in the 30M Euro range). Ligue 1 still doesn't have a TV deal for next season, so you would think a bit of financial caution would be the order of the day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But Arsenal hold higher prestige than us, and can offer much higher wages. The ONLY thing we can offer him, to tempt him to move, are first team minutes.

If Arsenal were especially bothered about keeping him, they’d have promised him, those minutes. But they didn’t feel that they could - even though they play a dozen or more easy games a season, when they could blood any number of squad players (games they were often 3 or 4 goals up in).
Fair point, but Arsenal did offer him a new contract. (Athletic article), quite possibly game time is the key in this.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Any fee would have to be close to or in excess of Marseille's record fee paid (in the 30M Euro range). Ligue 1 still doesn't have a TV deal for next season, so you would think a bit of financial caution would be the order of the day.

Which would still be more than £5m less than we paid for Minteh!! It was reported today that Marseille offered Wolves £21m for Hwang (and were told no way). Sounds like they are shopping in the wrong place for their budget.

Last edited:

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London

As the article points out, those opportunities to blood squad players young and old (think Smith Rowe) weren’t really taken last season. It states that ACD was indeed offered a loan, at the start of 2024; but this was conditional on him signing a new contract, which he opted against, probably because he was tired of waiting for his chance. So yes, it’s the promise of minutes that would have swayed him into signing for us but that could mean an initial loan then time with the first team.

If we’re talking past each other, disregard!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I am also expecting Mitoma to depart before the start of the season or definitely by the January window. It's sad to lose these fantastic players but Mr Bloom has taken us so far so can we really debate on his transfer policy and how the club is run.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Arsenal’s pathway for kids is known to be a bit crap…..no wonder talented youngsters are leaving

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
This model of potential wonder youngsters coming in. Adringas, Fergusons, Mitomas possibly out for £££ etc is stressing me out before we yet kicked off 2024/25.
Love Adringa though, gets the ball straight in the box from the wing every time with no checks, shimmes, or tap backs.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Buonanotte isn’t much cop at all out wide. Adingra is currently our best (fit and proven) wide right option by miles. De Zerbi can go fuxk himself.
He was also our second top goal scorer in his first PL season.
People wet the bed when March scored one more than Adingra after how many seasons in the PL? Why people seem happy to bin off a proven goal scoring winger for unproven wingers is a bit of a head scratcher.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
I agree - not sure how Marseille could afford Adingra given they're not in Europe, there's no TV deal in France and they don't pay big fees at the best of times. Makes me wonder if they're trying to get him on loan (possibly with future fee option).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here