Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille want Adingra

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would say completely the opposite post Sheff Utd.
I do agree with @Justice in terms of being overplayed and looked exhausted
Yes knackered and ineffective. Best performance in the latter part of the season was Enciso at Newcastle.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Please put me in the ...

Why would we sell Adingra? He's a terrific young talent who's just enjoyed a wonderful breakout season, despite injuries, being called to AFCON and being played out of position for the whole of it. He's 22 and if we carries on this rate of improvement, could be a world star by 25 ....

pile.

And anyone talking about selling because he's not as good as Solly, ask yourself, "ok, but is he better than Solly when he was 22"?

The lad oozes potential. Now is not the time to sell and I don't think we will.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I know that's more realistic than £60m, but why sell him for little more than his significantly less experienced replacement if it's Minteh. Obviously I understand the Minteh money is amortized over a few years whereas Simon would bring about £25m odd straight on to the books for this year which probably answers my own question, but still....
I don't think the cost of his replacement is relevant, it's what he cost us against what we can sell him for. Reported in some circles that we paid £6m so £30m sale would be significant profit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Here ya go, you are wrong! :lolol:

He was 100% one of our better players in the run in! Are you offering to drive him to Marseille? :wink:

Who scored 😂😂😂 did they get the year right?

Funny you should mention driving him 😉
Seriously, as per my previous posts, would take £30m +, and bench at best, if Enciso and Mitoma fit, not to mention Solly.

Another summer passing by, must catch up

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My view that he tailed off last season, was clumsy with the ball and lacked cutting edge decision making remains regardless of whether he stays or goes.

@Justice made a sound point that he was overplayed, which may explain the drop off.

Wouldn’t be adverse to him staying but equally wouldn’t be gutted if he left, looking at the squad we now have

Could we say very similar things about Biss’s first couple of seasons?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I would be surprised if he left this season, he is a talented winger with great potential. If Marseille offered £30 million, would I take it? Probably not.
I would. Can't even afford cigarettes today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to be a thriving industry developing in tracking the Albion's transfer targets. Let the Albion do the hard graft, then swoop with the offer of double or treble the wages

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
That's true, although I find staring wingers terrifying, like something out of Dr Who!
doctor who blink GIF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s a fair point, but equally second season syndrome? Bissouma was great in year 2.

From my smaller sample size of just Amex games, I thought it finally clicked for Biss from the very end of 2019/20 (his second season). Until then a great tackler and much-loved player, but with little structure to his game and he killed countless attacks by failing to see a pass. That Burnley goal and win (20 July 2020) THE turning point?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
From my smaller sample size of just Amex games, I thought it finally clicked for Biss from the very end of 2019/20 (his second season). Until then a great tackler and much-loved player, but with little structure to his game and he killed countless attacks by failing to see a pass. That Burnley goal and win (20 July 2020) THE turning point?
You could be right, his first season (Hughton’s last), he made some poor decisions in a weak team.
I thought Potter changed it, by giving him more responsibility, positionally. I honestly can’t remember when I thought it clicked for him.
I did think it was season 2, but now you mention it not sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here