Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille want Adingra

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not strictly true as the move has to be good for both the player, the club and timing right. Barber has often said this.
This.

No guarantees Adingra will improve if we keep him, no guarantees new signings will work out but if they do, Adingra could be facing long periods on the bench which for a young player is not ideal.

I’d be more than happy to see Adingra stay but if he goes, it won’t be a Caciedo moment for me.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully.

But he’s 19, not 16. If he were THAT good, and if Arsenal REALLY wanted to keep him, then I can’t believe that he wouldn’t have made any senior appearances at all
I think you make a pretty valid point but ACD has been guaranteed first team football here and I just the get the impression that this has swayed his decision making.

In terms of size and stature, he looks smaller than Lamptey but goodness, those highlight reels of him cutting in on the right wing and planting the ball in the left of the goal time after time are very impressive. As are the times where he shifts the ball onto his right and blasts it in.

We’ve gone from one inverted right winger (mostly injured) last season to three. Hürzeler is a lucky guy. Adingra is better on the left but the likes of Mitoma, Pedro, Osman and Enciso could arguably be as good or better. And if Sarmiento stays, we are astonishingly well catered for on that side. Perhaps we cash in on £30m+ bids?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think you make a pretty valid point but ACD has been guaranteed first team football here and I just the get the impression that this has swayed his decision making.

In terms of size and stature, he looks smaller than Lamptey but goodness, those highlight reels of him cutting in on the right wing and planting the ball in the left of the goal time after time are very impressive. As are the times where he shifts the ball onto his right and blasts it in.

We’ve gone from one inverted right winger (mostly injured) last season to three. Hürzeler is a lucky guy. Adingra is better on the left but the likes of Mitoma, Pedro, Osman and Enciso could arguably be as good or better. And if Sarmiento stays, we are astonishingly well catered for on that side. Perhaps we cash in on £30m+ bids?
ACD has been promised a pathway to the first team or that’s the way I read it. Adingra surely is the player that the new boys need to dislodge not start ahead of him.
Competition for places is something we lost last season the mentality of one in one out needs to stop if we want success.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The source for this is not exactly copper bottomed.
And even then it’s along the lines of a pretty vague “Marseille are interested”
Even if both these things are true and even if they actually bid and even if Albion are open to sell - do you think Marseille could actually cough up what we’d be asking for ?

I wouldn’t get too carried away with this one.
On the other hand we do have a lot of wingers !
Yep. On the one hand it’s a poor source and the tweet is very vague indeed, with only the scummy Sun re-reporting it.

On the other hand we now have too many wingers, whereas last season we had too few.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If Simon is sold for £60m+ to make room for the returning March, a retained Mitoma, all the new wingers and we get to replenish the transfer war chest, I'm surprisingly ambivalent if he moves on. Mind you, I'd also be surprised if Marseille could afford north of £60m!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Reading the Osman interview on the club site I would say Adingra is going nowhere the club rate him highly and rightly so.
Definitely agree, but I also don’t doubt there is interest from elsewhere. Both can be true. I think that the issue at hand here is valuation, same with any of our players. Everyone has a price, and I can’t see OM getting anywhere close to what we’d value him at.

Unless the player forces a move (no evidence of this) or Marseilles shatter their transfer record (I don’t see how) then this is a classic non-starter.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In a season where we suffered from heavy injuries and the goals dried up from all parties.....
Adingra played the fourth highest number of PL minutes, despite being away for the entirety of AFCON, and was our second highest PL goal scorer!
He was invaluable in helping us through last season - but in my opinion he was over-exposed with his minutes due to our injury crisis. He certainly would be behind March and Mitoma as a starter. I’d be delighted to get £60-£70m for him, but I doubt anyone will be paying that!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I wondered if it was getting the stages of grief angry phase in silly early. “I didn't rate him anyway” type stuff.
My view that he tailed off last season, was clumsy with the ball and lacked cutting edge decision making remains regardless of whether he stays or goes.

@Justice made a sound point that he was overplayed, which may explain the drop off.

Wouldn’t be adverse to him staying but equally wouldn’t be gutted if he left, looking at the squad we now have

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
Also shouldn’t underestimate the utility to the team being able to play on both wings, that’s always going to be useful and not really something the other options in the team provide.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
If Simon is sold for £60m+ to make room for the returning March, a retained Mitoma, all the new wingers and we get to replenish the transfer war chest, I'm surprisingly ambivalent if he moves on. Mind you, I'd also be surprised if Marseille could afford north of £60m!
Absolutely no way that anyone would pay anything like £60m for him this summer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Also shouldn’t underestimate the utility to the team being able to play on both wings, that’s always going to be useful and not really something the other options in the team provide.
But he can’t defend, this is so important in the PL, unless you’re Messi or equivalent, you have to work in both directions.

Adingra has lots of room for improvement in this respect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My view that he tailed off last season, was clumsy with the ball and lacked cutting edge decision making remains regardless of whether he stays or goes.

@Justice made a sound point that he was overplayed, which may explain the drop off.

Wouldn’t be adverse to him staying but equally wouldn’t be gutted if he left, looking at the squad we now have
Bang on.
He’s a useful sub for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here