Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille want Adingra

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well I guess our model relies on selling players, and at least it's not to Chelsea.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
People forget the effect that the AFCON tournament had on him, plus Europe. Yes, he tired in the second half of the season but 24/25 will be less taxing and he is settled here too.

I think he is essential to us and given what we paid for Minteh I wouldn' be selling for anything less than 40 million Euros
This is a key point that no-one else seems to have mentioned. Adingra, for any perceived faults, did at least play a fair amount of football for us in his first season (and showed plenty of promise).

Why on earth would you risk yet more uncertainty by selling him on for a profit we don’t need just because we have a number of other wingers in the squad - the rest of whom are either recovering/easing back from lengthy injuries, or brand new to the league and totally unproven?

EDIT: I can see some sense finally hit the thread from about post #68 onwards, phew.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The source for this is not exactly copper bottomed.
And even then it’s along the lines of a pretty vague “Marseille are interested”
Even if both these things are true and even if they actually bid and even if Albion are open to sell - do you think Marseille could actually cough up what we’d be asking for ?

I wouldn’t get too carried away with this one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So would you sell a player with a year in the PL under his belt and likely to get better on the basis new signings are going to hit the ground running and 30 year old March is going to be showing no ill effects from a career threatening injury?
I don’t think Adingra will improve much more, and he is not great defensively, which you need at this level.
He was going backwards towards the end largely because as @Justice highlighted he was overplayed.
When all were fit, I feel he would be a distant third choice, the fact Solly won’t be, I would consider Enciso over him or possibly Minteh.

So in answer to your question, yes I would.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Some chance they could get Adingra, no chance they could get Mitoma. Simple.

If Adingra is sold, its because Bloom & co don't think he's going to be good enough to challenge the other wingers.
Bloom and Barber don't look at the player, they look at the numbers. It's up to the recruitment and coaching side to decide whether they want to let him go or keep him and then they will put a number on it is my understanding. Happy to be corrected though

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think Adingra fits into that category of occasionally being brilliant but a lot of the time being quite ineffectual and goes missing in games.
File alongside . . .

Steve Penney
Anthony Knockhaert
Solly March
Peter O'Sullivan
etc

Wingers are the best.

Anyway, Simone is worth double anything anyone thinks Mitoma may be worth. . . .both on pitch, future and importantly ( as football is secondary to business) commercially . . . Japan is a big market, but its not emerging . . .

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Bloom and Barber don't look at the player, they look at the numbers. It's up to the recruitment and coaching side to decide whether they want to let him go or keep him and then they will put a number on it is my understanding. Happy to be corrected though
Spot on

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Sun reporting Adingra interest:

De Zerbi rates the winger highly and is keen on a reunion at the Velodrome this summer. SunSport understand that Marseille have also held talks with the Ivory Coast international's camp.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My feelings too.

Honestly, with both Minteh and ACD good enough to walk straight into the first team and Buonanotte who can still cover, March hopefully still on track to coming back even Peupion on the bench, I think we are good.

Adingra is a great player with potential but I had him pegged as probably going out on loan when we signed Minteh. His performance dropped off last season and his decision making wasn’t brilliant imo.
Buonanotte isn’t much cop at all out wide. Adingra is currently our best (fit and proven) wide right option by miles. De Zerbi can go fuxk himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here