Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille want Adingra

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
WTF he’s 22 and already an Afcon winner and you want to give him away?
No not really. He’s decent. Just looking at the make up of our squad. We have got a lot of wingers and may be able to get good money for Adingra. I’d sooner it was Adingra going than a few others.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Presumably no longer interested in Greenwood?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No not really. He’s decent. Just looking at the make up of our squad. We have got a lot of wingers and may be able to get good money for Adingra. I’d sooner it was Adingra going than a few others.
My feelings too.

Honestly, with both Minteh and ACD good enough to walk straight into the first team and Buonanotte who can still cover, March hopefully still on track to coming back even Peupion on the bench, I think we are good.

Adingra is a great player with potential but I had him pegged as probably going out on loan when we signed Minteh. His performance dropped off last season and his decision making wasn’t brilliant imo.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Honestly, with both Minteh and ACD good enough to walk straight into the first team and Buonanotte who can still cover, March hopefully still on track to coming back even Peupion on the bench, I think we are good.

We have no idea if Minteh or ACD can 'walk into the first team'. Naylor was saying this morning that there's a possibility that ACD will go on loan to the Championship. And seen lots of comments about Minteh's decision making not being great.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People forget the effect that the AFCON tournament had on him, plus Europe. Yes, he tired in the second half of the season but 24/25 will be less taxing and he is settled here too.

I think he is essential to us and given what we paid for Minteh I wouldn' be selling for anything less than 40 million Euros

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think Adingra fits into that category of occasionally being brilliant but a lot of the time being quite ineffectual and goes missing in games.

If he was sold I'm not sure it would be a great loss to our squad but I'd hope we'd get a good fee for him (£30-40m ?) but not sure if Marseilles have that sort of money.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Osman, Mitoma, Minteh, Enciso, Solly eventually - where would Adingra fit in the pecking order?
Well, with March, Enciso and Mitoma coming back from long lay offs, Minteh and Osman never having played outside of farmers’ leagues, and ACD entirely unproven, I’d suggest Adingra is CURRENTLY at the very top of the list.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, with March, Enciso and Mitoma coming back from long lay offs, Minteh and Osman never having played outside of farmers’ leagues, and ACD entirely unproven, I’d suggest Adingra is CURRENTLY at the very top of the list.
If all are fit for Everton away, do you see him starting?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Couldn't agree more; as it stands, Adingra is currently our only fit and PL-tested winger. I'm amazed so many on here seem so willing to "bin him off".

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Last season we suffered because of lack of squad depth (particularly on the wings) - and we were crying out for reinforcements....

But a few months on, all of that seems to be forgotten and the winner of the AFCON young player, who’s had his first season in the PL, is now deemed surplus to requirements because of some completely raw young players (with no PL experience) from the Danish and Dutch leagues and PL2.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think its pretty hard to tell how good he is / is going to be. He was on fire at the start of last season but tailed off badly and looked really week and innef3ctual at times after the Afcon. It's just not a big enough sample size to see how he's going to be in the PL long term. He may go on to be a bit of a bit part flakey winger or with a full unnterrupted season, really progress. I'd be nervous about letting him go at this stage as we know he CAN do it when he's on form and Mitoma and Solly aren't really back yet. If he has another flakey season and our other wingers come through then maybe move on next season.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We have no idea if Minteh or ACD can 'walk into the first team'. Naylor was saying this morning that there's a possibility that ACD will go on loan to the Championship. And seen lots of comments about Minteh's decision making not being great.
Agree with ACD but not Minteh - I still think selling Adingra isn’t the worst thing - of all the players (Pedro, Mitoma, Van Hecke, Verbruggen, Ensico, Hinshelwood, Buonanotte etc) - there are worst players we could lose in this window. I’m not going to lose sleep over Adingra. I think people are getting a little chicken licken here. We would not be selling our only fit EPL winger unless we were pretty sure that at least one of the players we just signed could step into that role or we could cover the role with existing players.

Maybe give TB/PB some credit?

Also, we don’t know what changes Hürzeler is making to the squad set up. Until the window is over and I see our first line up, I’ll reserve my panic until later if its warranted.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Well, the gamble is that the new faces hit the ground running and perform. And that the likes of Mitoma return fit and firing.

Should that happen, Adingra won't see much game time. If he falls down the pecking order, so does his value.

The club has to decide which of the 7 or 8 wingers in the first team squad they want to prioritise, and then think about what that means for the others.

As I said it wouldn't surprise me if Adingra left, but also I don't think it makes sense until Hurzeler has had them all back and training with him so he can judge for himself.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s only 22, yet has already showed plenty of quality and composure at the highest level. Under quality coaching it can only be upwards trajectory.

Because he’s a unpolished diamond with varied levels of performance, that should deter the big spenders for now. I hope he stays for at least two further seasons and thrives under Hürzeler.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here