Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee to be offered managers job at

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Wondering how my sentances of waffle I can receive after a 4 word post...

I would say I could pre-emptively paraphrase if you like but I'm actually not sure what it will be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
They've already started the scapegoating, with that perfectly reasonable subbling of Reid by Butters held up as the utterly irrational reason why we lost last night.

Why is it that some Albion fans can't simply accept that we got beaten by a better team? And then move on?

It happened a lot in the Championship because nearly every team WAS clearly better than us, except for a small group that included Crewe, QPR, Millwall and Sheff Wed.

And good to see you back on here :thumbsup:

Hope DK gives him a decent run as caretaker and a bit of cash for loans, with some luck and knowledge of the youngsters capabilities he should be able to deliver DK's aim of mid table obscurity. Maybe even a place in the playoffs but inexperience will probably scupper any chances of winning them. Without the finances and ambition from the board I doubt we'll attract anyone better although DK has a pretty good record with managers so who knows?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Ive nothing against Wendy but I think its time DK starts looking at these "high quality" applications he has appareantly recieved. I realise that experience comes in time but I dont think we have that. Twice now Wendys inexperience has cost us, firstly conceding against the 10 men of Bournemouth and costing us 2 points and secondly last night conceding 3 goals in the last 3 minutes! How ever much you wanna slag off McGhee, Taylor or Coppell its pretty much nailed on that with any of them in charge we would be 2 points better off and looking forward to a decent cup tie.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:
Ive nothing against Wendy but I think its time DK starts looking at these "high quality" applications he has appareantly recieved. I realise that experience comes in time but I dont think we have that. Twice now Wendys inexperience has cost us, firstly conceding against the 10 men of Gillingham and costing us 2 points and secondly last night conceding 3 goals in the last 3 minutes! How ever much you wanna slag off McGhee, Taylor or Coppell its pretty much nailed on that with any of them in charge we would be 2 points better off and looking forward to a decent cup tie.

We beat Gillingham, your hero was still incharge for that one.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
chez said:
Ive nothing against Wendy but I think its time DK starts looking at these "high quality" applications he has appareantly recieved. I realise that experience comes in time but I dont think we have that. Twice now Wendys inexperience has cost us, firstly conceding against the 10 men of Gillingham and costing us 2 points and secondly last night conceding 3 goals in the last 3 minutes! How ever much you wanna slag off McGhee, Taylor or Coppell its pretty much nailed on that with any of them in charge we would be 2 points better off and looking forward to a decent cup tie.

Depends how high we are aiming I guess and I personally don't think the playing side is the most important thing for the board at the moment. DW is probably considerably cheaper than any of the "high quality" applicants and has done enough as youth team coach to deserve a lengthy run in a team denied any decent strengthening. I guess time will tell if it was MM's inability to attract players or DK and Bloom's hold on the purse strings that resulted in our appalling recent record of attracting experienced and quality players?

Without that cash injection do we really need a high profile manager if DW can keep us in this division without a relegation scrap?

Last edited:

BarrelofFun said:
I am sure he will be the first to admit that the substitution didn't work.

Well, I heard him speak on SCR and I read his comments in the Argus today, and I didn't hear Wilkins admit a mistake on the substitution.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Oh do be quiet.

Tell me how you are going to manage that then :salute:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Icy Gull said:
Depends how high we are aiming I guess and I personally don't think the playing side is the most important thing for the board at the moment. DW is probably considerably cheaper than any of the "high quality" applicants and has done enough as youth team coach to deserve a lengthy run in a team denied any decent strengthening. I guess time will tell if it was MM's inability to attract players or DK and Bloom's hold on the purse strings that resulted in our appalling recent record of attracting experienced and quality players?

Without that cash injection do we really need a high profile manager if DW can keep us in this division without a relegation scrap?

I think its quite important to go back up this season. Its very hard to justify a 22,000 stadium when we are a 3rd tier team not filling up a 7000 stadium. I know we will/should have final conformation on Falmer before we cross the going up staying down bridge but even so.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
London Irish said:
Well, I heard him speak on SCR and I read his comments in the Argus today, and I didn't hear him admit a mistake on the substitution.

Unless of course, he has not been directly asked how he thought the substitution played out.

Please don't get me wrong, I am all for giving Wilkins and Whte their chance to prove that they can do a decent job, but you seem very quick to tar people with the same brush when they offer criticism of the manager, but that is not the case.

Uncle Buck said:
A policy of Internment

Abolished ages ago, along with Diplock courts just recently. Frankly, the Muslims have taken the pressure of us big time and we're all lovely again, and we even make overhyped, overpriced piss like Magners for you :drink:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
chez said:
How ever much you wanna slag off McGhee, Taylor or Coppell its pretty much nailed on that with any of them in charge we would be 2 points better off and looking forward to a decent cup tie.

Erm...how do you know. I would say 7 points from 9 and a closely fought cup exit against a team in the divsion above is pretty decent.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
chez said:
I think its quite important to go back up this season.

Maybe you'd better tell DK as I believe he's on record as thinking mid table is acceptable? Or did I misread or interpret that from his early season comments?

Oh and I'll be staggered if we get the Falmer go ahead before the end of this season, what makes you think we will?

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Les Biehn said:
Erm...how do you know. I would say 7 points from 9 and a closely fought cup exit against a team in the divsion above is pretty decent.

Agreed. And I would rate McGhee's chances of achieving such a return as virtually non-existant.

:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
and we even make overhyped, overpriced piss like Magners for you :drink:

Londoners make Magners? Doesn't surprise me, these companies willl set up anywhere.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here