Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee to be offered managers job at

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
chez said:
No he didnt get himself sacked. He was doing a good job with limited resourses. Just coz we didnt win for 3 games all you lot decided to hold DK to ransom and threaten to turn your back on the club unless McGhee was sacked.
If he had the same record with us but didn't fall out with players and create a bad atmosphere around the club, then he wolud still be here now. It was the nature of the defeats, not just the fact that we lost.

chez said:
Munich was a great film! Granted it was a bit long though.

Yes, no great fan of Spielberg but this was different class, probably the best exploration of the morality of state violence ever in the history of cinema, obviously informed by his own doubts about Israel's current path. Brave stuff, for a so-called populist, in today's American climate.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I think Mark Mcghee will take a bit of time out of the management game and just do media work to recharge himself

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
chez said:
No he didnt get himself sacked. He was doing a good job with limited resourses. Just coz we didnt win for 3 games all you lot decided to hold DK to ransom and threaten to turn your back on the club unless McGhee was sacked.

Well it's all down to supply & demand really. The fans demand a certain level of performance and McGhee failed to suply it! Mcghee has gone and this is now the Wilkins era so lets get behind him and see where he takes us!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
British Bulldog said:
! Mcghee has gone and this is now the Wilkins era so lets get behind him and see where he takes us!

I agree, but was sad to see the way MM was sacked whilst I was away. Although Deano has made a reasonable start I suspect he is the 1st Albion manager EVER to concede 3 goals in 4 mins and has now managed to lose a lead twice in 4 games. Good luck to him but how long before he gets the same treatment from NSC as MM did and all because the club won't back him with cash?? I fully expect MM to get a job offer elsewhere and at a bigger club than us, it may not be West Brom but it will be a step up from here.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
War of the Worlds was a great popcorn movie with some fantastic set pieces. 8.1

Sorry Unc, I couldn't help it. I have never seen War of the Worlds and actually thought Munich was pretty good.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Les Biehn said:
Sorry Unc, I couldn't help it. I have never seen War of the Worlds and actually thought Munich was pretty good.

:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
I think to call Munich poor is just absurd and you lose all credibility as a serious reviewer of films in my book.

Perhaps you should read some of my reviews before you say something like that, I would be happy to send you some links.

Icy Gull said:
Good luck to him but how long before he gets the same treatment from NSC as MM did and all because the club won't back him with cash?

They've already started the scapegoating, with that perfectly reasonable subbling of Reid by Butters held up as the utterly irrational reason why we lost last night.

Why is it that some Albion fans can't simply accept that we got beaten by a better team? And then move on?

It happened a lot in the Championship because nearly every team WAS clearly better than us, except for a small group that included Crewe, QPR, Millwall and Sheff Wed.

And good to see you back on here :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
LI, I don't think there was any scapegoating per se. This forum is here to discuss what went on in the football (10%) and a lot of rubbish (90%).

The manager is bound to receive criticism if a substitute didn't work and alternatively receive plaudits when they work a treat.

If a manager should be wholly free from criticism then why should he gain plaudits for his decent work and wise decisions. He lives and learns - I am sure he will be the first to admit that the substitution didn't work.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
As far as I can see most people were saying it was a mistake and gave valid reasons. LI gave a valid reason why it wasn't. Its just his reason was wrong and seemed to show little knowledge of actual football. Not much scapegoating, just saying it was a mistake.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Oh do be quiet.

Why do you say this? The lumping of the rest of NSC into a group cleary marked as wrong and nasty? The pro-MM agenda? or the bum licking at the end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here