Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee to be offered managers job at

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
Yes, he would have been called every name under the sun - unfair criticism. I think there will be a little more slack for Wilkins as he is learning.

It has something to do with context. Discontent grew for MM because results and performances had been poor for a while while Wilkins is young and only been in the job a short while. I do definately feel Wilkins will be given more slack because he is a favourite but at the moment it is pointless comparing the reactions against the two.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Narc is shit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Narc is shit.

Uncle Spielberg said:

Narc

Les Biehn recommended this film and I have heard of it but knew little about it. It did not tear up the box office or rental market and I did not expect too much.

This film is a superb " cop " thriller with fantastic turns from Patric who was excellent and exorcised the demons of Speed 2 and the always Reliable Ray Liotta looking well matured and dishevelled.

It is about the murder of a cop and who did it. Was he is cop ?, was he a junky ?, there something going on in Liotta's past that Patric does not know about.

The 2 of them go around investigating people, smack head and low lifes, rough quite a few up and start to get to the bottom of it. The camera work is excellent with a superb 5 minute sequence with the screen split into 2 and then 4 stories.

Patric thinks he has go to the bottom of it, but has he ?. The pay off at the end is superb with an unexpected twist.

This is an excellent film and deserves much higher box office and word of mouth. It is one of the best films I have seen recently and will watch it again.

Goon :dunce:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bugger , you own me :angry:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Bugger , you own me :angry:

Big style. By the way Unc, check out Brick. It came out Monday and is a kind of cross between Donnie Darko and Momento. Kind of has a feel all of its own, very very good.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Heard it was good.

Want to see Little Miss Sunshine but will have to wait to dvd by the look of it and World Trade Centre, Stone has done some very good work inmho, but not as good as Spielberg obviously.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Heard it was good.

Want to see Little Miss Sunshine but will have to wait to dvd by the look of it and World Trade Centre, Stone has done some very good work inmho, but not as good as Spielberg obviously.
I would say Platoon, Wall Street and JFK are better than any of Spielbeards serious work. However he never made Jaws or Indiana Jones so you may have a point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
well i heard rumours that he might be going back to millwall, good manager and nice bloke so deserves good job

Be an excellent move by them, let's hope we don't need Millwall to fill a relegation spot as they would climb the table quickly with MM.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Icy Gull said:
Be an excellent move by them, let's hope we don't need Millwall to fill a relegation spot as they would climb the table quickly with MM.

Would be interesting to see how he does there. Got caught in a bit of a shit storm here but a fresh start may be just what he needs. I get the impression he may want a break first.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Can you imagine the backlash Tuesday if McGhee had subbed from a corner when we were up and the side let in 3 goals in 4 minutes :eek:

As it was, somewhere between 30 and 50 per cent of the Albion support left went the third goal went in, thought the days of the mass exodus was over after Crewe?

Zesh-Rehman36 said:
well i heard rumours that he might be going back to millwall, good manager and nice bloke so deserves good job
I wouldn't wish the Millwall job on my worst enemy though, worst fans in the league. Hope he gets something other than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here