Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
LI

Did you see Leicester v Northampton this weekend?

Excellent game.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
was that the Italian forward? has a face like a slapped arse...not that I would have said that to his face of course...:lolol:

dave the gaffer said:
LI

Did you see Leicester v Northampton this weekend?

Excellent game.

I taped it while I was at Watford but I went to see London Irish's game yesterday so that's enough rugby for me this weekend. One of my teams can beat Cardiff :smokin:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Are London Irish in the semi's then?

i am hoping to get txt's to the Millenium to see the semi's

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ben Cohen is a thug...he kept jabbering at the ref ( a la Charlie) and he belted the New Zealander full back ( who i think was on his own side..LOL)

At one point the ref said......" Every decision I make you question...leave me alone"

At one point, the game was continuing and three blokes were haveing a set to in the middle of the pitch....excellent

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh f*** off you lot, this thread isn't for egg chasing gays, it's for footie.

dave the gaffer said:
Are London Irish in the semi's then?

i am hoping to get txt's to the Millenium to see the semi's

No - we lost to Wasps in the opening round robin so we were screwed straight away.

Double-headers are a great idea though and it's good there's a Welsh team left to add a bit of spice - should be a good day out. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/4498586.stm

Our big cup chance this season is the European Challenge Cup, the UEFA cup-style comp for Euro rugby teams. Flying to Toulouse in a couple of weeks to see us play Agen and then to Parma in Italy in January. The away trips in Europe are the best bit about following rugby :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You going to Parma?

a bloke at work wanted to know if I was going, he is a Cork man

how are you getting there...through the club?

dave the gaffer said:
You going to Parma?

a bloke at work wanted to know if I was going, he is a Cork man

how are you getting there...through the club?

Nope, through Easyjet :)

You can book hotels through the club though (although it's more the supporters club who do it on behalf of the club).

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Oh f*** off you lot, this thread isn't for egg chasing gays, it's for footie.

OK, OK, you have a point.

To get us back on track then, if Robinson was a tactical selection against MacKay, who could do the job againsst Sonko and Ingimarson?

Sonko is one of those Peter Crouch types who everyone laughs at but he is surprisingly effective :( One of Reading's best players this year :eek:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:

To get us back on track then, if Robinson was a tactical selection against MacKay, who could do the job againsst Sonko and Ingimarson?

Sonko is one of those Peter Crouch types who everyone laughs at but he is surprisingly effective :( One of Reading's best players this year :eek:
Leon & Big Mac :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:

:

Isn't that your job, to tell us like?

I still see CKR and Knight as the best combination and going by my theory that the same two should play every game (or how else are they going to learn eachothers games) I would want to see them up front.

I like the idea of having McPhee (who is looking very strong again) and Robinson (I agree his pace is very troublesome) coming off the bench.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
London Irish said:

A good question but ultimately pointless. Reading, I think, have let in 11 goals in 22 games this year. We could play all of our strikers and not hit the back of the net even if we played them all day.

Ingimarson is good enough to have any of our forwards in his pocket for 90 minutes.

I'd probably play CKR up front on his own (maybe even dare I say McPhee or whoever holds the ball up best), play 5 in midfield and try and hold out for a nil - nil. No point trying to match them man for man as they are better than us. Then bring of fresh legs and revert ot 4-4-2 once we let the inevitable goal in.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

London Irish said:

He knows what the team needs, he just faces a huge challenge given our lacks of funds to try and deliver it to the fans.

Lack of funds!!!!!

We blew 150 grand on a player that none of us have seen start a game yet.

i could simpathise with the "pleadingpoverty" angle if we hadn't wasted it all on a player that can't even get on the bench!

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Isn't that your job, to tell us like?

It's my wont to have an opinion and argue it with conviction. Apologies if it rankles with more sensitive souls like youself :)

Knight-CKR, and Knight-Big Mac are arguable choices, each with merit.

My feeling is Knight-CKR have a problem in that both are very laid-back players who don't hustle and work defenders enough in the manner of Robinson, McPhee or Virgs last season.

Big Mac is probably the one player in our squad who might have a chance at winning a header against Sonko, but on the back of one reserve game, probably not a great gamble. I would save him for Withdean games rather than the fast counterattacking style that works well for us away from home.

Sonko will rule the air so we need to move him around a bit. For me that points to playing Robinson. I think CKR hasn't been at his best against physical streetwise defenders like Sonko or Ingamarsson, so I would bring him on for the last 20 minutes and start with Leon.

I'm not a great fan of our two-winger policy, and I think it will be even less suceesful against the likes of Sonko's aerial power, so I would leave Frutos out and play Nicolas, Oatway and Hammond so we can try and even things up in midfield, playmaking through either a fit Carole or Jarrett.

Hannibal is taking the percentage call to be pessimistic but a factor he forgets is our good away record. It is no fluke, we play better against teams coming at us and leaving space for our flair players up front. We have a chance, even against the mighty Reading :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here