Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
dave the gaffer said:
i am becoming dissolutioned with football at the moment...funnily enough, My dad went the same way about this age.....he stopped going completely!

I even find myself watching Rugby on the telly now even if football is on :eek:

Its called PFD Post Falmer Depression, which is a bit like Post Natal Drepression. Everything should be fantastic but somehow it all seems an anticlimax.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Dropping our best players! Mark McGheeee, Mark McGhee!

Did he just rest Knighty on satdi to see if Robinson and CKR could play together or was there another reason? Either way he's a mowtface for doing it.

Nice to see a few posters on here appreciate my input!

No one has actually tried to answer Chappers question yet. The pairing was an attempt to expose MacKay's lack of pace (similar when Robinson was picked against Plymouth to expose Taribo West's).

I don't think it means Robinson is back first choice.

For all the slagging Jake gets from the miserable goons on here, I don't think he did too bad on Saturday, his pace did cause Watford the odd uncomfortale moment, even though he lacks the consistency and experience to be an automatic first choice.

Strange how this very talented local player has become a hate figure for the football-talking NSP'ers, but amusing at the same time :lol:

Leon will probably be back for the next game, flaws 'n all. Again, he wasn't terrible when he came on, he just wasn't hurting Watford enough that a player of his calibre should.

When he stood still and didn't make the run for Hammond's return cross at the end, I thought that was poor - it was a golden chance to win the game and temporarily lift Dave out of his late mid-life crisis.

I don't think this lack of workrate here is because Leon is lazy, I just don't think he anticipates enough of what goes on in a game that a player of his experience should do.

No doubt he was expecting Hammond to shoot rather than cross, but you have to keep working just on the off-chance that Plan A doesn't work out. Hammond was driven wide but put in a perfect cross across the six-yard boss that there was no one there to pick up - the kind of ball that the Leon has scored from this season, against Leeds and Palace, for example.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
KinkyGoebels said:
Take away all the goals that leon had some part in then claim he is not essential again.

Ill go first would have lost 3-0 to Leeds

'Completely essential' I said.

Shall we work out the scores if anyone of our players was missing from any given game? What about CKR, not many think he's completely essential but we would have lost 2 more games if it wasn't for him. Anyway let's not do this - it's a fruitless exercise.

I like Leon and I want him to play, but if he doesn't we can still get results.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

London Irish said:
Nice to see a few posters on here appreciate my input!

No one has actually tried to answer Chappers question yet. The pairing was an attempt to expose MacKay's lack of pace (similar when Robinson was picked against Plymouth to expose Taribo West's).

I don't think it means Robinson is back first choice.

For all the slagging Jake gets from the miserable goons on here, I don't think he did too bad on Saturday, his pace did cause Watford the odd uncomfortale moment, even though he lacks the consistency and experience to be an automatic first choice.

Strange how this very talented local player has become a hate figure for the football-talking NSP'ers, but amusing at the same time :lol:

Leon will probably be back for the next game, flaws 'n all. Again, he wasn't terrible when he came on, he just wasn't hurting Watford enough that a player of his calibre should.

When he stood still and didn't make the run for Hammond's return cross at the end, I thought that was poor - it was a golden chance to win the game and temporarily lift Dave out of his late mid-life crisis.

I don't think this lack of workrate here is because Leon is lazy, I just don't think he anticipates enough of what goes on in a game that a player of his experience should do.

No doubt he was expecting Hammond to shoot rather than cross, but you have to keep working just on the off-chance that Plan A doesn't work out. Hammond was driven wide but put in a perfect cross across the six-yard boss that there was no one there to pick up - the kind of ball that the Leon has scored from this season, against Leeds and Palace, for example.

Thank you for fielding my question, an interesting answer.

Does it worry you, LI, that McGhee doesn't know which pairing he likes best yet?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KinkyGoebels said:
Part of hitlers best work was redesigning London :dunce:
If I ever see you I'm going to f**** smash you f**** face in you c**t. You f***** loser. C**t

:censored:

:jester:

Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Thank you for fielding my question, an interesting answer.

Does it worry you, LI, that McGhee doesn't know which pairing he likes best yet?

Not really, because it reflects the reality that there isn't an enormous amount to choose between them all, all of them bring something to the team in different tactical circumstances, but none are the "complete package" you can 100 per cent trust in all circumstances.

I would be worried if McGhee said these are the guys that are going to keep us up. But he is clearly saying that he wants to bring someone else in, and he is saying it a lot! Take his comment, for example, that we would have won on Saturday if Marlon King had been an Albion player.

He knows what the team needs, he just faces a huge challenge given our lacks of funds to try and deliver it to the fans.

KinkyGoebels said:
Part of hitlers best work was redesigning London :dunce:

Ah, you were in parody mode.

I'm not reading enough NSC threads to keep up :blush:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

London Irish said:

He knows what the team needs, he just faces a huge challenge given our lacks of funds to try and deliver it to the fans.

Yes, yes he does.

It's just a shame he wasted so much of Turienzo. At least he's admitted he error now. Hopefully he can persuade one of his mates to lend us a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here