Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
dave the gaffer said:
with all due respect, I will reserve my dissapointment to whoever and whatever I like, thank you.

Well of course, but then again this is a football message board so if you don't want your opinions discussed it'd be best not to give them.

I would (with all due respect) just suggest that if you are disappointed at a point away to the team 4th in this league then you are in for a whole season of disappointment, whether we stay up or not.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Uncle Buck said:
So how come Knight has 5 goals in the league and the Wonder Boy has just the 1?

Well, knock one off for a penalty. And another I think was from a yard when Jarrett hit the post. So that's the grand total of three others.

The point is, how often do you see Leon in a one on one? He's hardly ever looking for those. Leon's very good with the ball at his feet but tends to play deeper, whereas Jake makes better runs and offers something different. It's really only finishing that's let him down so far... he'd have more than Leon comfortably otherwise.

There's not much to choose between them as far as I can see. Quite why so many people seem to see Leon as a great Championship player I just can't fathom. He has his share of stinkers too.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:
Well of course, but then again this is a football message board so if you don't want your opinions discussed it'd be best not to give them.

There is of course a difference in expressing an opinion and telling someone what their opinion should be

I would (with all due respect) just suggest that if you are disappointed at a point away to the team 4th in this league then you are in for a whole season of disappointment, whether we stay up or not.

I think with respect, there are quite a lot of people who believe we having a season of immense dissapointment. But hey...its only a game:D

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
trueblue said:
Well, knock one off for a penalty. And another I think was from a yard when Jarrett hit the post. So that's the grand total of three others.

The point is, how often do you see Leon in a one on one? He's hardly ever looking for those. Leon's very good with the ball at his feet but tends to play deeper, whereas Jake makes better runs and offers something different. It's really only finishing that's let him down so far... he'd have more than Leon comfortably otherwise.

There's not much to choose between them as far as I can see. Quite why so many people seem to see Leon as a great Championship player I just can't fathom. He has his share of stinkers too.

But the one against Crewe came off the post and Knight was in the position any decent goal poacher should have been.

The reason Knight ends up so deep is that the central midfield does not create the opportunities and so he has to go and find the ball.

There is far more to Knight's game than there is to Robinsons and I suspect that will remain the case for as long as they are both involved in the game.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
trueblue said:

I agree. This season in particular, he's has played well on occasions, but I don't see him as completely essential as others seem to.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where is the "oirish one" to put us all right on our season so far.

I am missing his posts all ending with a little smilie:rolleyes:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
dave the gaffer said:
I think with respect, there are quite a lot of people who believe we having a season of immense dissapointment. But hey...its only a game:D

It's interesting because although I'm disappointed by the quantity of draws, I'm really encouraged by the football we're playing and some of the players we've got. I think we're much stronger than we've ever been in the Championship and that's why I'm supportive of McGhee - I think we're going in the right direction.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:
It's interesting because although I'm disappointed by the quantity of draws, I'm really encouraged by the football we're playing and some of the players we've got. I think we're much stronger than we've ever been in the Championship and that's why I'm supportive of McGhee - I think we're going in the right direction.

fair enough...each to his or her own.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
That's the problem :lolol:

I would be very nice if I were you, remember Christmas presents are currently being considered:angel:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
dave the gaffer said:
I would be very nice if I were you, remember Christmas presents are currently being considered:angel:

Mum says she's already bought them, and money's coming into my account in the next couple of days ;)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
dave the gaffer said:
where is the "oirish one" to put us all right on our season so far.

I am missing his posts all ending with a little smilie:rolleyes:
I'm sure it wont be long...
large-smiley-004.gif

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Mum says she's already bought them, and money's coming into my account in the next couple of days ;)

yeahbutnobutyeahbut....dontyougivemeeeeeevils

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Why all this nostalga for West Ham away last year? great result but a shit game. We had our backs to the wall for 90mins. Butters popped up and scored from a rare set piece. These things happen. We went an entire season without beating any one by more than one goal. We've already done that this season. All those game we won by one goal could so easily have been draws. Where as so many of our draws this season could have been wins by 1 goal. Look at Everton!

There is a fine line between a shit and good season. I believe we are a much more solid outfit this season. All good sides are build around a solid defense. The first thing we must do at this level is not lose. Then we can pinch a few games. The fact remains we are a difficult side to beat. A bit more rub of the green and we could easily be mid table. I was far more worried last season about going down. I don't believe for a minute we'll go down this season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DJ Leon said:
I agree. This season in particular, he's has played well on occasions, but I don't see him as completely essential as others seem to.

Take away all the goals that leon had some part in then claim he is not essential again.

Ill go first would have lost 3-0 to Leeds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here