Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee, Mark McGhee! Mark Mc-Gheeee, Mark McGhee!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
what i mean is that last year we were beating teams every now and again away and home who were far better teams than we were.....

this year we have beaten palace ( who I admit are a better side than us) and beaten Plymouth who were dreadful...that is it.

we are all singing the praises of MM for drawing with watford, when I would expect Vicarage Road to be one of those places where we get a result. Yes its difficult, but if we are going to survive we need to get results what other people would regard as "unexpected results"

You see that is where you are wrong Dave. You are thinking with your head. Now go away and post something that is thinking with your heart, with a heavy dose of blue and white tint to it and everything will be OK.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
dave the gaffer said:
Oh yes...we beat Sheff United away last year also.
I think we'll continue to surprise a few teams who 'with respect should be beating the likes of Brighton' etc etc. But its not our away form thats the problem though. The simple fact is, all the hard work on the road is being undone by our pathetic record at Withers this season. Most teams in this division would be quite satisfied with an away record like ours, and we've gone at picked up a point at a lot of places where better teams than the Albion have been, and will be, systematically raped.

Continue this away form, and start picking up a few wins at home, and we'll be home and dry.

E

enigma

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
The fact that McGhee still hasn't worked out his bet strike partnership is annoying, he MUST realise that Knight should be playing in it, at least.

Yep, agree with that.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
but if we are going to survive we need to get results what other people would regard as "unexpected results"

Getting a win anywhere would be pretty unexpected at this point.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
dave the gaffer said:
what i mean is that last year we were beating teams every now and again away and home who were far better teams than we were.....

this year we have beaten palace ( who I admit are a better side than us) and beaten Plymouth who were dreadful...that is it.

we are all singing the praises of MM for drawing with watford, when I would expect Vicarage Road to be one of those places where we get a result. Yes its difficult, but if we are going to survive we need to get results what other people would regard as "unexpected results"

Why is Vicarage Road one of the places we should get a result?

I presume that's based on a traditional view of Watford and not the fact that they've started very well this season, look a useful outfit and are 4th in the league.

Are you seriously suggesting that given the circumstances we should be disappointed with a point away from home at Watford? We should be chuffed with a point away anywhere. As Easy 10 says, it's the home games we SHOULD be getting results in.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:
Why is Vicarage Road one of the places we should get a result?

I presume that's based on a traditional view of Watford and not the fact that they've started very well this season, look a useful outfit and are 4th in the league.

Are you seriously suggesting that given the circumstances we should be disappointed with a point away from home at Watford? We should be chuffed with a point away anywhere. As Easy 10 says, it's the home games we SHOULD be getting results in.

As west ham were last year?

Yes I was dissapointed with the result on saturday. I honestly thought we could get something out of the game.

But there again, blind optimism has always been my downfall.

Certainly optimism does take a nose dive when the only person looking like they will score is on the bench...but hey....MM is the manager. He knows what he is doing...we have no idea

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

Yes I was dissapointed with the result on saturday. I honestly thought we could get something out of the game.

Certainly optimism does take a nose dive when the only person looking like they will score is on the bench...but hey....MM is the manager. He knows what he is doing...we have no idea

Thats the spirit!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
dave the gaffer said:

-MM is the manager. He knows what he is doing...we have no idea

Who was the manager against West Ham last year (when they were NOT in the play offs and we were NOT in the relegation zone)

Who needs Leon when we have goal machine TANK, who scored at West Ham and Watford, all we need is lots more away games at teams beginning with 'W'

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
dave the gaffer said:

3 points at WHU was great, but did anyone EXPECT it?

By the way we did get something out of the game - an away point. It sounds as if you think we lost.

Under current circumstances the only games I EXPECT us to win are at home and against opposition in the lower sections of the table. Reserve you disappointment for anything other than a win against Hull and Millwall.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyGoebels said:
Mark Mcghee should be the next England manager

He would fit in well with his penchant for playing players out of position.

I call it Graham Taylor syndrome.....

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:
. Reserve you disappointment for anything other than a win against Hull and Millwall.

with all due respect, I will reserve my dissapointment to whoever and whatever I like, thank you.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Repugnant Toad said:
But what did Robinson contribute to that? Watford were crap, and there for the taking - with Knight in the side, we may well have done that.

Knight never seems to get in the scoring positions that Jake does. It's good to have him in the side because he's undoubtedly quality, but given his goalscoring record I don't see why he has any more right to start up front than the rest of them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
PS As for West Ham last year...we were abosolutely battered and should have lost six nil.

At Watford, we had good spells... we have far more variety to our play now. With a tall centre half and a goalscorer we'd be clear of the drop zone no trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here