Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Mcghee- " I Saw It Coming"- Interview In Insight City News

Rookie said:
get over McGhee he has gone get on with it and support the manager. Stop living in the past. Personally i'd love to see Coppell still here but not going to happen is it
Difference is, we had no choice over Coppell going.

Silent Bob said:
"The only contact we have had with Brighton on this subject was a couple of weeks ago when Mark McGhee rang asking about his availability."

Clearly he was a Dick Knight target then.

Did you have a moment of temporary blindness and miss this bit then:

Seagulls Chairman Dick Knight has publicly stated that Shipperley is a target and also announced that United have left it to the player to make a decision on his future.

But Warnock hit back by saying: "It's absurd, I don't know why Dick should make a comment, it is not factually true."

The case I think that ROSM is making is that McGhee pursued ambitious targets without (verbal) support from the board. That is obviously untenable, Knight went on record many times supporting bids for the likes of Shipperley and Dichio.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm with london irish on this one...All th big names have come from knight's mouth for mcghee to spin to encourage what were very poor season ticket sales

rool

Jul 10, 2003
London Irish said:
Difference is, we had no choice over Coppell going.

I'm sure I either read or saw an interview where Coppell says he was waiting to be asked to stay but the offer never came so he took the Reading job.

Don't ask me to find the evidence though :D

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
London Irish said:
Here's the Shipperley one - this attracted much comment at the time because Neil Warnock specifically contradicted Dick Knight's comments on Shipperley

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?threadid=71116

Back with the Dichio one soon

to be entirely accurate that is a quote attributable to warnock concerning a quote by DK - but of course as you say, this was last season when we were still a championship side. You and I both know we are talking about the summer and the dichio fiasco. At the end of the day, MM says who he wanted and the club made approaches. sorry - it looks like the club backed the manager no matter how far fetched his requests. Though I havent seen the DK quotes about Chopra, McPhail and Johnson

ROSM said:
to be entirely accurate that is a quote attributable to warnock concerning a quote by DK - but of course as you say, this was last season when we were still a championship side. You and I both know we are talking about the summer and the dichio fiasco. At the end of the day, MM says who he wanted and the club made approaches. sorry - it looks like the club backed the manager no matter how far fetched his requests. Though I havent seen the DK quotes about Chopra, McPhail and Johnson

OK, and the one chasing Dichio after McGhee has been sacked? ???

ROSM said:
that says Knight encouraged them to proceed with squad strengthening. White then refers to Dichio. Tenuous LI, tenuous!

How is a direct quote from Dean White tenuous? Do you want me to find the loads made by Knight at the Fans Forum about Dichio then? :)

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
The case I think that ROSM is making is that McGhee pursued ambitious targets without (verbal) support from the board. That is obviously untenable, Knight went on record many times supporting bids for the likes of Shipperley and Dichio. [/B][/QUOTE]

absolute rubbish - that is not what i said and no amount of journalistic gerrymandering of quotes and statements will say that.

speak of facts rather than what you believe has been said.

munster monch said:
I'm sure I either read or saw an interview where Coppell says he was waiting to be asked to stay but the offer never came so he took the Reading job.

Don't ask me to find the evidence though :D
Funnily enough, there is a great post on here that disproves that theory comprehensively. Made by ROSM I believe :clap:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
London Irish said:
How is a direct quote from Dean White tenuous? Do you want me to find the loads made by Knight at the Fans Forum about Dichio then? :)

what did you expect him to say - sorry Mark wants Dichio but I think he's gone a bit gaga? It is a quote from Dean white which follows on from him being told to press ahead and strengthen.

It's a bit like me saying - continue on this thread LI, there's a good chap and you then insulting someone.

That doesn't make me responsible for the insult!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
London Irish said:
Funnily enough, there is a great post on here that disproves that theory comprehensively. Made by ROSM I believe :clap:

correct - if someone can be bothered to search for it.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
London Irish said:

How can words from the trouser challenged geezer himself be a theory?

He either said it or I was having another cheese induced erotic dream about him again. I'm factually right or wrong but it wasn't theoretical.

ROSM said:
what did you expect him to say - sorry Mark wants Dichio but I think he's gone a bit gaga? It is a quote from Dean white which follows on from him being told to press ahead and strengthen.

It's a bit like me saying - continue on this thread LI, there's a good chap and you then insulting someone.

That doesn't make me responsible for the insult!

Errr.....right :)

I'll take that as you DO want more evidence about Knight's seriousness about chasing Dichio. I am genuinely surprised at you questioning this because Knight has given many quotes where he was quite proud in saying he negotiated Dichio's release by Preston and matched his salary. (The only flaw was that the player didn't want to come.)

But as your need more convincing, I'll find the quotes for you.

ROSM said:
correct - if someone can be bothered to search for it.

Not me, you've already set me my homework for today.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
London Irish said:
Errr.....right :)

I'll take that as you DO want more evidence about Knight's seriousness about chasing Dichio. I am genuinely surprised at you questioning this because Knight has given many quotes where he was quite proud in saying he negotiated Dichio's release by Preston and matched his salary. (The only flaw was that the player didn't want to come.)

But as your need more convincing, I'll find the quotes for you.

accepting that knight doesn't actually say go for dichio to white or wilkins (you do accept that dont you?) - perhaps having succesfully negotiated a price and wages (funny for a club who many say have no money) then it isn't rocket science that he woudln't come. But my point is that MM went for people who are out of our league - even if we agree wages and fees. You have done nothing to disprove that. MM names who he wanted and the board go for it. Imagine how chuffed knight must have been to get a fee and wages agreed.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fuckin 'ell London Irish really needs to get laid. Maybe if we all club together we can scrape £50 to get Mcghee to suck him off (that'll be more than his dole money anyway)

:unclesam:

OK, there you go ROSM

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~855735,00.html

report straight from the Seagulls website, direct quotes from Knight, no mischeivous spin by Andy Naylor possible.....really can't find the quote there by Knight that McGhee has gone gaga ;)

It was a good chase, we agreed 2 out of 3 elements of a deal, got Preston sorted, the wages element was OK, just didn't get Dichio/agent onside. Shame, but I think justification about why it is useful to chase Championship names.

dwayne said:
Fuckin 'ell London Irish really needs to get laid. Maybe if we all club together we can scrape £50 to get Mcghee to suck him off (that'll be more than his dole money anyway)

:unclesam:
Don't think my five months pregnant girlfriend would be too impressed, but thanks anyway. Paying for sex is more your thing, isn't it? Seem to remember you boasting about that on here :jester:

Last edited:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Dean blaming the players on Seagulls TV tonight
That is normally the last shot of a Manager about to leave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here