Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Mcghee- " I Saw It Coming"- Interview In Insight City News

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey......Steve having a go at a bloke (ROSM) who has done more for the club in a consultant and financial expert role, than any of the people on here would imagine.

I think Steve has bitten off more than his bitter twised little hack mind can chew.

Go and get him Ade!!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
Don't think my five months pregnant girlfriend would be too impressed, but thanks anyway. Paying for sex is more your thing, isn't it? Seem to remember you boasting about that on here :jester:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

ROSM said:
accepting that knight doesn't actually say go for dichio to white or wilkins (you do accept that dont you?) - perhaps having succesfully negotiated a price and wages (funny for a club who many say have no money) then it isn't rocket science that he woudln't come. But my point is that MM went for people who are out of our league - even if we agree wages and fees. You have done nothing to disprove that. MM names who he wanted and the board go for it. Imagine how chuffed knight must have been to get a fee and wages agreed.

Direct quote from Knight: "That is the sort of player we are trying to get".

Not "Mark is holding a gun to my head making me say these things to journalists".

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
London Irish said:
OK, there you go ROSM

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~855735,00.html

report straight from the Seagulls website, direct quotes from Knight, no mischeivous spin by Andy Naylor possible.....really can't find the quote there by Knight that McGhee has gone gaga ;)

It was a good chase, we agreed 2 out of 3 elements of a deal, got Preston sorted, the wages element was OK, just didn't get Dichio/agent onside. Shame, but I think justification about why it is useful to chase Championship names.

for heavens sake LI answer the points - I am not doubting about the dichio deal. I am saying that he was out of our league. MM wanted him and the board tried to get him. That's not the issue here.

You said that Dichio was last season - it has now been proven as this summer FACT. Just accept that you were wrong!

It has been stated that MM wanted Dichio - you are not doubting this.

Yes the board have made quotes - why wouldn't they when they are doing the negitiations?

In this thread you have tried to twist and manipulate and misquote me and when that doesn't work you fudge the subject.

I cannot understand why you put so much effort into something that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Please just chill out - it really isn't that important :smokin:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
London Irish said:
Direct quote from Knight: "That is the sort of player we are trying to get".

Not "Mark is holding a gun to my head making me say these things to journalists".

Exactly - ' that is the sort of player we are trying to get'.

Hardly MM wants to sign someone but I've talked him round. The board backed him - no matter how ridiculous the subject. hardly backs his comments about Chopra, Johnson or McPhail does it?

ROSM said:
You said that Dichio was last season - it has now been proven as this summer FACT. Just accept that you were wrong!

What difference does last season or the summer make? :lolol:

At every step of the way you questioned whether Dick Knight had publically backed ambitious moves, I have painstakingly dug out a number of quotes that showed he did. I can't do more than that. If you have satisfied you have proved some kind of point, fair enough, we'll leave it there, I think I've answered what you originally asked.

And just to pick you up on an earlier comment, Brentford was not a capitulation by the team, a point against an upper midtable team is not that. Today, however, was a capitulation, but I'm sure you'll somehow rationalise that as McGhee's fault too.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
London Irish said:
What difference does last season or the summer make? :lolol:

SIMPLE REALLY - YOU ACCUSED ME OF HAVING A MIX UP OVER TIMESCALES - WHICH HAS NOW BEEN PROVED TO BE YOUR MIX UP. ACCEPT IT - YOU WERE WRONG!

At every step of the way you questioned whether Dick Knight had publically backed ambitious moves, I have painstakingly dug out a number of quotes that showed he did. I can't do more than that. If you have satisfied you have proved some kind of point, fair enough, we'll leave it there, I think I've answered what you originally asked.

AT NO POINT DID I QUESTION DK ON THIS. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE PF YOU MAKING THINGS UP. NOT GREAT FOR A JOURNALIST. I WAS QUESTIONING MM'S TARGETS AND AGREEING WITH ICY THAT DK NEVER CORRECTED HIS AIM. PLEASE DONT FUDGE THAT YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE HERE. C'MON ADMIT IT LI - YOU REALLY ARE SO INTENT ON ARGUING THAT YOU'VE ACTUALLY FORGOTTEN WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!

And just to pick you up on an earlier comment, Brentford was not a capitulation by the team, a point against an upper midtable team is not that. Today, however, was a capitulation, but I'm sure you'll somehow rationalise that as McGhee's fault too.

2-0 UP TO A 2-2 DRAW. YEP THAT'S A CAPITULATION. AS HAS BEEN TODAY. QUITE SIMPLY THOUGH WE HAVE A TEAM TO WHOM LOSING IS A HABIT. I WOULD THINK SINCE JAN 2005 THAT LOSING HAS BEEN A VERY REGULAR ONE.

You can have the last word - well done for at least not blaming today on McGhee - or did you? :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here