Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McCammon can f*** RIGHT OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Coventry was one of his better games, and that does not say much for his abilities.
But he his better than Mcphee who is simply out of his depth and as molanga though "in great form" can't make the bench, McGhee obviously feels the two half fit players are the better choice.
As we can't sign anyone intill next season, theres no point in getting on his back.
Play with the hand your dealt.........

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Finchley Seagull said:
This is helpful isn't it. We come to a major part of the season and suddenly all the fans turn on one player. Have you people not learned from previous examples such as Guy Butters. Look what you called him two years ago.

Now I know Mark McCammon is not playing at his best but he has had a virus and is still not fully fit. I thought his best game was Sunderland and then he fell ill again. Why not support the team instead of slagging off individuals on here. Mark McCammon will come good next season when fully fit and until then he is the best we have.

Fans have been saying Mark McCammon is shit at every club he has been at!

fatboy said:

And fans at Bristol Rovers, Spurs and West Sham thought Zamora was shit. Does that change your mind about the player or prove a flying f**k?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We all knew McCammon was shit before we came here, but the fact seems to be that we can't afford a proven player, and I think McGhee wants big guy as a foil. Until now, it's done us no harm at all, and we still probably only need two wins.

Chippy's piss poor sending off is more to blame for our current rut than McCammon, end of. I will forgive Chippy though, cos he's a legend.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
the right footed denilson said:

i think big mac is trying hard but simply not good enough. however- that isnt his fault. its our fault for signing him with the misunderstanding that he might turn out to be any use.

Spot on assessment of the situation...

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
Was concerned from beginning of season about our lack of proven goal scorer for this division. Really disappointed one hasn't been signed all season. I know we have no money but surely a loan players wages would have been good value compared with relegation.
On top of this Kuipers injury plus red cards for stupid sending offs and am not surprised we are scrapping for survival.
I have paid for next seasons season ticket and am happy to have done so whatever. However it is a good thig the club asked for the money early because three who went with us to Coventry wouldn't have renewed if relegation was on the cards.
Have certain amount of faith in McGhee so hope he can gee all the players up for the final push.

fatboy said:

Yes, but this comes down to fans rather ignorantly just wanting players who look and play like Thierry Henry. Look at the resistance among Brighton fans to Virgs playing up front - it's the same narrow-minded view of what makes a good footballer. Fans generally never take to big, awkward-looking players until they prove themselves, then they become cult heroes.

Millwall was probably a step too far for Big Mac but he's found his level with us and if he gets or creates a goal that keeps us up in the next few weeks, cult status is assured.

Last edited:

KinkyGoebels said:
No as Zamora did something for Brighton

Mccammon has not and will not

Go and buy the Sunderland DVD in the shop, £12.99, and educate yourself.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Lokki 7 said:
And fans at Bristol Rovers, Spurs and West Sham thought Zamora was shit. Does that change your mind about the player or prove a flying f**k?

Zamora had proved himself to be good before he went to West Ham and Spurs.

I doubt Bristol Rovers fans would have seen him play for long enough to make a judgement.

Has McCammon played well at any club?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Pay peanuts you get those willing to play for peanuts. What is worrying is the guy is always knackered, perhaps he is genuinely ill or perhaps he is one of those players who never get fully fit

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Yes, but this comes down to fans rather ignorantly just wanting players who look and play like Thierry Henry.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Another LI classic......

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
oapdodge said:
The fans do not see what the manager and coaches see during the week.
I think the problem is that the manager and coaches do not see what many fans see during a match - McCammons lack of quality including a basic lack of control. Unfortunately, McCammon seems to be 1 of McGhees favourites. If he is going to play Virgo up front then we dont need another big player there too. He should have tried Virgo and Robinson together a long time ago but he will not have the bottle to recall Robinson from his loan now.

Uncle Buck said:
It is a bit of a tired argument refering to that one game. The last few games he has been woeful, OK he might not be fit, but then he should not be playing. But he has had a couple of good games in 15 or so appearances, not all that great to be honest.

To keep kicking a player who got carried off at half-time slogging his guts out of the team when ill I think sums up perfectly the sour and mean-minded mentality of some people on here.

fatboy said:
Zamora had proved himself to be good before he went to West Ham and Spurs.

I doubt Bristol Rovers fans would have seen him play for long enough to make a judgement.

Has McCammon played well at any club?

My point was simply, so what if other clubs fans say he is shit?
He may still come good for us but he needs to be fit. MM has said we will not see the best of him until next season and that is good enough for me. It is just unfortunate we need him so badly now. I actually don't rate the bloke, but then I didn't rate big Lumo either and it was his contribution that got us into this division in the first place so what do I know.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
To keep kicking a player who got carried off at half-time slogging his guts out of the team when ill I think sums up perfectly the sour and mean-minded mentality of some people on here.

As a rule you cannot knock his commitment, but at present he does seem to be struggling with fitness, so it is hardly fair to him or his teamates to ask him to play full games. You know my views on him, but as we are paying him, I would like to see some return from the guy, but I do not think that is possible when he is struggling for fitness.

Uncle Buck said:
As a rule you cannot knock his commitment, but at present he does seem to be struggling with fitness, so it is hardly fair to him or his teamates to ask him to play full games. You know my views on him, but as we are paying him, I would like to see some return from the guy, but I do not think that is possible when he is struggling for fitness.

His recent viral illness was unfortunate but with games the lingering effects on his fitness of that will recede.

If he doesn't play, then it's McPhee, who I'm afraid doesn't have the same physical presence to trouble defenders at this level. So a three-quarters-fit McCammon it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here