Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Honestly I'm not worried at all about our chances of keeping Cucu this summer amidst interest from the so-called Big Six.

However, a potential bid from Barcelona could present a huge headache for us. Marc is definitely good enough to start for them, with Jordi Alba getting on a bit. Add to the fact that Xavi is now in charge, if he sees Marc as a key piece of his rebuilding project at Barcelona then he's definitely gone, not to mention that they aren't afraid to throw money despite their financial woes (as evidenced by the Ferran Torres signing in January).

As long as he's here, I'll continue to enjoy Cucu absolutely dominating our left flank for now with his lovely hair :albion2:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No chance of him going in the summer. If we sold Trossard, Biss and Cucurella relegation would be very possible next season as we won’t replace with similar quality ready to go players.

I’m kinda dreading the summer it can go one of two ways a load of money banked with a few prospects signed ( scary thought ) or keep most core players and add some real quality in the forward areas to get us buzzing for the new season.

I'm not sure I agree. Biss has only been at this level for the last 18 months or so and if Caicedo keeps up his development then we could cover that exit. We signed Cucurella, so could sign someone similar again. My real worry is Trossard if I'm honest, but long term Sarmiento could be that man.

That said, I'd be genuinely shocked if all three went so I'm quite relaxed about it all really

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
89 minutes 3 nil up,receives the ball from Dunky at the back,passes it infield then sets off on a 70 yard run,the pass towards him gets intercepted and rolled back to the keeper, does he stop? don't be daft he then sprints across to close down the keeper who finds his RB so of course El Cuckoo chases him down as well before sprinting back into defence,mental. I love it.

View attachment 147490

El Cuckoo seems a little harsh on first reading,but in truth it was like he'd been wound up to full capacity pre match then let loose on a unsuspecting Wolves team who had no answer to his pure unadulterated enthusiasm for being everywhere at the right time all over the pitch,it was a fine performance and the type of effort that gets the crowd on their feet,not that anyone sat down,fast becoming my favourite player.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Without serious international recognition, I don't think an ESL type mega club will be coming in for Marc.

I wouldn't rule out Spurs. They may still sell Kane in the summer and have a tonne of money to spend and they need a player like him. Newcastle, always the main threat now, but I reckon LB is now a low priority for them as they have Targett who is thought of well there.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Obviously complete nonsense, as it is TeamTalk quoting Sports Witness, but this made me laugh out loud!

https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/marc-cucurella-brighton-exit-price-tag-emerges

They reckon that after spending £15.4m to buy him, our selling price now (with Spurs "evaluating whether to make a bid") would be a mighty £17.1m.

"Cucurella penned a long-term contract when joining Brighton – it lasts until June 2026. As such, Potter’s side can command a decent fee.

Sport Witness state it will take an offer worth £17.1million to tempt Brighton into selling.

This would see the south coast team earn a small profit on Cucurella, who has won one cap for Spain in his career."

I guess it comes with the territory of being a #TeamLikeBrighton that we shouldn't expect to fleece bigger teams by asking them too much, and really should be grateful that anyone would show an interest in a Brighton player...hence "command a decent fee".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously complete nonsense, as it is TeamTalk quoting Sports Witness, but this made me laugh out loud!

https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/marc-cucurella-brighton-exit-price-tag-emerges

They reckon that after spending £15.4m to buy him, our selling price now (with Spurs "evaluating whether to make a bid") would be a mighty £17.1m.

"Cucurella penned a long-term contract when joining Brighton – it lasts until June 2026. As such, Potter’s side can command a decent fee.

Sport Witness state it will take an offer worth £17.1million to tempt Brighton into selling.

This would see the south coast team earn a small profit on Cucurella, who has won one cap for Spain in his career."

I guess it comes with the territory of being a #TeamLikeBrighton that we shouldn't expect to fleece bigger teams by asking them too much, and really should be grateful that anyone would show an interest in a Brighton player...hence "command a decent fee".

Anyone who genuinely thinks TB will be happy to make a profit of 2 million on a player who arrived with no PL experience and is potentially the Albion player of the year with 4 years left on his contract must have had a lobotomy recently

It's not even funny it's pathetic and whoever wrote it is totally clueless

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

That's hilarious. The headline even reads as if they've got some top secret scoop in finding out the selling price. What a load of bollocks. If we were to sell this summer they can triple that. :facepalm:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Indeed, a joke....they paid £23m for Aurier - one of the most useless Premier League fullbacks. And that was 5 years ago.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I saw this before I referred to NSC to see any reaction. I'm actually really worried. If Levy sees that he can be bought for £17.1m, he'll be on this pretty quickly. Get a terrific player at a bargain basement price, keep Conti happy and surely a team like Brighton couldn't turn down a £1.7m profit in 12m in these post Covid years. Sorry fellas, he's gone.
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not sure I agree. Biss has only been at this level for the last 18 months or so and if Caicedo keeps up his development then we could cover that exit. We signed Cucurella, so could sign someone similar again. My real worry is Trossard if I'm honest, but long term Sarmiento could be that man.

That said, I'd be genuinely shocked if all three went so I'm quite relaxed about it all really
How many years did we wait for a decent left back? I don’t think it’s as easy as oh well we can sign another with the same or better quality.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Incredible again.

But

Slightly worrying interview after the game. Family haven't settled and he just kept saying it. Hence the tears when he scored.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spurs upping their bid too £17.1m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here