Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As Swanny says, comfortably the best left sided player in the league defensively and very entertaining, if erratic, going forwards. Like Biss before him and Caicedo after, it’s very obvious with some players that they are destined for much greater things. We are blessed by some of these guys so enjoy them while they’re here.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As Swanny says, comfortably the best left sided player in the league defensively and very entertaining, if erratic, going forwards. Like Biss before him and Caicedo after, it’s very obvious with some players that they are destined for much greater things. We are blessed by some of these guys so enjoy them while they’re here.
Better than Andy Robertson !? Dont think so somehow.

Might be better than anything man city have at LB though. Could even be an outside chance of signing for city.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Tottenham bound….

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte is keen on bolstering his squad with the summer signings of Southampton's England midfielder James Ward-Prowse, 27, and Brighton's Spainleft-back Marc Cucurella, 23. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no way Spurs can afford to buy, or are willing to pay the asking price, for Cucu and the 4 years left on his contract.

When Conte realises that, they'll be looking for a new manager before left back.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
North London clubs know the price for talented young Brighton defenders with long contracts.
50 mill.
And don’t bother haggling.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Translation of article is very vague :

"More additions to the rotation such as Victor Osimhen, James Ward Prowse and Marc Cucurella are also expected, bearing in mind that several sales of players not included in the club's plans for next season are also expected. The intention is to have a team capable of competing against the best in Europe, taking advantage of the fact that it seems difficult for them to enter the next Champions League and they can focus only on the English Premier League".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
North London clubs know the price for talented young Brighton defenders with long contracts.
50 mill.
And don’t bother haggling.

TBH I think that'll need to be Spurs 'low' starting bid.
It won't be though - as they are Spurs it'll £10m and a packet of salt and vinegar crisps.

Joke club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He thought March was better than Cucurella in that position earlier in the season talks bollocks half the time.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We'll want £40m+ and Spurs wont pay that. They have the money but notoriously low ball on their bids and then end up looking elsewhere for cheaper deals when they get knocked back. Sometimes that works out for them, sometimes it doesnt. They'll bid £20m, get told to double it, and end up looking for a cheaper deal from a European team. They also currently have Regulion and Sessegnon in that position so I doubt they'll blow £40m on another LWB. Cucurella is good, but his crossing needs improvement and I think thats an attribute they'll be prioritising in whichever LWB they go for, if they do go for a new one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who is the better player, or has the most potential?
Cucurella or White?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cucurella or White?

Better now - Cucurella
Most potential - White. Doesn't mean he'll fulfil it, but I think his potential ceiling is very high.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Cucurella or White?

Thats a really good question. Personally to us, I think Cucurella is more valuable, simply because it will be harder to replace him. With White we had a lot of centrebacks but it took us three or four seasons to find a good left wing back. Therefore replacing White has been relatively straight forward compared to the prospect of replacing Cucurella.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thats a really good question. Personally to us, I think Cucurella is more valuable...
I was really meaning to others - ie, the price for White was £50m, would the price for Cucu be similar, higher or lower. Although I suppose that how valuable he is for us right now affects whether we'd accept a fair market value.

Obviously I hope he stays regardless, he's a joy to watch. But if he's destined for CL footy and if the numbers work for Sir Tony Bloom, then I understand he may go. In which case, I was wondering what sort of figure is right.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can completely imagine Cucurella in a Chelsea shirt. I don't know why, it just seems a logical one to me, maybe after 1 more season or so.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we have Leeds to thank in part for getting £50M for young White. That season running away with the Championship, all the noise generated around him, the Free Ben White campaign - all raised his profile enormously. Had we kept him at Brighton to quietly and gradually work his way into the first team I don't think we'd have got the same amount of money for him.
Cucurella's price? I have no idea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here