Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What are the club hiding exactly?

There is a very very high chance that nothing has been agreed, no one with any credibility is reporting the whole "done deal" story. It's coming from such highly regarded twitter accounts called something like Transfer Newz Weekly and other accounts desperate to appear in the know, when in fact they've only been setup in the last month. When Fabrizio Romano or someone of his ilk starts mentioning it, then we should worry a bit more. Until then this is clearly to be filed under the normal transfer window BS.

I agree, which is the point I was clumsily trying to make.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Disagree.

Unfortunately Brighton can't expect teams to be dumb enough to pay 10x the sane value of a player just because one single club is doing it over and over again. If Obi-Wan is to be taken into account, Cucurella should cost £500m and that is pretty unlikely.

Cucurella isn’t 10 times more valuable than AWB after 1 season of premier league experience

AWB went based on one season and a long contract and that is what it cost, not reflective on actual value

We don’t need to sell, can’t see us selling below £60m (even if structured)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven’t done this before, but I dug into the sauce of the Cucurella faux news.

All roads lead to Rome and all Cucurella ManC rumours over the last 3 weeks emanate from a Citeh fan with the pen name “Freddie Pye” who runs a couple of cheapskate Citeh websites. He pushed his bullsh@t to a Spanish newspaper El Desmarque, which was then in turn seized upon by the usual clickbait liars at the Mail and Express.

Freddie Pye is mentioned as talking BS on other football fora over the last 2 years. In addition, the mega transfers he predicted to Citeh and Liverpool over the last 2 years never happened.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can’t see him leaving this summer tbh. Hasn’t he just purchased a house in the area not that makes much of difference these days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven’t done this before, but I dug into the sauce of the Cucurella faux news.

All roads lead to Rome and all Cucurella ManC rumours over the last 3 weeks emanate from a Citeh fan with the pen name “Freddie Pye” who runs a couple of cheapskate Citeh websites. He pushed his bullsh@t to a Spanish newspaper El Desmarque, which was then in turn seized upon by the usual clickbait liars at the Mail and Express.

Freddie Pye is mentioned as talking BS on other football fora over the last 2 years. In addition, the mega transfers he predicted to Citeh and Liverpool over the last 2 years never happened.

Top work.

Can you summarize the mega transfers he's predicted? You could use . . .some sort of a chart.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep…..amazing how one attention-seeking **** with about 12 followers is able to perpetuate a stream of ‘news’ which gets swallowed as ‘fact’. Haven’t seen a single ‘respected’ outlet post anything meaningful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep…..amazing how one attention-seeking **** with about 12 followers is able to perpetuate a stream of ‘news’ which gets swallowed as ‘fact’. Haven’t seen a single ‘respected’ outlet post anything meaningful.

There’s no way in the world that Guardiola, Mansour, Soriano and Begiristain leak transfer ideas/moves to a pipsqueak supporter trying to build an internet following (so that he can give up his day job) :lolol:.

They’re under zero pressure from fans, so don’t need to play politics, of giving a continuing sense of squad building.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

So what's his profile name on here then?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

This all started on 25th May when Gerard Romero an editor for The Jijantes FC Twitch channel tweeted a clip of their own reporter asking Cucurella about Man City interest.

Back in February the same twitch channel interviewed him and asked about him returning to Barca.

This whole rumour is a non story from a source which is intent on asking him about joining bigger clubs than us, with no evidence of any real interest from those clubs.

As soon as he answers they get the quote that gives the rumour substance, and a clip they then use as clickbait.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This all started on 25th May when Gerard Romero an editor for The Jijantes FC Twitch channel tweeted a clip of their own reporter asking Cucurella about Man City interest.

Back in February the same twitch channel interviewed him and asked about him returning to Barca.

This whole rumour is a non story from a source which is intent on asking him about joining bigger clubs than us, with no evidence of any real interest from those clubs.

As soon as he answers they get the quote that gives the rumour substance, and a clip they then use as clickbait.

Daily Mail were running stories a week before that

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

That's how I see it. A journalist has tried to create a story by asking a question that Marc will inevitably answer in the way he did. If you ask a footballer “would you like to one day play for a massive club that wins loads of trophies?” they’re unlikely to say no. On the back of this loads of click bait news stories have popped up. There’s every chance City are looking at him, along with half the league, why wouldn’t they be? He’s just had a superb season. But there’s also an equal chance that absolutely nothing is happening regarding a transfer to City and we have no intention of selling. He MAY leave in this window, but so might any player playing for any club.

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Twitter now has loads of “journalists” saying we’ve put a £50m price tag on him. What nonsense, absolutely no chance has Tony named a specific price, we know from the BW deal that’s not how he does it. But at least the guess of the fee is becoming more realistic, earlier in the week some articles were still saying we’d let him go for £25-35m :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Twitter now has loads of “journalists” saying we’ve put a £50m price tag on him. What nonsense, absolutely no chance has Tony named a specific price, we know from the BW deal that’s not how he does it. But at least the guess of the fee is becoming more realistic, earlier in the week some articles were still saying we’d let him go for £25-35m :D

One suggested we'd be happy with 17.5 million a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I could probably be bought for quiet a lot less than that, so I will probably bung a load back to the club to buy a new left back.It is going to cause a lot of problems for fans who are not season ticket holders. Have the Many City money folk got some sort of a sliding scale to bribe all of them as well? How much would you say for a Brighton fan, living in Manchester, who only ever turns up here to slag the team off? More or less than £2.50?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:lolol:

That sounds suspiciously like his old Transfermrkt valuation based on what we paid for the release clause.

The "research" some of these people do is truly incredible :facepalm:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Absolutely. Ben White's agent went on record as saying that Tony Bloom wouldn't give them a figure which made it hard for Arsenal to negotiate with us. So I doubt very much as if he's going to change his tact with Marc Cucurella. If City want him, they'll keep making increasing bids until Tony says yes, but it'll have to be a big one.
I think we are planning on that though based on us 'monitoring Sergio Gomez' although that could all be made up.
Let's hope City have other priorities.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely. Ben White's agent went on record as saying that Tony Bloom wouldn't give them a figure which made it hard for Arsenal to negotiate with us. So I doubt very much as if he's going to change his tact with Marc Cucurella. If City want him, they'll keep making increasing bids until Tony says yes, but it'll have to be a big one.
I think we are planning on that though based on us 'monitoring Sergio Gomez' although that could all be made up.
Let's hope City have other priorities.

This is how I see it. Tony won’t even enter into a discussion until the money is completely silly, by which time City will be looking elsewhere

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don’t know if any NSC users have a significant social-media presence - I know [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] has around 8000 followers - but it wouldn’ttake more than one tweet, retrweeted by enough of us, saying that City had offered 65m for that to proliferate and become the accepted state of this so-far-non-existent transfer.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is how I see it. Tony won’t even enter into a discussion until the money is completely silly, by which time City will be looking elsewhere

That said, he has only a year left on his contract.

Anyhow, in Mr Bloom I trust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here