Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Oh well. Could easily have been worse. Good first half undone by some sloppy play. They are in a different league, sadly, and it was always likely to tell in the end. Bring on Saints and let's hope that we can give the Amex something to cheer for a change.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh well can’t win them all, we looked a bit leggy in the second half.

Not a game to linger in the memory.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our lot have basically shat it tonight. No composure under pressure, shocking passing all game, and suicide defending that could have given away at least 2 more goals. Yet again the lack of a decent striker up top resulting in probably City’s back four easiest 90 mins of the season.

6 points out of 9 away to Arsenal, Spurs and Citeh absolves the squad of any criticism tonight. The players have my full support. Bring on Southampton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'shocking'....'pathetic'.......:nono::nono:

Against a team that's worth a gazillion quid and wins or almost wins the league every year and going behind to two deflected goals - whilst missing probably our best two players of late - that knocked the stuffing out of us after a decent first half, I don't agree. Losing 3-0 at home to Burnley was 'pathetic' :shrug:

Perspective......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our lot have basically shat it tonight. No composure under pressure, shocking passing all game, and suicide defending that could have given away at least 2 more goals. Yet again the lack of a decent striker up top resulting in probably City’s back four easiest 90 mins of the season.

ok thanks for that.

Think the female commentator on my stream was happy though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't help but feel City just have a bit of self doubt creeping in. It was a battle for them in Madrid, they couldn't get being ahead against Liverpool twice at home over the line, then were thoroughly outplayed by them in the cup. Liverpool looked bursting with freedom and confidence last night. No matter what City are telling themselves, I think they're feeling it.

Prediction. 3-0. :lolol:

:rolleyes:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
That's very harsh.

It’s not though is it. So predictable. Every season. No chance of us ever getting a surprise result like other bottom half teams have done in recent years including, yes, them lot up the road.

Still, least we can just play the same recorded post match interview as always when we go there. “We’re learning…”

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Losing an away game 3-0 to a club whose only realistic target for the season is the PL title is of little surprise. I, for one, am pretty proud of what our players have done in the last couple of weeks. The glass is half full.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Decent first half completely undone by a shocking second half. We gifted them 3 goals, each one our own doing. Pathetic.

Agree on the goals, whether they took deflections or not we put ourselves in those positions to concede.

First goal, a foul should’ve been made and took one for the team. Second goal, we had the chance to move forward and some how resulted in giving them a corner which they score from. Third goal, faffing around completely and a half hearted clearance straight to them.

Easy to pick apart but frustrating to see.

Other than that, I was impressed with the first 45 minutes. Caicedo is an absolute gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It may be perspective, but it riles me when we make a 'big six' side look better than they were on the night. Unforced errors caused us all the problems we encountered. Thank imaginary god they won't win the league with that form

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s not though is it. So predictable. Every season. No chance of us ever getting a surprise result like other bottom half teams have done in recent years including, yes, them lot up the road.

We've come some way when successive away wins against Arsenal & Spurs are deemed 'service as normal' rather than 'bit of a surprise'. Glad you think that way!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Still, least we can just play the same recorded post match interview as always when we go there. “We’re learning…”

Or against that …

Away
Liverpool a creditable 2/2 draw
Chelsea a creditable 1/1 draw
Tottenham 1/0 victory
Arsenal 2/1 victory

We r useless I tell ya ..useless

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yes it is predictable, its possibly the best team in the world. And you obviously fully expect Brighton to go and beat them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Decent first half completely undone by a shocking second half. We gifted them 3 goals, each one our own doing. Pathetic.

I'm not sure we gifted them 3 goals. The first two were pretty lucky on their part, given the deflections. Their third was just a good goal.

I do agree though that our second half performance wasn't very good, whilst out first half wasn't too bad.

Free hit tonight for us. Plenty of postives against a team with an embarrassment of riches. The biggest being the excellent performance by Caicedo once again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here