Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Couldn't watch or listen but checked in at the 20 min mark and seemed to be doing okay. Fast forward two hours and not good. From what I'm reading on Twitter, Caicedo had a good game?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes and the City win doesnt count because they had a player sent off and so on... submissive masochists with misantropic leanings will always find a way of belittling Brightons achievements so that they are able to identify with the club.

FFS, shut up or **** off will you.

Nauseating ****

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And if you'd read what I wrote, I said the first half was decent. But if you think that second half performance was down to city being good then you're mistaken, each of those goals was down to our fannying about at the back or trying to be clever. We orchestrated that defeat.

I was there and we did put in a spirited performance and good tactics from Potter again to keep em frustrated for nearly an hour but the idea that City didn’t completely outplay us is a bit fanciful. They were excellent. Easily deserved their win. In the end.
We had 1 attempt on goal !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Couldn't watch or listen but checked in at the 20 min mark and seemed to be doing okay. Fast forward two hours and not good. From what I'm reading on Twitter, Caicedo had a good game?

Caicedo was magnificent and put in the tackle of the season in first half in front of the away fans. Faded a bit second half and was subbed but until then was everywhere . What a prospect.
Sarmiento also looked bright in his 15 min cameo.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gutted for us and for Liverpool fans, really thought we could have done them a favour in their quest for history. 3-0 flatters them although it is hard to argue on the balance of play we really deserved a point.

Not like a :fishing: like you to post something that isn't clickbait ...................

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stop spoiling for a fight. You’re widening to other recent away results which of course have been superb. I’m talking about our lack of luck and usual empty handed effort at City over the past 5 seasons. Be nice to Nick a point or even all three like some of our rivals have managed over that time. So frustrating but guess we’ll have to wait until next time and hope for fewer deflections.

Edited….CBA

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
That City team is frightening. Proud of all our boys tonight. Fantastic work rate from Solly.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That's very harsh.

And that's very kind. His post was one of the stupidest I have ever read on here. Utterly delusional about our and City's places in the food chain.

Man City have won by three goals, or more, 17 times this season, 13 times last season, and 22 times in 2019/20. Every team that has been in the division for more than one season since 2018/19 has lost to City by three or more goals at least once during that time. Of the current EPL teams It hasn't yet happened only to Brentford. I stress the yet as they have only played them twice, losing them both without scoring. City have a team of the world's best players, and they are coached by the most successful manager of this millenium. We held them for nearly an hour before De Bruyne did what De Bruyne does and Mahrez got a bit of luck. From there it would have been an uphill battle for any team in the world. They are absolutely relentless and they force errors from the best of players.

I can understand that the comment was in the heat of the moment, angry at hopes being shattered, but his post was an insult to the players and read like a screeching toddler lying on the floor of Harrods kicking his legs in a tantrum because his mum can't afford to buy him all the presents that the kid of an oil sheikh has been given.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Caicedo was magnificent and put in the tackle of the season in first half in front of the away fans. Faded a bit second half and was subbed but until then was everywhere . What a prospect.
Sarmiento also looked bright in his 15 min cameo.

:thumbsup:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And that's very kind. His post was one of the stupidest I have ever read on here. Utterly delusional about our and City's places in the food chain.

Man City have won by three goals, or more, 17 times this season, 13 times last season, and 22 times in 2019/20. Every team that has been in the division for more than one season since 2018/19 has lost to City by three or more goals at least once during that time. Of the current EPL teams It hasn't yet happened only to Brentford. I stress the yet as they have only played them twice, losing them both without scoring. City have a team of the world's best players, and they are coached by the most successful manager of this millenium. We held them for nearly an hour before De Bruyne did what De Bruyne does and Mahrez got a bit of luck. From there it would have been an uphill battle for any team in the world. They are absolutely relentless and they force errors from the best of players.

I can understand that the comment was in the heat of the moment, angry at hopes being shattered, but his post was an insult to the players and read like a screeching toddler lying on the floor of Harrods kicking his legs in a tantrum because his mum can't afford to buy him all the presents that the kid of an oil sheikh has been given.

Yes, but that doesn't deflect from our performance being shoddy, shocking and totally unacceptable, shirley? We are entitled, are we not?

(and to think I used to think it was only other clubs that had over-entitled fans)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
That City team is frightening. Proud of all our boys tonight. Fantastic work rate from Solly.

Find Citeh really boring actually because of their machine like certainty. In the same way I’m not into arm wrestling sick children either. Sports washing ain’t my cuppa tea. All feels a bit Lance Armstrong but seems millions like “winners” (at any cost) so who am I to say?!

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021

:clap::clap: calm down dear. The facts are, regardless of team position, and a decent backs against the wall first 45 that the teams passing was shocking all night, they lacked composure under pressure, and if City had capitalised on a catalogue of our errors the score would have been 5+. Don’t get so emotional about it, it’s just a fact. Facts on the game tonight. Not the last one, or the one before. Which were both excellent btw.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:clap::clap: calm down dear. The facts are, regardless of team position, and a decent backs against the wall first 45 that the teams passing was shocking all night, they lacked composure under pressure, and if City had capitalised on a catalogue of our errors the score would have been 5+. Don’t get so emotional about it, it’s just a fact. Facts on the game tonight. Not the last one, or the one before. Which were both excellent btw.

No, regardless of the fact that the better team won, still bollocks. It still took a couple of lucky deflections for them to get over the line. To use words like shocking to describe our performance is a bit like saying Putin's invasion of Ukraine is probably a sightly iffy decision, he means well but shouldn't really have done it.

We lost to a BETTER TEAM (possibly the second best team in the world jusr now). Shocking doesn't come into it!

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just woke up and checked the stats.
1 shot on target and 1 off target all game, no Trossard.
We didn't go there to win.
Will watch the highlights and not the full replay.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I wonder why you would attempt a pretence of my post's being emotional when there was nothing in it to suggest that it was. Did you make the same mistake that David Cameron did when he attempted to use the same phrase to belittle Angela Eagle's argument in the Commons? It didn't work for him because it made it obvious that he had little response to her reasoning, so had resorted to tone policing ad hominem.

In this case you would have had more chance of getting away with this tired rhetorical fallacy had you not already ceded the 'level-headed rationalist' high ground by suggesting that the players 'shat it', rather than perhaps 'had an understandably very tough evening under the concerted and deliberate pressure exacted by extremely experienced, well drilled, expert opponents'. If I were to join you in playing the man, not the ball, I might suggest that this is evidence of your lack of composure under pressure.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’m sure there are many posts agreeing and disagreeing. They got two lucky deflections for the first two goals and one decent effort. Just like we got a lucky deflection for the goal against Spurs. You need some luck here and there, and having some of the best players in the world helps. We have a good account of ourselves tonight against a better team. It was always going to be tough, but the score line flattered Man City tonight

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I tuned into the Albion app to listen to JC and Warren. I wish you could choose local commentary on televised games like you can when watching American sport.

We sounded good in the first half, they got a lucky couple fo goals and then a well worked 3rd. Didn't sound like we gave up. Can't grumble really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here