Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Decent first half completely undone by a shocking second half. We gifted them 3 goals, each one our own doing. Pathetic.

Absolute nonsense. We played well especially in the first half against possibly the best and richest side in the world who played well at home and ran us ragged in the second half.

What on earth do some on here expect?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Or against that …

Away
Liverpool a creditable 2/2 draw
Chelsea a creditable 1/1 draw
Tottenham 1/0 victory
Arsenal 2/1 victory

We r useless I tell ya ..useless

We’re definitely not useless! But was Just talking about City away and over the last five seasons. So annoying, hardly a goal scored never mind nicking a point or even 3 once over all that time. Be nice to do like Palace have but we never seem to get any luck there. Frustrating.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s not though is it. So predictable. Every season. No chance of us ever getting a surprise result like other bottom half teams have done in recent years including, yes, them lot up the road.

Still, least we can just play the same recorded post match interview as always when we go there. “We’re learning…”
Excuse me. Have the football results - or at least Brighton's - for the last week and a half not reached whatever outpost of the world you inhabit yet?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Didn't we beat Liverpool (A) and City (H) last season too ??

Stay on target. We played Citeh away tonight and we’re talking about Citeh away results. Otherwise might be tempted to throw in our friendly against Real Madrid but that’s not relevant either!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s not though is it. So predictable. Every season. No chance of us ever getting a surprise result like other bottom half teams have done in recent years including, yes, them lot up the road.

Still, least we can just play the same recorded post match interview as always when we go there. “We’re learning…”

Eh? We've clocked up a healthy number of surprise results against the top teams over the last few seasons, including City last season (albeit them already being champs)

Not happened at the Etihad yet, but give the lads a rest ffs - we produced a stunning performance to come back and draw at Anfield earlier in the season (could've won it, too), and tonight literally came off the back of 2 away wins at arsenal and spurs (neither of which were jammy or backs to the wall, either)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Excuse me. Have the football results - or at least Brighton's - for the last week and a half not reached whatever outpost of the world you inhabit yet?

Stay on target. See other posts.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Well I enjoyed the first 50 odd minutes of watching our defensive shape, even if it was essentially parking the bus with a bit of style, it was impressive.

Looked a bit knackered last half hour, hopefully the extra day recovery before Southampton gets us over the line.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Absolute nonsense. We played well especially in the first half against possibly the best and richest side in the world who played well at home and ran us ragged in the second half.

Some people are just shite at losing gracefully and turns into 100% emotions and 0% reason whenever the team loses, regardless of oppositon.

'shocking'....'pathetic'.......:nono::nono:

Against a team that's worth a gazillion quid and wins or almost wins the league every year and going behind to two deflected goals - whilst missing probably our best two players of late - that knocked the stuffing out of us after a decent first half, I don't agree. Losing 3-0 at home to Burnley was 'pathetic' :shrug:

Perspective......

Hit nail on head

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Should have been 2 nil down at half time due to the usual suspects brain farts, but played superbly and deserved to go in evens

Extremely disappointing second half. . . . Kind of expected to get punished, a bit, and they got lucky, twice with deflections, but we didn't try anything to push back. Bringing on Maupay was like letting a puppy out first time off the lead.

None of it really matters as we're 'safe'

Having said that . . .we're 2 best players down, but It doesn't bode well for Sunday

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

And if you'd read what I wrote, I said the first half was decent. But if you think that second half performance was down to city being good then you're mistaken, each of those goals was down to our fannying about at the back or trying to be clever. We orchestrated that defeat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well I enjoyed the first 50 odd minutes of watching our defensive shape, even if it was essentially parking the bus with a bit of style, it was impressive.

Looked a bit knackered last half hour, hopefully the extra day recovery before Southampton gets us over the line.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Plus Saints are away at delightful Burnley tomorrow evening

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Eh? We've clocked up a healthy number of surprise results against the top teams over the last few seasons, including City last season (albeit them already being champs)

Not happened at the Etihad yet, but give the lads a rest ffs - we produced a stunning performance to come back and draw at Anfield earlier in the season (could've won it, too), and tonight literally came off the back of 2 away wins at arsenal and spurs (neither of which were jammy or backs to the wall, either)

Stay on target. See other posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here