Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A fortnight ago people were saying we would get nothing out of 3 tough away games, we got 6 points from those 3 through monumental effort. Tonight we came unstuck but we are way in credit across the 3 games. We move on to the next one

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Actually I thought we got more positive and aggressive in the 2nd half after a strong first half performance. Unfortunately that was our undoing.

Still think they were luckier than they had right to be.

A fortnight ago people were saying we would get nothing out of 3 tough away games, we got 6 points from those 3 through monumental effort. Tonight we came unstuck but we are way in credit across the 3 games. We move on to the next one

Exactly! Let's get back home and turn saints over to get this record points haul in top division

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Some people are just shite at losing gracefully and turns into 100% emotions and 0% reason whenever the team loses, regardless of oppositon.

Some people expect a performance, regardless of opposition, and that second half we didn't turn up.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
That's YOUR target - most of us can see the wider picture.

Stop spoiling for a fight. You’re widening to other recent away results which of course have been superb. I’m talking about our lack of luck and usual empty handed effort at City over the past 5 seasons. Be nice to Nick a point or even all three like some of our rivals have managed over that time. So frustrating but guess we’ll have to wait until next time and hope for fewer deflections.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Stay on target. See other posts.

OK, just saw your other post. I get that it's not happened at the Etihad yet, but personally im not going to lose any sleep over it: At Anfield it has happened; draw and a win last 2 games there. Not many clubs that finish around us (if any?) can claim that

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s not though is it. So predictable. Every season. No chance of us ever getting a surprise result like other bottom half teams have done in recent years including, yes, them lot up the road.

Still, least we can just play the same recorded post match interview as always when we go there. “We’re learning…”

You certainly are.:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:rant:You cannot concede two deflected goals away from home against teams like City and expect to get anything from the game. I am getting pissed off with conceding deflected goals, they keep going in against us and they never go for us when we are attacking :rant:

Unlucky lads, that was a spirited performance, proud of you :thumbsup:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
:rant:You cannot concede two deflected goals away from home against teams like City and expect to get anything from the game. I am getting pissed off with conceding deflected goals, they keep going in against us and they never go for us when we are attacking :rant:

Unlucky lads, that was a spirited performance, proud of you [emoji106]
I feel like we've conceded about 8 deflections this season.

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yes, but that was only because they were rubbish and didn't turn up on the night - do keep up!

In fairness, we beat Liverpool and it was the best result in our history…then everyone else that played Liverpool also beat them for the next six games to kind of take the shine off things a bit. Didn’t Liverpool record their worst run of form since the Titantic sank or something?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Silver lining, up to 5pts in the score predictor.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted for us and for Liverpool fans, really thought we could have done them a favour in their quest for history. 3-0 flatters them although it is hard to argue on the balance of play we really deserved a point.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In fairness, we beat Liverpool and it was the best result in our history…then everyone else that played Liverpool also beat them for the next six games to kind of take the shine off things a bit. Didn’t Liverpool record their worst run of form since the Titantic sank or something?

Yes and the City win doesnt count because they had a player sent off and so on... submissive masochists with misantropic leanings will always find a way of belittling Brightons achievements so that they are able to identify with the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here