Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd v Chelsea

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Just like to add my 2 cents on Jamie Carragher.

Surely this guy is the most overrated player of all time? I can't believe how blind people are to his clearly average ability. He can tackle and head the ball, but it pretty much ends there. His distribution and skills with the ball are equivalent to a Sunday league footballer.

Every time I see him up against a top striker like Drogba, he looks so painfully out of his depth. Constantly getting turned inside and out.

Compared to truly world class defenders like Ferdinand and Maldini, he looks truly average. It's amazing how people are so easily fooled by a gutsy bruising centre back.

He should never have even been near the England squad the racist little turd.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Richard Keys "This is the one we've all been waiting for this weekend"

:clap2:

Lets get the action started!

:yahoo:

Pity poor me who has just decided to give the dog a shampoo to get rid of his fleas.

I feel cheated in life somehow at missing such a huge match

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pity poor me who has just decided to give the dog a shampoo to get rid of his fleas.

I feel cheated in life somehow at missing such a huge match

And there's me, cant get it on t'internet anywhere.

Ah, found it, trouble is it is 1am here, need to go to bed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just like to add my 2 cents on Jamie Carragher.

Surely this guy is the most overrated player of all time? I can't believe how blind people are to his clearly average ability. He can tackle and head the ball, but it pretty much ends there. His distribution and skills with the ball are equivalent to a Sunday league footballer.

Every time I see him up against a top striker like Drogba, he looks so painfully out of his depth. Constantly getting turned inside and out.

Compared to truly world class defenders like Ferdinand and Maldini, he looks truly average. It's amazing how people are so easily fooled by a gutsy bruising centre back.

He should never have even been near the England squad the racist little turd.

I totally agree with your comments about people being fooled by being gutsy and bruising. Blood and thunder, graft, putting your head in where it hurts and being an honest footballer (whatever this means but managers always trot it out) etc are often seen as better qualities than talent, skill and guile in England.

John Terry is a prime example.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
You lot need to see beyond the good football and realise that these two teams, the Premier League and Sky our killing our game; it's so blindingly obvious. It's embarrassing that fellow Brighton fans could take an interest in this game. Just remember, your watching teams from a league on a TV channel that is destroying our, and several other lower league sides chance of not only never reaching the top flight, but making us struggle further in the situation we're already in as we have to spend beyond our means. Truly embarrassing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You lot need to see beyond the good football and realise that these two teams, the Premier League and Sky our killing our game; it's so blindingly obvious. It's embarrassing that fellow Brighton fans could take an interest in this game. Just remember, your watching teams from a league on a TV channel that is destroying our, and several other lower league sides chance of not only never reaching the top flight, but making us struggle further in the situation we're already in as we have to spend beyond our means. Truly embarrassing.

I'm not watching the game. I only tend to bother with the Premiership at the end of the season to see if my predictions have come true.

If you're wondering what my prediction is .....top 4 will consist of Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool and 2 out of the 3 who went up will go back down again. I make the same prediction every year.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Hull
Reading
Watford
Stoke
Crystal Palace

There you go, PROOF you're wrong. The reason we're shit is because we don't have a ground, not because of the premier league. When we have a ground we're as big as those clubs, and they have all spent time in the premier league in the last three or four years.

it's not really that simple. There are some clubs with massive stadiums and are, frankly, shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hull
Reading
Watford
Stoke
Crystal Palace

There you go, PROOF you're wrong. The reason we're shit is because we don't have a ground, not because of the premier league. When we have a ground we're as big as those clubs, and they have all spent time in the premier league in the last three or four years.

How do you measure 'big?'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it's not really that simple. There are some clubs with massive stadiums and are, frankly, shit.

Dartlington and Huddesfield spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here