Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd v Chelsea

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Liverpools rivalry with Chelsea? what? Liverpool would have a rivalry with a paving slab if it showed them as being oh so passionate about their club. Most fans at Anfield these days are from Cornwall, London, Ireland, pretty much anywhere but Liverpool, so any rivalry they want to talk about is a plastic as their seats. At least there are some Mnachester folk who go to watch United, as there are a few London folk who go to watch Chel$ea. But as for Liverpool striking up a new rivalry, what next, a rivalry against Havant & Waterloovillle cos they were nearly better than them too? Scouse wankers.

Hmm, having lived in Manchester for 29 years, and worked in Liverpool for 15 years, I have to say that that is complete bollocks.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
In regard to Carragher turning his back on England, I agree, it was the wrong thing to do. However, I would feel a little bit pissed off in Carragher's position, having Wes Brown picked over you. Maybe he thought that being 6th choice or whatever it was was not worth bothering with and retiring would spare him the emotional heartache of being left out of the team again and again. Having said that, I still feel he should have kept faith in himself and carried on. It's such a shame Carragher doesn't have more pace, if he did he would be an even better player than he is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pace isn't everything, he is a fantastic reader of the game. On a much smaller scale, that's why Butters was still playing for us late into his 30s. Either way, he still should have been picked over Wes Brown.

I'm a huge fan of Guy Butters, but I think that Wes Brown would have sneaked a place over him this season to be honest, but only when Hawkins is injured of course.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you kidding, you saying Liverpool have more 'plastic fans' than Manure?

Was he given a chance?

Hmm, having lived in Manchester for 29 years, and worked in Liverpool for 15 years, I have to say that that is complete bollocks.

I know whay you think, but a while back I was at Anfield for a game, Alan Hansen was on the pitch at half time reading out the names of season ticket holders who were winners of some competition for hospitality passes, he read out the name, followed by the winners hometown, I kid you not, he read out at least 20 names, the closest of whom came from somewhere like Norwich, he even commented, "is there anyone who has won who comes from Liverpool?"

I remember a few years back driving to the Albion v Carlisle game [Superpfan] when we pased 4 (four) coaches badged "Cornwall Liverpool Supporters Club" on their way up to Anfield. I am pretty certain that Liverpool have a huge share of non local fans.

I also understand that 2 planes are chartered for every home match from Ireland, full of STH from there.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for supporting your local team, but I sometimes think that Man U get a lot of over the top stick about their fan base, when there are other clubs who also garner a lot of support from afar.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know whay you think, but a while back I was at Anfield for a game, Alan Hansen was on the pitch at half time reading out the names of season ticket holders who were winners of some competition for hospitality passes, he read out the name, followed by the winners hometown, I kid you not, he read out at least 20 names, the closest of whom came from somewhere like Norwich, he even commented, "is there anyone who has won who comes from Liverpool?"

I remember a few years back driving to the Albion v Carlisle game [Superpfan] when we pased 4 (four) coaches badged "Cornwall Liverpool Supporters Club" on their way up to Anfield. I am pretty certain that Liverpool have a huge share of non local fans.

I also understand that 2 planes are chartered for every home match from Ireland, full of STH from there.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for supporting your local team, but I sometimes think that Man U get a lot of over the top stick about their fan base, when there are other clubs who also garner a lot of support from afar.

I'm not denying that, and when the Bindippers are playing at home a lot of hotels are full of Scandinavian fans on the Saturday night who fly over to watch the match, but the same is true, to a greater extent, at United....IMO.

I play for Trafford cricket club, and we hire out our car park at home matches............and it's like having the cast of Eastenders turn up when we do that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bindippers

:clap2::D LMFAO, I love that term!!!

Oh, and you know what, I am not entirely sure Manu are worse 'offenders' than Liverpool, I may be wrong, but unless you know, I am not totally certain. I seem to recall Manu published some pretty impressive stats re the demographics of their STH, something like 60% are in the Greater Manchester area, that is more than Anfield holds. I know that means many come from outside Manchester, but impressive all the same.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Richard Keys "This is the one we've all been waiting for this weekend"

:clap2:

Lets get the action started!

:yahoo:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Why are United leaving three central midfielders on the bench that are all better than the two they're starting with?

I thought the same, but who are we to argue with Sir Alex??

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here