Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd v Chelsea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fulham, Charlton, Middlesbrough, Bolton....

Why are we, with Falmer, any different to those clubs?

I'm not challenging you about where Brighton are in the pecking order. All I said was the vast majority of promoted teams do not stay in the Prem very long.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
No, what you said was "never reaching the top flight." Go back and check it if you want. I quoted it earlier. And as I've just said, if all those clubs can REACH it (you said nothing about staying there) then so can we. Quite easily.

Currently the premier league boasts Bolton, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Hull, Stoke, and Fulham. With a ground and with momentum, we have the potential to do what those clubs have, not to mention all the others who have been in the prem and dropped back down. I'm not saying we definitely will do it, but there is no way you can say we'll never do it.

Nothing about making us shit then was it? I also said it's making us struggle more-so in the situation we're in, and will continue to do so for teams who aren’t quite as fortunate as us to have a 22,000 seater stadium waiting around the corner.

Bolton, Middlesbrough, Wigan and Fulham all hit the Premier League at the right time, just as it was getting bigger and starting to isolate itself from everyone else. Since they've been their more and more money has come their way and less has gone towards other leagues thus enabling themselves to ground a position. By the time we get to the Championship and establish ourselves there the gap between the Prem will be bigger and harder to eclipse. Sure you've got your Hull's and your Stoke's but what are they ever going to do there? Even if they do last beyond two seasons.

I think we'll struggle immensely to ever get there. The gap gets bigger every year and eventually you'll just end up with 'yo-yo' teams.

It's not all about us anyway is it? What about other teams who are currently similar in size to us? Unfair on them isn’t it?

Sky and the Premier League are killing our game. The gulf gets bigger every year.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1-0 United, been an absorbing first half and I think they've just shaded it.

As Sir Alex called it, Giggs has been immense.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Wonderfully inventive corner kick, definitely. No matter what you think about Man U, that was a genius corner. Shame on the linesman for flagging up.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's not unfair on anyone. The clubs that can't sustain and support a premier league side will never get one, those that can (like us) will have a chance, however small it is.

I don't buy your "right time to hit the prem" argument at all. I think doing what those teams have done all comes down to toughing out the first couple of years and then moving forward. Those clubs have done it, and so will we my friend.

GOAL UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Justice is done. A large cry of "YES YES YES" breaks out here and I'm out my seat:yahoo:

I'm confused, you called them chokers a few posting back and now you cheering a goal ???

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Can anyone explain why the normal rules regarding 'foul and abusive langauge' do NOT apply to Rooney? It really is the most extraordinary thing.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Can anyone explain why the normal rules regarding 'foul and abusive langauge' do NOT apply to Rooney? It really is the most extraordinary thing.

Because he is a big player at a big club. Doesn't get away with it so much on the international scene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here