Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man United fans in Rome...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Superphil said:
and move the other way in the stand to get away from the missiles, plastic glasses if I'm not mistaken.

Could you chuck a plastic glasss that distance?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The Wookiee said:
So because they have been drinking all day they deserve to be treated in the way they were ?

Football fans drinking ALL DAY in a diffrent country.

Thats not going to be peacefull now is it?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Could you chuck a plastic glasss that distance?

mmm, you may have hit the nail on the head there, "oooh, a few taunts, a plastic cup, f*** me, I'm not going to take this anymore, I'm offended and a bit wet, I'm going to start a f***ing riot".

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Superphil said:
mmm, you may have hit the nail on the head there, "oooh, a few taunts, a plastic cup, f*** me, I'm not going to take this anymore, I'm offended and a bit wet, I'm going to start a f***ing riot".

I was merely saying that there would have been more than plastic cups being thrown.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, sorry, missunderstood you, all I could see on the telly was plastic cups/bottles being thrown, sure they had liquid in them, but I don't think anything else was being thrown in the ground.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Superphil said:
What about the united fans who went charging over to the dividing fence as soon as the goal went in and started smashing against it, why do that? Those individuals showed no restraint, and what happened afterwards could be put down to them.

But isn't it the job of the police to serve and protect? Not beat the living daylights out of people? You might as well hire bouncers.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
ali jenkins said:
Football fans drinking ALL DAY in a diffrent country.

Thats not going to be peacefull now is it?

No you're right! Which is why we can never build a ground at Falmer. There will be be people coming from all over the country possibly even the world who would have been drinking and therefore are a sure bet to cause trouble!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Arthur said:
No you're right! Which is why we can never build a ground at Falmer. There will be be people coming from all over the country possibly even the world who would have been drinking and therefore are a sure bet to cause trouble!

Dear Arthur,

I drank all day when I went to Northampton and did not fight. Is there something wrong with me?

Regards,
Caveman.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I take the point about AC Milan fans behaving differently - there seems to be something about Roma fans and the Roman police that is particularly nasty..

I remember England's 0-0 draw in Rome in 1997 - similar stories about the police and fans there. Then there's the Lazio Ultras and their fascist salutes.

It looked to me as though the Man Utd fans were set up. They get pelted and taunted by the Roma fans, then when they react the police (who are all on their side of the fence) beat the crap out of them. A bit of a freebie violence for the police, something to brag about to their colleagues over a beer at Easter.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Caveman said:
Dear Arthur,

I drank all day when I went to Northampton and did not fight. Is there something wrong with me?

Regards,
Caveman.

Yes, clearly based on the berk above rational.

I too drank all day, didn't have one fight. Therefore I must be bad at this going to football melarky.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Caveman said:
If someone did that to you and your wife in the street would just laugh and walk away? Maybe a bit soft then?

It didn't happen in the street, if they were on the official buses and followed the instructions given, then they made it to the ground safely.

As for it happeneing to me and my wife, well, so far it hasn't. And no, I wouldn't laugh, but I would walk away. Not at all soft, but if there is a crowd of twats giving it large, and just us two, I would be a fool to react, and probably end up getting my head kicked in and my wife possibly hurt.

You make a good point about drinking on match days, there is nothing wrong with you at all. We do it on a regular basis, even too much on occasion, but I have never got in a fight or missunderstood the police instructions, nor have I ended up being beaten with a big stick.

There is something very wrong with the sort of person who gets drunk then behaves like them, and is so f***ing stupid that he isn't aware of the police.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Arthur said:

WTF ??

:lolol: :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
adrian29uk said:
At the end of the day both sets of supporters where wrong.

It was wrong for Man Utd to go taunting Roma supporters and it was wrong for the police to be so heavy handed.

Second to this it was wrong for Roma supporters to start taunting Man Utd supporters.

50/50

But then, when European supporters come over to this country do they act like animals and taunt the home supporters?

No because they respect our country.

Unfortunately English supporters will never ever be able to remove the hooligan association when travelling abroad, this is why the Italian police where on the Man Utd side.

The Man Utd and Roma supporters that did the taunting are pricks of the highest order.

I am just glad the Man Utd supporters where not sent down to play Naples because there the police would have probably just let both sets of fans get on with it.

The reason that the Italians, French, etc. fans don't "taunt" at games in the UK is that they know that the police here are impartial and they would get nicked.

Try travelling to football in Europe and you will see that the OB in places like Italy will back their countrymen no matter how outrageous their behaviour.

If the cops there were meting out the punishment to the Roma fans as the Mancs there would have been no incident to begin with.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Superphil said:
It didn't happen in the street, if they were on the official buses and followed the instructions given, then they made it to the ground safely.

But then that is surely worse as it was happening in the ground, or at least that was what I was talking about (using the wife bit as an example)?

Surely you'd like to think being hit on the head by a bottle full of p*ss inside the ground then being hit over the head whilst trying to help a fellow support who is being repeatedly smashes over the head whilst lying on the ground by the police, is somewhat out of order?

Not all the fans there were innocent, but the police should NOT act that way, full stop, regardless of the provocation, that is not there job.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
It is all out of order, and I would help out a fan if he was being beaten up by the police. But I wouldn't be getting amongst it in the first place, glass of piss or not.

Sadly, as usual, it is a small number of british people who charged the fence, who have contributed to this shameful incident over a few nasty words and a plastic glass or two. Those people, the italians who went against the other side of the fence and the police all have a lot to answer for.

It will be blamed on the brits, and the only way we are going to shake off this reputation is to stop brits going to away matches in europe. Then make the experience when the foreigners come the the UK a great one, and one that they will take back to their countries.

Prove to them that the brits are not hooligans. Perhaps then italy spain holland etc will deal with their domestic problems in the same way they were dealt with in the UK in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here