Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City game for STH

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I'm going to try and put in a reasonable comment here so that bhadeb won't immediately assume that I hate her. Which I don't. So here goes....

If you got your facts right, m'dear, it'd give your comments so much more validity. Prices haven't been doubled for the Man City game - since twice £15 is £30 - and in any case, tickets for the Barnet game were reduced.

Now you have a choice so far as the Man City game is concerned. Make a martyr of yourself, stay at home and get aggrieved on the internet or do the other thing. But if you choose the former, could you make sure you and your "husband" don't let your tickets go to waste?

What i was referring to was the fact the tickets were £10.00 - £15.00 for the barnet and they are now £24.50 - £27.00 to man city - sorry about a couple of pounds but i make that NEARLY double

Oh and i am not your m'dear!!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What i was referring to was the fact the tickets were £10.00 - £15.00 for the barnet and they are now £24.50 - £27.00 to man city - sorry about a couple of pounds but i make that NEARLY double

Meaning tickets for the Barnet game were NEARLY halved.
Was that not a good move by the club then ?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Debs. As pointed out, that is the price people pay week in and week out. Prices are reduced for lesser opposition to attract a crowd. We barely break the 2,000 mark for a JPT or Carling Cup, so it makes sense to reduce. There is going to be a lot of interest in this match and it would be financial suicide to reduce the prices.

I would be angry with the club if they did not make an effort to cash in on the game. It is not as if we have a 'money-spinner' (albeit a small one) every season.

It may well be on Sky, so if you are not happy to pay £24+ then you will be able to watch it from the luxury of your arm chair.

Thank you for posting and the fact you don't agree with my opinion and that you don't hurl abuse - i can see why the club are doing it but the jump just because it is Man City seems harse - thanks again for the POLITE repsonse - thats all i need not being accused of being MENTAL like some say on here - not bad really considering no-one even knows me!!!!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
So you believe the club should have sold reduce price tickets for our biggest draw of the season.

i just don't agree with such a price increase that is all - as a sth i don't pay that much all season - maybe they could have done a better rate for sth - who knows - i don't really give a shit anymore - i would just once like to be able to have an opinion like the rest of here without all this shit that i get - i don't hurl abuse and i should not get it back

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
i just don't agree with such a price increase that is all - as a sth i don't pay that much all season - maybe they could have done a better rate for sth - who knows - i don't really give a shit anymore - i would just once like to be able to have an opinion like the rest of here without all this shit that i get - i don't hurl abuse and i should not get it back

it isn't really an increase is it, just a return to normal prices.

Would u go into Tescos and moan about something that was on special offer last week and isn't anymore ?

We did a deal to attract fans to the Barnet game, so they haven't increased anything at all.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

We welcome your opinion

People are just annoyed that you are being factually incorrect.

The prices for the Man City game are the usual prices. The tickets for the Barnet game were reduced to attract more supporters.

If we get a capacity crowd for the City game but sold the tickets at the Barnet game price (allowing for 1,500 under 21 supporters) we would lose over £70,000 and as you are well aware the club need good gates like this for decent transfers to get us promoted.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thank god for U21 prices:lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
We welcome your opinion

People are just annoyed that you are being factually incorrect.

The prices for the Man City game are the usual prices. The tickets for the Barnet game were reduced to attract more supporters.

If we get a capacity crowd for the City game but sold the tickets at the Barnet game price (allowing for 1,500 under 21 supporters) we would lose over £70,000 and as you are well aware the club need good gates like this for decent transfers to get us promoted.

In fairness we will make jack all out of this game, just the higher price means less of a loss.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As Im a non STH but kept my Barnet ticket stub does this mean I qualify for a reduced price?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Debs, you may feel a bit out on your own here, and I wish you no malice, but you do try some people's patience on here. Listen, the simple TRUTH (remember that little beaut?) is that THE PRICES HAVE NOT BEEN INCREASED.

Barnet prices were halved, which does NOT automatically follow that Manchester City prices be halved. The ticket prices for the Barnet game have absolutely no bearing on the ticket prices for the Manchester City game. Can we get that clear once and for all?

Talk about someone actively going out of their way to look for problems - especially where none exist. Being discusted (sic) with the club for not halving the ticket prices... words fail me.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
It was fairly obvious that the Man City tickets were not going to be cheap. The only reason tickets are reduced is to help fill up the stadium however in this case i would presume there would be no problem however expensive the tickets were.

Can't really expect Brighton to half the prices for this match...

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Just thought everyone would like to know what the away fans are being charged for the game

Brighton - ticket prices and booking info
To book Call 0870 062 1894 option 1*
Come in person to the City of Manchester Stadium Box Office
Tickets not available on the day of the game
Prices £20 Adults
£14.50 Over 65s
£16 under 21's
£13 under 16's

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Just thought everyone would like to know what the away fans are being charged for the game

£20 Adults
£14.50 Over 65s
£16 under 21's
£13 under 16's

thats good, more clubs should do that as they have to spend money on travel/food etc so its showing the clubs support of the travelling fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here