Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malky Mackay told to resign

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just watched the press conference on SSN. Some of these journos do seem to have an over-inflated sense of importance. The guy taking the conference, didn't catch his name, clearly kept saying he would only answer questions about the Liverpool match, but almost every question related to the Mackay situation. One of them even said "this isn't good enough, we have questions and want answers". Well Mr Journo, if it isn't good enough for you, bugger off then. Felt really sorry for the bloke sat in the hot seat.

That's one of the muppets from SSn Gary Cotterill, I think.

Yes, they are trying to find out the story, but when they are told a story is off-limits, they should respect that. I can understand why they do it, but it doesn't make it right and yes, they do subsequently come across as arrogant twits.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cardiff fans are protesting outside the ground. Again. oh Mr Tan what are you doing?

:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's one of the muppets from SSn Gary Cotterill, I think.

Yes, they are trying to find out the story, but when they are told a story is off-limits, they should respect that. .

Really? So, if, say, a dodgy businessman buys a club for £56.25 and changes the articles of association but says he doesn't want to talk about it, the local press should abide by that and let him do what he wants?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You know what, I hadn't thought of that at all but I wouldn't mind betting you've got a decent chance of being right.

There is no way any EPL manager will leave their current job to go to Cardiff, so it's got to be someone in the Championship. There aren't too many in this division who fall into the "household name" category, but Harry is definitely one.

Hilarious wouldn't even begin to cover it!

The Wally with the Brolly?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This Tan guy is an utter loon. Very worrying times for Cardiff fans. Its one thing changing the shirt colours but replacing head of recruitment with a 23 year old lad on work experience who IS A FRIEND OF HIS SON. Utterly laughable. They kid cant even get a work permit now. Then getting upset because theyve overspent by 15 million (welcome to the world of football club ownership) So sack the manager who got you promoted and is doing pretty well so far in the premier anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can Cardiff, Sunderland and one other ( Hull ?) conspire to keep Palace up ???

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Latest news is Cardiff players are at the airport for flight to Liverpool, and there is no sign of Malky

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rumours are that Cardiff are trying to prise Neil Lennon away from Celtic as a replacement. I'd get on LARGE now and make your Xmas.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
modern day football ruining young managers. cue a foreign manager taking over by next week

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The way that Malasian Knob has/is treating Malky, would any currently employed manager give up their existing job and work for him?
The only candidates are those currently unemployed or foreign, who have no idea of English football or Vincent Tam

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The way that Malasian Knob has/is treating Malky, would any currently employed manager give up their existing job and work for him?
The only candidates are those currently unemployed or foreign, who have no idea of English football or Vincent Tam

Cardiff is in England? Why do they all talk funny then?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really? So, if, say, a dodgy businessman buys a club for £56.25 and changes the articles of association but says he doesn't want to talk about it, the local press should abide by that and let him do what he wants?

Bit of a different situation, but I see where you're coming from. Referring to your example, I think the press would be better off talking to the 'dodgy businessman'.

If an assistant manager was in a press conference to answer questions about a game of football tomorrow, he should not be subjected to a barrage questions, and bullying from the press, about a matter which he probably doesn't know enough about to comment on with any authority. Even if he did, why would he tell the press about it. The press guys know the score - I think they smelled fresh meat and went after him, expecting him to trip up. Appalling behaviour, if you ask me.

Having been told that they were only going to answer questions about the game, to carry on down the same line of questioning is just rudeness and unprofessional. The story (will he resign, or will he get sacked; a little different from Archer taking over a club, selling the ground and leaving said club homeless) is going to come out one way or another soon enough - why hassle the guy that is not directly involved in it?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
half expecting the new guy to be the manager of Bandung FC or somesuch so that Tan can ensure total control

Quite. Although Bandung is in Indonesia and Tan is Malaysian, but anyway :lolol: Tan is really high up in the ruling party echelons in Malaysia, a very successful, ruthless, corrupt businessman and politico. And he's being made to look a fool here in Britain. This story has legs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here