Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malky Mackay told to resign

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is the trouble with having despotic foreign owners who know sod all about the sport and it's history.
Sadly it is part of the change if football moving from a sport to big business
When due diligence is done perhaps there should be phsycological profiling done to see if they have a power complex.

This with Christmas bells on it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolutely disgusting, but that's football

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I sincerely hope that he stays - not just because i quite like him as a manager but also to ensure that Tan has to pay him off to get rid of him.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
This saga has got the potential to be the biggest pantomime this season. Probably not to the degree of the Stan Flashman/Barry Fry spats back in the 80's, but I can see plenty of milage in this one especially if Mackay digs his heels in.

Stating the obvious and no doubt already said, but Tan is a shining example of everything that is wrong with modern day English Football. The locals have begrudgingly tolerated Tan, despite his rantings and changing the shirts as they have been on a roll of success in recent years. If Mackay goes and form plummets, it will be open season on Tan by the locals, especially if Tan appoints a 'comedy' manager. He's clearly a vindictive piece of work and it could well get messy over the coming months.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I sincerely hope that he stays - not just because i quite like him as a manager but also to ensure that Tan has to pay him off to get rid of him.

Agreed, I have little or no interest in Cardiff but I think he has done as good a job as possible with the money he has to spend on players. To actually order your manager to resign is hilarious, he should stay and get his contract paid off just to spite him.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just watched the press conference on SSN. Some of these journos do seem to have an over-inflated sense of importance. The guy taking the conference, didn't catch his name, clearly kept saying he would only answer questions about the Liverpool match, but almost every question related to the Mackay situation. One of them even said "this isn't good enough, we have questions and want answers". Well Mr Journo, if it isn't good enough for you, bugger off then. Felt really sorry for the bloke sat in the hot seat.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just watched the press conference on SSN. Some of these journos do seem to have an over-inflated sense of importance. The guy taking the conference, didn't catch his name, clearly kept saying he would only answer questions about the Liverpool match, but almost every question related to the Mackay situation. One of them even said "this isn't good enough, we have questions and want answers". Well Mr Journo, if it isn't good enough for you, bugger off then. Felt really sorry for the bloke sat in the hot seat.

I disagree - the press are free to ask any question they like. The only real story around Cardiff is the McKay / Tan situation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
half expecting the new guy to be the manager of Bandung FC or somesuch so that Tan can ensure total control

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
in 5 years time most owners of clubs will pick the team and buy players like a big ego-toy, and employ handcuffed coaches to do 'boring' training work.......then probably phone from their yacht to make subs.

something needs to be done about this trajectory.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I disagree - the press are free to ask any question they like. The only real story around Cardiff is the McKay / Tan situation.

I agree they are free to ask any questions they want, but their it's their attitude that annoys me. It's almost as if some journo's think they actually have a right to answers. When the guy repeatedly says he is not going to answer questions about Mackay, but they keep going on and on and on about it, it just gets my goat, especially with comments like "this isn't good enough" - who does the guy that said that think he is?

The guy taking the conference, didn't catch his name...
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/team/Management/

David Kerslake
Assistant Manager

Stepney born David began his professional playing career with Queen's Park Rangers in 1984, having progressed through the youth ranks at Loftus Road.

He moved to Swindon Town in 1983, prior to a move to Leeds United in 1993 who, at the time, were the reigning Champions of England. David stayed at Elland Road for just six months though, returning to London and Tottenham Hotspur in September of that year. He spent four years at White Hart Line, prior to a return loan move to Swindon and then Charlton Athletic. In August 1997 he moved to Ipswich Town, prior to a loan move at Wycombe Wanderers. He returned to Swindon for a second time in March 1998 before retiring from the playing side of the game the following year.

David's first steps into coaching came about when he was appointed Academy Manager at Tottenham and then Reserve team manager at Northampton Town. Though it was a move to Nottingham Forest in 2006 to work as Assistant Manager to his friend and former Spurs colleague Colin Calderwood that gave David grounding in first-team coaching. He moved to Watford in 2009 where he worked as first-team coach under Malky Mackay, leaving Vicarage Road for the Bluebirds following Mackay's appointment in the summer of 2011.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
in 5 years time most owners of clubs will pick the team and buy players like a big ego-toy, and employ handcuffed coaches to do 'boring' training work.......then probably phone from their yacht to make subs.

something needs to be done about this trajectory.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Journalist in trying to find out truth behind interesting story shocker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here