Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malky Mackay told to resign

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I agree they are free to ask any questions they want, but their it's their attitude that annoys me. It's almost as if some journo's think they actually have a right to answers. When the guy repeatedly says he is not going to answer questions about Mackay, but they keep going on and on and on about it, it just gets my goat, especially with comments like "this isn't good enough" - who does the guy that said that think he is?

I agree. Whilst i understand that the journos have a job to do and want the exclusive news from the horse's mouth, there's a complete lack of respect - if the interviewee says he isn't going to speak about something, then the journos should shut up and deal with it - it's their job to report the stories, so they can do with the info they've been given. It's not up to the interviewee to give them what they want to hear.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I agree. Whilst i understand that the journos have a job to do and want the exclusive news from the horse's mouth, there's a complete lack of respect - if the interviewee says he isn't going to speak about something, then the journos should shut up and deal with it - it's their job to report the stories, so they can do with the info they've been given. It's not up to the interviewee to give them what they want to hear.

I think the journos would say that the clubs need them as much as they need the clubs - and that the fans deserve to be told what is going on... and this sort of shambles is not helping any of them.

Then again, they might just be arrogant, self-important tossers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From the BBC: Cardiff owner Vincent Tan will decide in the coming hours whether to sack boss Malky Mackay before or after Saturday's league match at Liverpool.

Tan is flying to the United Kingdom having told Mackay to resign or face being dismissed - and Mackay has repeatedly said he will not walk away.

Chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate to succeed the 41-year-old and Tan's permission to strike a deal.

The target is understood to be a household name at another British club.

I'd love to know who the intended new manager is. Surely nobody in a decent job or with impressive credentials will touch Cardiff.

PLEASE let it be Harry Redknapp. :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You know what, I hadn't thought of that at all but I wouldn't mind betting you've got a decent chance of being right.

There is no way any EPL manager will leave their current job to go to Cardiff, so it's got to be someone in the Championship. There aren't too many in this division who fall into the "household name" category, but Harry is definitely one.

Hilarious wouldn't even begin to cover it!

If mr tan gets upset about people talking about spending money, would he like 'arry?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
PLEASE let it be Harry Redknapp. :lolol:

My thoughts exactly, that would be HILARIOUS. He'll surely keep the Kuala Lumpur Dragons in the Premier League.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You know what, I hadn't thought of that at all but I wouldn't mind betting you've got a decent chance of being right.

There is no way any EPL manager will leave their current job to go to Cardiff, so it's got to be someone in the Championship. There aren't too many in this division who fall into the "household name" category, but Harry is definitely one.

Hilarious wouldn't even begin to cover it!

I'd LOVE this to be right, but not so sure.

You are right that no Prem manager in their right mind WOULD leave for Cardiff, but that doesn't mean that the Cardiff suits don't THINK that they would. You're ignoring the fact that these chaps are utter MENTALISTS. They probably think they've got WENGER lined up.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This is the trouble with having despotic foreign owners who know sod all about the sport and it's history.
Sadly it is part of the change in football moving from a sport to big business
When due diligence is done perhaps there should be phsycological profiling done to see if they have a power complex.

I can remember a few despotic BRITISH owners in the past..

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd LOVE this to be right, but not so sure.

You are right that no Prem manager in their right mind WOULD leave for Cardiff, but that doesn't mean that the Cardiff suits don't THINK that they would. You're ignoring the fact that these chaps are utter MENTALISTS. They probably think they've got WENGER lined up.

They've probably got FERGUSON lined up, only they'll be disappointed when DARREN turns up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[tweet]413773833511137281[/tweet]
Blimey. He's fired. So, who's next? Dear father Christmas, please let the new manager of the KL Dragons be Harry Redknapp.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Household name at another club" is a bit vague. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are urgently managing. Could see Harry going for it but, given what Tan said about funds not being available, Transfer Deadline day would be a bit quiet for him...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Interesting to see if/how the players react. Managers come and go and the players generally just get on with it, but if there were ever a situation to register disapproval this might be it, particularly as most are Mackay recruits. A mass transfer request would be amusing, not that Tan would be bothered.

It's exceptionally bizarre and new ground being broken in this story all the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here