Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Malick Yalcouye **Singed 12/07/2024**

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Been scanning Swedish-language Twitter and seems quite a few Goteborg supporters are concerned there might have been a sell on clause of up to 50% in Yalcouye’s contract. Which would undercut the fanfare re the record sale.

Fiskmås

Any chance of a summary or a translation?
Here's a quick and dirty translation (I might as well do something useful with my insomnia).

As far as these kind of announcements go from Swedish clubs, I'd say it's unusually heartfelt, not sure if it comes across in the translation.

Malick Yalcouyé to Brighton
Sold to the Premier League club

It's all sorted now.
Malick Yalcouyé is recruited by Brighton & Hove Albion FC in the English Premier League.
The transfer represents a record sale by IFK Göteborg.

He arrived as a whirlwind on a February Friday and left after making numerous deep impressions during his months with IFK Göteborg.

On the 16th of February at 2.41 PM we published the news on our homepage that Malick was here at Kamratgården [IFK's administrative club house] for his first day as a player of Blåvitt [Bluewhite, the club's nickname] . Short and to the point - all the permissions were sorted and we gave him a slightly extra warm welcome to the whole city’s team.

A lot has happened since that chilly Friday afternoon almost five months ago.
Malick looks back at a spring that has meant a lot to him and an organisation that quickly was given an important place in the 18-year old’s heart.

“IFK Göteborg is my first professional club. I instantly felt very welcome and everyone at the club has done a lot to help me, both on and off the pitch. For that I am grateful. I’m also grateful for the special bond that I have created with all the supporters. That means a lot to me. I’m happy to have called myself a Blåvitt player, to have gotten to wear the blue and white shirt and to play in front of the fantastic supporters. I now take the next step in my career and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me and who continue to support the team. Go Blåvitt!”

Ola Larsson, Technical Director:
“Malick is a player who has made an impression and who has impressed everyone who cares about IFK Göteborg. He became a favourite among the fans already from the first game, and since then he’s only grown and grown. It’s been a spring that few blue and whites will forget. I believe many will look back at this time with pride and say that ´I was there at Malick Yalcouyés first game´ or that ´I saw him at Gamla Ullevi [the club’s arena] when he broke through.´ I know that we are many here at IFK Göteborg who think and feel that way.”

IFK Göteborg will not comment on the financial aspects of the deal, but states that Malick’s move to Brighton is a record transfer for our organisation.

“It’s an impressive job from many at Kamratgården. No one mentioned and therefore no one forgotten [Swedish idiom]. Along the way there’s been a clear picture of our goal and plan for Malick’s time at IFK Göteborg. From the first scouting moments to the work to integrate Malick in our operations, and now the negotiations with interested clubs. Together we have shown that we operate at a high strategic level and that we have the competence and knowledge to see such an important deal through. I’m proud of our entire team and also impressed by how Malick has dealt with it all,” says Håkan Mild, Club Director.

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Good news, another potentially excellent addition. Interesting to see if he and ACD will be in first team squad or loaned out.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here's a quick and dirty translation (I might as well do something useful with my insomnia).

As far as these kind of announcements go from Swedish clubs, I'd say it's unusually heartfelt, not sure if it comes across in the translation.

Malick Yalcouyé to Brighton
Sold to the Premier League club

It's all sorted now.
Malick Yalcouyé is recruited by Brighton & Hove Albion FC in the English Premier League.
The transfer represents a record sale by IFK Göteborg.

He arrived as a whirlwind on a February Friday and left after making numerous deep impressions during his months with IFK Göteborg.

On the 16th of February at 2.41 PM we published the news on our homepage that Malick was here at Kamratgården [IFK's administrative club house] for his first day as a player of Blåvitt [Bluewhite, the club's nickname] . Short and to the point - all the permissions were sorted and we gave him a slightly extra warm welcome to the whole city’s team.

A lot has happened since that chilly Friday afternoon almost five months ago.
Malick looks back at a spring that has meant a lot to him and an organisation that quickly was given an important place in the 18-year old’s heart.

“IFK Göteborg is my first professional club. I instantly felt very welcome and everyone at the club has done a lot to help me, both on and off the pitch. For that I am grateful. I’m also grateful for the special bond that I have created with all the supporters. That means a lot to me. I’m happy to have called myself a Blåvitt player, to have gotten to wear the blue and white shirt and to play in front of the fantastic supporters. I now take the next step in my career and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me and who continue to support the team. Go Blåvitt!”

Ola Larsson, Technical Director:
“Malick is a player who has made an impression and who has impressed everyone who cares about IFK Göteborg. He became a favourite among the fans already from the first game, and since then he’s only grown and grown. It’s been a spring that few blue and whites will forget. I believe many will look back at this time with pride and say that ´I was there at Malick Yalcouyés first game´ or that ´I saw him at Gamla Ullevi [the club’s arena] when he broke through.´ I know that we are many here at IFK Göteborg who thinks and feels that way.”

IFK Göteborg will not comment on the financial aspects of the deal, but states that Malick’s move to Brighton is a record transfer for our organisation.

“It’s an impressive job from many at Kamratgården. No one mentioned and therefore no one forgotten [Swedish idiom]. Along the way there’s been a clear picture of our goal and plan for Malick’s time at IFK Göteborg. From the first scouting moments to the work to integrate Malick in our operations, and now the negotiations with interested clubs. Together we have shown that we operate at a high strategic level and that we have the competence and knowledge to see such an important deal through. I’m proud of our entire team and also impressed by how Malick has dealt with it all,” says Håkan Mild, Club Director.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to translate.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Good news, another potentially excellent addition. Interesting to see if he and ACD will be in first team squad or loaned out.
Is ACD the same as ADHD or am i getting confused just some times if would be nice for me not to boot up the old Enigma i have in the spare room to understand these strange letters. To be fair i'm fine with this but some of the replies (not yours) are like trying to decrypt a ww 2 message.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Is ACD the same as ADHD or am i getting confused just some times if would be nice for me not to boot up the old Enigma i have in the spare room to understand these strange letters. To be fair i'm fine with this but some of the replies (not yours) are like trying to decrypt a ww 2 message.
Armario Cozier Duberry, the young winger we picked up off Arsenal.

He sounds like a law firm, but he's absolutely rapid.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
We got ACD after we our bid for KDH was hijacked by Chelsea. Neither of them play much like CMS as far as I know.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I thought it was a knee injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here