Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Malick Yalcouye **Singed 12/07/2024**

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Brilliant till almost ruined by "e-eh vrything" (scanbarrassment), but elegantly rescued by "tingly feels". I can imagine the North stand feverishly learning and practicing these lyrics, Mr Taupin.

In fact, I am going to use tingly feels as my new replacement for 'It's a white wine celebration - I've got a semillon"

:bowdown:
Very kind. However I must defend my work in that the "everything" line is an exact copy from the original

"They have everything, for young men to enjoy"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very kind. However I must defend my work in that the "everything" line is an exact copy from the original

"They have everything, for young men to enjoy"
No wonder I never liked them :ohmy:

:wink: :thumbsup:

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Anyone else feel like that a very underwhelming highlight reel? Pace doesn't look up to EPL standard and you either have that or not. Will have to trust B&B with this one as they are the masters, but first reaction is that we've paid a lot for what we're getting.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone else feel like that a very underwhelming highlight reel? Pace doesn't look up to EPL standard and you either have that or not. Will have to trust B&B with this one as they are the masters, but first reaction is that we've paid a lot for what we're getting.
£6/7m?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Wonder what the hold up is.
As the medical took place in Sweden I am guessing the club are waiting for the work permit to be sorted, so he can come straight over, do the media stuff and get straight into training. Rather than coming over to do the announcement then having to leave the country and re-enter on the work permit. Less travelling for the player (granted Sweden isn't far and he could pop over to Paris and get the work permit issued at the British Embassy there) but this makes it a bit easier for everyone.

Also as the Swedish football season started back in March, this is giving him a bit of a break, he doesn't really need a pre-season so a week or so without training etc could be beneficial to him as he'll have a season lasting 14 months.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
As the medical took place in Sweden I am guessing the club are waiting for the work permit to be sorted, so he can come straight over, do the media stuff and get straight into training. Rather than coming over to do the announcement then having to leave the country and re-enter on the work permit. Less travelling for the player (granted Sweden isn't far and he could pop over to Paris and get the work permit issued at the British Embassy there) but this makes it a bit easier for everyone.
Thanks, makes complete sense.

Is it not possible to collect a work permit from the British embassy in Stockholm? Or a capital that's closer than Paris?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Thanks, makes complete sense.

Is it not possible to collect a work permit from the British embassy in Stockholm? Or a capital that's closer than Paris?
He can collect it at any British Embassy. It's just most players who come over and do the signing/media then have to leave and to re-enter on the work permit, would do it via Paris as it's easier to get to with rail and air links. Obviously if a player has to return home (or in this case hasn't traveled yet) they can pick it up more locally to where they are based.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He can collect it at any British Embassy. It's just most players who come over and do the signing/media then have to leave and to re-enter on the work permit, would do it via Paris as it's easier to get to with rail and air links. Obviously if a player has to return home (or in this case hasn't traveled yet) they can pick it up more locally to where they are based.
Is that right? For my only experience of getting a work permit (Canada) I was told by the HR dept that the only place it could be applied for was at the border. Although, I imagine that I could have been misinformed and/or that it differs from country to country.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Is that right? My only experience of getting a work permit (Canada) and I was told by the HR dept that the only place it could be applied for was at the border. Although, I imagine that I could have been misinformed and/or that if differs from country to country.
For the UK they will need to present the work permit/visa on entry into the UK. They cannot get the visa until they have signed the contract. So if they come over for the contract signing they then leave the country and collect the visa from a UK Embassy and re-enter on that. The FA deal with the endorsements of visa to speed up the process, which is why they have the 15 points system etc.

I can't remember which player it was but there was someone who signed a few season ago, and that evening they shared a social media post that they were in Paris, which was to get their work permit (it was discussed on here).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here