Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Malick Yalcouye **Singed 12/07/2024**

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For the UK they will need to present the work permit/visa on entry into the UK. They cannot get the visa until they have signed the contract. So if they come over for the contract signing they then leave the country and collect the visa from a UK Embassy and re-enter on that. The FA deal with the endorsements of visa to speed up the process, which is why they have the 15 points system etc.

I can't remember which player it was but there was someone who signed a few season ago, and that evening they shared a social media post that they were in Paris, which was to get their work permit (it was discussed on here).
It was Ali J. Happened to be about the same time I was sorting my Canadian permit.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Slow bureaucracy is what I'm hearing,. Should be a done deal soon.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wouldn’t been surprised if the delay in the announcement is because the club are trying to organise a loan straight away

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't see any benefit in doing that. Two separate announcements = twice the publicity?
Why would the club care about publicity for an 18 year singing from Sweden? They have done it before and is not an unusual thing to do.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
care to expand. ? i've no idea what that means. ?
Something the FA needed to sign relating to his work permit. Don't know why its taken more time than usual.
I have a friend with decent insight in IFK who told me earliet this week that Malicks move will be announced on "Friday or Saturday" so thats what I'm expecting.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would the club care about publicity for an 18 year singing from Sweden? They have done it before and is not an unusual thing to do.
That's not really the point. The (unanswered) question is, why is there any benefit in waiting until his (hypothetical) loan is arranged before announcing the signing? :-Look forward for your answer....................

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That's not really the point. The (unanswered) question is, why is there any benefit in waiting until his (hypothetical) loan is arranged before announcing the signing? :-Look forward for your answer....................
I don't know how the immigration regulation works in detail, but I think it comes down to whether he may or may not be "working in the UK" straight away. Mali are currently 50th in the world ranking, Yalcouye is yet to be capped and the Swedish league is comparatively low ranked so there may be challenges in gaining a work permit.

Assuming he goes on loan to a higher status league, that could increase his ability to gain a work permit for UK employment in, say, a year's time. Quite often clubs buy players and loan them out until they get the requisite points to pass the immigration rules.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know how the immigration regulation works in detail, but I think it comes down to whether he may or may not be "working in the UK" straight away. Mali are currently 50th in the world ranking, Yalcouye is yet to be capped and the Swedish league is comparatively low ranked so there may be challenges in gaining a work permit.

Assuming he goes on loan to a higher status league, that could increase his ability to gain a work permit for UK employment in, say, a year's time. Quite often clubs buy players and loan them out until they get the requisite points to pass the immigration rules.
Yep, a loan is probably quite likely, and for the reasons you state. Why the club don't actually announce he has signed though is a different matter.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yep, a loan is probably quite likely, and for the reasons you state. Why the club don't actually announce he has signed though is a different matter.
I'm guessing that maybe he can't sign the employment contract until the work permit has been resolved, so they need the loan agreed to tick the necessary box? Then he can sign the contract and be formally announced

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If Yalcouye requires a loan for a work permit, how come we were able to bring Ayari straight in? Because he's Swedish and Sweden's ranking is higher than Mali's?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Pushing my sources a little and a decision (from what I believe to be the work permit exceptions panel) is/was expected today. Apart from Brighton, Yalcouye has also made a visit to Gent in Belgium which may be where we loan him if needed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
Screenshot_20240712_214852_Facebook.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here