[Albion] Malick Yalcouye **Singed 12/07/2024**

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
we were the team in blue and white!
Thanks.

He did fine - in the context of that game - against a League One side's fringe players.

I've really high hopes for Malick Yalcouye, but he really did very little in that game to show that he is close to being ready to contribute in the Premier League. IMO of course.

His Crawley opposite number (19 year old Cameron Bragg, on loan from Southampton) very much outshone him.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think he did quite well considering the circumstances. It was a very disjointed U-21 team where ACD & Yalcouye probably had next to no idea who a lot of their team mates were if they’ve been training with the first team since signing.

He won the ball well and his close control is excellent but I thought his passing was sloppy at times and he was partly to blame for their second goal. It’s probably an unfairly high bar to judge him but I remember seeing Caicedo play for the U-21’s in a league game and the difference between that performance and MY yesterday was massive. Yalcouye looked like a rough diamond with huge potential, Caicedo actually looked too good for that level.

With the amount of youth players we bring through I think it’s easy to forget just how young and inexperienced he is. If anything I’m worried the jump to the Bundesliga will be too big for him, let alone the Prem.

It’s a shame we can’t send him to USG because that would have been the perfect next step IMO.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Thought he was great, but tired in the second half - he had way too much to do.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes, a definite N'Golo Kante vibe. A really promising signing, especially in a position where we need reinforcing. I'd love to see him and Baleba face Crawley in the League Cup in a preview of our central midfield of the future.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Yes, a definite N'Golo Kante vibe. A really promising signing, especially in a position where we need reinforcing. I'd love to see him and Baleba face Crawley in the League Cup in a preview of our central midfield of the future.
That would be good… Agreed.
Im a little concerned that Baleba may be shipped out on loan though this season. Hasn’t been on the pitch in midfield once through pre-season and when he has been played, it’s at the back.
I love the guy but I have a feeling he may be loaned out if WBG stays on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Strange how opinions differ.
I think he’s a bit raw but has Kante vibes. He’s going to be some player but a season long loan for development won’t harm.
Those highlights indicate an incredibly high ceiling and astonishing natural talent but the example of Caicedo is key here. Many were convinced the Beer-Shots loan did him no good. I’m not so sure. We want an older, wise, stronger Yalcouye for the Premier League please.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Those highlights indicate an incredibly high ceiling and astonishing natural talent but the example of Caicedo is key here. Many were convinced the Beer-Shots loan did him no good. I’m not so sure. We want an older, wise, stronger Yalcouye for the Premier League please.
I don't think the Beerschotts (sp?) loan did do him much good. Wasn't it all to do with getting a work permit back in the day? A loan to the EFL to toughen him up a bit, or a loan to the Eredivisie, Ligue 1 or Serie A would be a different gravy!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I missed this news yesterday. Not quite as interesting as the mooted moves to the German Bundesliga or the Championship but hopefully he'll get a lot of minutes.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not quite sure what has gone on with the Mali national squad selection, but Yalcouye is not now a member of the Mali squad for this international break. Instead, he started for Sturm Graz in a friendly today.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Not quite sure what has gone on with the Mali national squad selection, but Yalcouye is not now a member of the Mali squad for this international break. Instead, he started for Sturm Graz in a friendly today.
Wonder if he might still feature against Eswatini on the 10th.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I remember the chaos in the Biss days as well. Maybe poorly run.

Probably not the worst to let him settle down for a while. He has moved four times in 10 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here