Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That's the same in every country reporting the truth (not China and Russia).

It's necessarily a moving number, as later pathology test results on victims who died outside of hospitals are collated, for example.

Governments across the globe can only report the confirmed figures to hand.

France for example has just released huge mortality numbers of 1,355 for Wednesday, 1,120 for Thursday and 1,053 for Friday. These include large numbers who passed away in nursing homes some time back.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
they are not like me

I apologise.
I was not aware you are not a person and didnt realise you have no family.
Thoughts and prayers etc etc

Oh come on, a few less million idiots after all this is surely a good thing..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Its OK, you dont need to pretend anymore. [MENTION=28856]rogersix[/MENTION] has confirmed what you are really thinking and that you dont mean it & you are simply doing some minor trolling for giggles.
I wouldnt hold your breath for a comedy award though

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
An interesting read of collated facts if you have time to read it this Sunday morning can be found here...https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Difficult for me to necessarily agree that these are 'facts'. Some are opinions. This is in my opinion a slanted collection of 'evidence' in order to suite the narrative. Like all good conspiracy theories, I am sure it contains much that is plausible or true.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That did not seem too controversial. Trump, in his own inimitable fashion just promoted hydroxychloroquine.

People who need the drug can't get their prescriptions. Fauci has explicitly told people not to take it. Some guy in Arizona died the other day because of Trump's ramblings about it.

Then added to that, he's questioning the use of ventilators presumably because they cost too much. He's dangerous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sure. He said everyone should take a drug that has not been proven to work and that ventilators will kill you.
Thanks. Why has he done that?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
People who need the drug can't get their prescriptions. Fauci has explicitly told people not to take it. Some guy in Arizona died the other day because of Trump's ramblings about it.

Then added to that, he's questioning the use of ventilators presumably because they cost too much. He's dangerous.

Ah okay, thanks. Trump definitely, like all politicians without a medical background, should stear clear of medical guidance.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sure. He said everyone should take a drug that has not been proven to work and that ventilators will kill you.

He was intimating that if you go on a ventilator, you have a good chance of dying. No surprise Trump is unclear though, he is clearly an idiot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

His ventilator point was a good one - depending on your age, weight and sex the odds of a decent outcome on a ventilator may be significantly under 100%.

He shouldn't be promoting people taking particular drugs either.

The points he was trying to make were reasonable, the words he used were muddled, confusing, and with the wrong emphasis.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That did not seem too controversial. Trump, in his own inimitable fashion just promoted hydroxychloroquine.

Or, not, depending on his contradictory statements and mangled grammar. So, take it if you want, don't take it if you don't want but, thanks to God, this could solve everything, maybe.

:rotlf:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
His ventilator point was a good one - depending on your age, weight and sex the odds of a decent outcome on a ventilator may be significantly under 100%.

He shouldn't be promoting people taking particular drugs either.

The points he was trying to make were reasonable, the words he used were muddled, confusing, and with the wrong emphasis.

However, no one gets put on to a ventilator unless they are in a critical condition, he may be trying to say " if you end up on a ventilator, that's bad and probably not going to end well " but, he's struggling to try to express this, as usual.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Or, not, depending on his contradictory statements and mangled grammar. So, take it if you want, don't take it if you don't want but, thanks to God, this could solve everything, maybe.

:rotlf:

Reminds me a little of John Prescott. Had to not pay too much attention to the grammar and order of words, but try to glean the meaning or intent from somewhere. Although I must say that Prescott usually managed to get his point across despite poor English. Trump - he's something else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hancock absolutely busking (to use HWT's classic phrase) on the Marr Show. Can't count ventilator need, can't explain why people can't sit down in the sunshine, just keeps repeating "follow the rules". It's like watching a cross between Diane Abbott and a comedy policeman in a dystopian novel.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Some guy in Arizona died the other day because of Trump's ramblings about it.

The guy took it upon himself to eat fish tank cleaner. You’d need to be suffering from an acute dose of Orange Man Bad to blame that on Trump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here