• IN

Votes: 100 57.5%
  • OUT

Votes: 74 42.5%

• Total voters

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
In. Anyone who thinks another manager can come in with a magic wand and transform the fundamental handicaps that are keeping this club down is seriously deluded.

If the improved performance yesterday is down to the players having a meeting and deciding to pull their collective fingers out then it's the players you should be having a go at, not the manager. Are you seriously saying that they hadn't spotted before where they were in the league, and that the manager's job is to explain it to them? Pull the other one.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
JSD Albion said:
In. Anyone who thinks another manager can come in with a magic wand and transform the fundamental handicaps that are keeping this club down is seriously deluded.

If the improved performance yesterday is down to the players having a meeting and deciding to pull their collective fingers out then it's the players you should be having a go at, not the manager. Are you seriously saying that they hadn't spotted before where they were in the league, and that the manager's job is to explain it to them? Pull the other one.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Glad to help the In vote on recent showings. While you can still question his overall performance - nobody is beyond question, even DK - I back MM to continue to do the best for the club and I can't see anyone else doing better with the resources available.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
What makes me laugh is that people post stuff on Nsc but when you talk to them at the ground or in the pub their views are a lot more moderate or they admit that most of their posts are just wind ups.
Is it something about message boards that make people more vociferous and therefore not a good indication of how fans really feel?

But if that's true, surely that works both ways; i.e. both pro- and anti- McGhee views are intensified? You can't just apply these theories to the view you object to.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
But if that's true, surely that works both ways; i.e. both pro- and anti- McGhee views are intensified? You can't just apply these theories to the view you object to.

It isn't a 'theory'. Those who are pro McGhee and pro Knight haven't changed their vocal views from their posted views.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Gwylan said:
What total rubbish. As has been asked many times before, if McGhee approaches a player and that player refuses to come here what is McGhee to do?

You have clearly never had to recruit staff so let me spell it out for you. It is not particularly easy to bring people on board, even if you do pay well. As I said on a thread a few weeks ago, there have been a number of occasions when it's taken several months to find someone even though they we were paying above the industry average. None of my bosses blamed me for the delay in recruitment as they accepted that it was the norm.

But it would have been even harder for me to recruit people if I had to pay less than the industry average - in fact it would be nearly impossible.

It's perfectly reasonable to have a go at McGhee's tactics, that's a matter of opinion. But to make moronic statements that it's his fault if a player prefers to go somewhere he can earn a couple of grand a week more is scarcely very constructive.

I accept your point and I think you may have misunderstodd what I meant - I wasn't trying to say that McGhee should be bringing in Ronaldo and I do fully understand the reasons that he hasn't been able to bring anyone in. What I was meaning was that as we have signed nobody as yet - that this has been a conscious decision. In effect he cannot bring in the ones he would have liked (not available, thought other propositions more attractive etc.) and that he has chosen (wisely maybe) not to throw the money at someone who doesn't fit the bill. As manager that is his right and I do back him and have voted for him on this poll..

I was trying to point out the ludicrous nature of BGs argument that it is totally down to DK to dig us out with more cash when we haven't spent what is available yet.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Ha, ha - that line got a good reaction, must remember to use it more often.

I really feel sorry for the stay-at-home internet nerds when their early lead subsides away. Imagine how important these polls must be to them :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tough luck Vulture, get along to game next time rather than wasting an afternoon voting ten times in these polls :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Predictable and Patronising.

Uncle Buck said:
Predictable and Patronising.
It certainly is predictable that scapegoaters like you can't EVEN win these kneejerk-reaction-to-defeat polls :lolol:

Repugnant Toad said:

Because the reality is that the vast majority of McGhee supporters are the stable, moderate silent majority of people who would never dream of exaggerating their opinions either for effect or to counter the childish and goonish mountain of stuff from the scapegoaters.

Of course I'll hold my hand up to being one of the few exceptions to that above rule, as I like to occasionally wind up the scapegoaters using their own methods, it's funny seeing them squawk when their own caricatures and exaggerations are turned back on them.

It's the old saying, why should the devil have all the best tunes, eh? :D

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
It certainly is predictable that scapegoaters like you can't EVEN win these kneejerk-reaction-to-defeat polls :lolol:

Not got involved in this one.

Only just got in from the game.

For the record I thought we were unclucky yesterday, but once behind, I knew we would not get back in. Combination of confidence and lack of a goal scorer understanding the concept of cows arse and banjo.

Been having a tough time of it Steve? Some of your responses in the last 36 hours have been very aggressive.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Because the reality is that the vast majority of McGhee supporters are the stable, moderate silent majority of people who would never dream of exaggerating their opinions either for effect or to counter the childish and goonish mountain of stuff from the scapegoaters.

Of course I'll hold my hand up to being one of the few exceptions to that above rule, as I like to wind up the scapegoaters using their own methods, it's funny seeing them squawk when their own caricatures and exaggerations are turned back on them.

It's the old saying, why should the devil have all the best tunes, eh? :D

Whacky guy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear the Magoo outs still behind overall even though we dropped a place yesterday. Get used to it Magoo is going nowhere.

Uncle Buck said:
Not got involved in this one.

Only just got in from the game.

For the record I thought we were unclucky yesterday, but once behind, I knew we would not get back in. Combination of confidence and lack of a goal scorer understanding the concept of cows arse and banjo.

Been having a tough time of it Steve? Some of your responses in the last 36 hours have been very aggressive.

That's true, haven't quite picked up your nack yet of slotting the passive into the aggressive :D

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
Ha, ha - that line got a good reaction, must remember to use it more often.

I really feel sorry for the stay-at-home internet nerds when their early lead subsides away. Imagine how important these polls must be to them :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tough luck Vulture, get along to game next time rather than wasting an afternoon voting ten times in these polls :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Dont steal my lines you left wing bastard:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
In.

Even if we go down, still definately In.

So he may have fallen out with a couple of players... good. It shows he aint a soft touch.

I firmly believe if we do go down, that provided we can hold onto our current squad (excluding McShane) we will come straight back, a year older, a year wiser, and a much more confident squad than we have at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here