Votes: 100 57.5%
  • OUT

Votes: 74 42.5%

• Total voters

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Where does the blame lie? How about having no witch to put at the top of your bonfire? How about just accepting that we've travelled much further than we've any right too given our Conference set-up and facilities, and that gravity was going to get to us sooner of later? I think most Brighton fans do accept that, that's why they stay loyal to McGhee.

Conference set up facilities?

Not many 8k plus grounds in the Conference.

Not many teams in the Conference spending (spunking) 6 figure fees on players.

Not many teams in the Conference paying their players figure a week salaries.

Not many teams in the Conference with players getting representative honours.

No Conference teams in the quarter finals of the FA Youth Cup.

Sorry you Conference argument does not wash, looks like you are running out of arguments, best start getting aggressive again, that is far more fun.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
Conference set up facilities?

Not many 8k plus grounds in the Conference.

Not many teams in the Conference spending (spunking) 6 figure fees on players.

Not many teams in the Conference paying their players figure a week salaries.

Not many teams in the Conference with players getting representative honours.

No Conference teams in the quarter finals of the FA Youth Cup.

Sorry you Conference argument does not wash, looks like you are running out of arguments, best start getting aggressive again, that is far more fun.

So well done you have proved we are not a Conference Club. That does not hide the fact that we are punching above our weight in terms of investment in the team and attendances.

There are teams in League 2 with bigger capacities than us who are able to spend 6 figure sums on players and give them high wages. If the anti McGhee people such as you opened their eyes and looked at the reality you would be delighted that we are still in the Championship and backing McGhee even if we go down.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
So well done you have proved we are not a Conference Club. That does not hide the fact that we are punching above our weight in terms of investment in the team and attendances.

There are teams in League 2 with bigger capacities than us who are able to spend 6 figure sums on players and give them high wages. If the anti McGhee people such as you opened their eyes and looked at the reality you would be delighted that we are still in the Championship and backing McGhee even if we go down.

Are you going to say we do not deserve to be in this league next, go on that would sum the whole thing up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
Are you going to say we do not deserve to be in this league next, go on that would sum the whole thing up.

Same old boring comment. No we won promotion so we deserve to be in this league. That does not hide the fact that our squad cost very little compared to other teams we are competing with.

All I am saying is why are we surprised that we are struggling? I expected us to struggle this year and quite possibly be relegated. As a result, now that we could well go down I accept it and do not call for the manager to be sacked as he did well to get us up and keep us up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
Same old boring comment. No we won promotion so we deserve to be in this league. That does not hide the fact that our squad cost very little compared to other teams we are competing with.

All I am saying is why are we surprised that we are struggling? I expected us to struggle this year and quite possibly be relegated. As a result, now that we could well go down I accept it and do not call for the manager to be sacked as he did well to get us up and keep us up.

Nobody expected us to set the division alight, but with the change of personnel and alledged improvement in this area, people did and should expect a step forward (treading water causes complacency), however McGhee has taken us backwards.

I guess Strachans comment about managers having a 3 year shelf life at a club is true, just McGhee has less than 3 years use.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
Nobody expected us to set the division alight, but with the change of personnel and alledged improvement in this area, people did and should expect a step forward (treading water causes complacency), however McGhee has taken us backwards.

I guess Strachans comment about managers having a 3 year shelf life at a club is true, just McGhee has less than 3 years use.

So you don't think that selling our best player made a difference. Most of that money has gone towards Falmer, not new players, and that is quite right our future is the most important thing. We stayed up on the last game last season and lost Virgo, Harding, Hinshelwood etc. I think a lot of people have forgotten how important Virgo was last year. Personally, I think we have moved forward in the football that we play and if we can keep our best players would look forward to next season whatever division we are in. With McGhee as manager.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
So you don't think that selling our best player made a difference. Most of that money has gone towards Falmer, not new players, and that is quite right our future is the most important thing. We stayed up on the last game last season and lost Virgo, Harding, Hinshelwood etc. I think a lot of people have forgotten how important Virgo was last year. Personally, I think we have moved forward in the football that we play and if we can keep our best players would look forward to next season whatever division we are in. With McGhee as manager.

But the football we are playing is not good, as we are not winning. Yes we play with wingers, but that is not getting us results. The game plan needs to be tightened up at the back and with our lack of goal scorers we need to grind out results, but McGhee either cannot see this or is too stubborn.

Regarding the players lost, losing Virgo was a blow, he was something of a talisman for the side last year, but the one we have never properly replaced is Harding. Hinsh, well we suffered when he got injured, but McShane this season should have been a competant replacement.

But play this gunho game in whatever division and we will struggle, as too many other areas of the side are not up to it, in this formation. We have players that can battle, so get them to do that, even if it means sacrificing some of our flair. Football is about results, not about how pretty your approach play might be.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
But the football we are playing is not good, as we are not winning. Yes we play with wingers, but that is not getting us results. The game plan needs to be tightened up at the back and with our lack of goal scorers we need to grind out results, but McGhee either cannot see this or is too stubborn.

Regarding the players lost, losing Virgo was a blow, he was something of a talisman for the side last year, but the one we have never properly replaced is Harding. Hinsh, well we suffered when he got injured, but McShane this season should have been a competant replacement.

But play this gunho game in whatever division and we will struggle, as too many other areas of the side are not up to it, in this formation. We have players that can battle, so get them to do that, even if it means sacrificing some of our flair. Football is about results, not about how pretty your approach play might be.

So you were not criticising McGhee for playing boring football last year and the play off season as a lot of fans were. Yes, we are losing and I agree we have not replaced Harding too but left back is not an easy position to fill.

I honestly believe that we should stick by McGhee. If results go for us at the weekend we could be in touch with safety again. If not, I expected us to go down at the start of the season so I will stick by McGhee whatever. I also believe that the majority of fans in general will stick by him too.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
So you were not criticising McGhee for playing boring football last year and the play off season as a lot of fans were. Yes, we are losing and I agree we have not replaced Harding too but left back is not an easy position to fill.

I honestly believe that we should stick by McGhee. If results go for us at the weekend we could be in touch with safety again. If not, I expected us to go down at the start of the season so I will stick by McGhee whatever. I also believe that the majority of fans in general will stick by him too.

I have not enjoyed the football under McGhee at all, but I could see, particulaly last year why we became a rubbish version of Norway as it got results.

However now I would not stick with him, as he is incapable of getting the results we need.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
I have not enjoyed the football under McGhee at all, but I could see, particulaly last year why we became a rubbish version of Norway as it got results.

However now I would not stick with him, as he is incapable of getting the results we need.

Didn't we establish a couple of weeks back that you would not stick with him even if he did get the results we need ?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Yeah, one of my other McGhee in sparring people is here, that is the afternoon sorted....

As long as you don't call me a Lemming I don't mind !

Agree with you on our style of play though, that midfield does need stiffening up at the moment.

That's not really going to occupy an afternoon is it ? Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here