Votes: 100 57.5%
  • OUT

Votes: 74 42.5%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:
Were you at the game today? I thought we shouwed dedication and a bit of passion. Plus, we played some decent football and lost to a lucky goal, against the leagues leading scorers...

Unfortunately that alone does not win games and get us points but I think that it is too late to sack MM now, he should have gone after the cup defeat against Coventry , if he was to go.

The ball is now firmly in Dick Knights court at all costs we need at least one player before next weeks game at Crewe, whether we have to beg borrow or steal the money to pay his wages.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BensGrandad said:
Unfortunately that alone does not win games and get us points but I think that it is too late to sack MM now, he should have gone after the cup defeat against Coventry , if he was to go.

The ball is now firmly in Dick Knights court at all costs we need at least one player before next weeks game at Crewe, whether we have to beg borrow or steal the money to pay his wages.

I believe Mr Tight might have other things on his mind like the impending move to the Costa Del Sol.
Do you think it is possible to be a football club chairman overseeing such a big project as Falmer whilst living in Espana ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
1140284335_spt_ai14brightvwatfd.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:bowdown: McGhee :bowdown:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fragmented Badger said:
Is Dick Knight actually moving to Spain? Or is this just a wild rumour? Or have I missed something totally obvious?

Ernest winding people up again because DK has been having a short holiday in Spain.
When I'm his age I shall be taking it easy not getting stressed out over a football club and getting through a High Court action.
I wouldn't blame him if he did jack it all in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest said:
I believe Mr Tight might have other things on his mind like the impending move to the Costa Del Sol.
Do you think it is possible to be a football club chairman overseeing such a big project as Falmer whilst living in Espana ?

With the profit he makes for selling BHA when Falmer is finally granted.

Only joking everybody knows he couldn't sell the club at a profit.

vulture said:
Listen why dont you shut the f*** up you left wing total and utter prick :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Ha, ha - that line got a good reaction, must remember to use it more often.

I really feel sorry for the stay-at-home internet nerds when their early lead subsides away. Imagine how important these polls must be to them :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Tough luck Vulture, get along to game next time rather than wasting an afternoon voting ten times in these polls :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I can only reitterate my comments after tuesday.

There are two things in life that are a certainty - one is taxes, the other is that a manager will eventually be a failure................with some you have to wait a long while. It has taken McGhee over two years to get to this point but in that time he had two successful seasons.

The out mob on here are a self fulfilling prophecy - keep slagging a manager off long enough and they will eventually be right.

I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket and that is not down to McGhee or the team but more over I am fed up with having to see and listen to the mindless people who will only ever criticise anybody and everybody who ever put their head above the parapet.

sadly Withdean is full of people who just sit there WAITING to be entertained (not singing, chanting etc.) and others who are sooooo negative. For the former should sod off to the theatre and the latter can revel in their moment of doom glory. I wont be there to see your smug faces!

And as for bens grandad - the ball is not in DKs court - it is firmly in MMs. It is has been stated by MM that he has the money to spend and that Knight has provided him with funds to get a player - the lack of that player is down to MM only.

In your pub trade if you employed someone to run the pub when you went on a long cruise (why do most publicans go on cruises?) then if you retruned to find they didn't spend the money you left on stock - it wouldn't be a case of you finding more money would it? You may sack the man you left in charge - but of course you may find that no suppliers were available in your absence?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:

There are two things in life that are a certainty - one is taxes, the other is that a manager will eventually be a failure................with some you have to wait a long while. It has taken McGhee over two years to get to this point but in that time he had two successful seasons.

The out mob on here are a self fulfilling prophecy - keep slagging a manager off long enough and they will eventually be right.

What makes me laugh is that people post stuff on Nsc but when you talk to them at the ground or in the pub their views are a lot more moderate or they admit that most of their posts are just wind ups.
Is it something about message boards that make people more vociferous and therefore not a good indication of how fans really feel?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mcghee out for me.

Allway's thought he was the right manager for the job untill recently.

It's not just the falling out with players, selections and inability to bring in new players,

But the fact he has seemed too willing to wright off games before we've even played them, i.e. Luton away. And the way he said about not being worried about results in January it's the results in February that are more important.

Sorry but I thought all games were important??

Am i also mistaken in thinking that the renewed passion in the last two games might have something to do with the players reaction to the behind closed door meeting they held themselves?

Just my oppinion!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ROSM said:
the ball is not in DKs court - it is firmly in MMs. It is has been stated by MM that he has the money to spend and that Knight has provided him with funds to get a player - the lack of that player is down to MM only.

What total rubbish. As has been asked many times before, if McGhee approaches a player and that player refuses to come here what is McGhee to do?

You have clearly never had to recruit staff so let me spell it out for you. It is not particularly easy to bring people on board, even if you do pay well. As I said on a thread a few weeks ago, there have been a number of occasions when it's taken several months to find someone even though they we were paying above the industry average. None of my bosses blamed me for the delay in recruitment as they accepted that it was the norm.

But it would have been even harder for me to recruit people if I had to pay less than the industry average - in fact it would be nearly impossible.

It's perfectly reasonable to have a go at McGhee's tactics, that's a matter of opinion. But to make moronic statements that it's his fault if a player prefers to go somewhere he can earn a couple of grand a week more is scarcely very constructive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here