Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lyrics on the screen

What do you think about the chants that appeared on the big screens?

• Like - please keep

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Don't like - please get rid of now

Votes: 86 95.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any chance of a...

"Let's go Brighton, let's go!"

...repeated with increasing tempo, accompanied by an organ player.

That's what we need.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Two things were noticeable about the singing last night.

1) The stands are so out of sync with each other. It works in a school hall with 'row row row your boat' when one section gets a full line out before the next starts, but it doesn't work at a football ground where two stands start one word apart and sing at different speeds

2) The speed of singing. I have been getting quite fed up with all the 'let's slow down the singing of gosbts' threads. But it's every single song. They're finished before they start. I'm pretty sure we worked through our entire repertoire of songs before liverpool had their first shot.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont like to moan about the amex, in fact i dont think there is much wrong with it, then there was the words on the screen. Utterly embarrassing!

If the words to Sussex be the sea came on would it look like how it sounds when its sung? "goo-ol sussbysea, goo-ol sussbysea, andweregoi nup towincup sussbysea" :jester:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hahaha who would have thought that 10 seconds of graphics before a corner would get some so up in arms? does it really matter? As for goal music it will not happen read the programme and listen to things that people from Martin Perry down have said, chill

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Hahaha who would have thought that 10 seconds of graphics before a corner would get some so up in arms? does it really matter? As for goal music it will not happen read the programme and listen to things that people from Martin Perry down have said, chill

Yes, yes it does matter!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Were you not there then?

were you not there then?

:facepalm:

I sold my ticket, League > Cup and I've spent vast quantites of money this season on buying tickets to individual matches, including the next 2 games.

And yes, the way the matchday experience is being run is an absolute f***ing joke, want to argue with me you retarded piece of shit?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I sold my ticket, League > Cup and I've spent vast quantites of money this season on buying tickets to individual matches, including the next 2 games.

And yes, the way the matchday experience is being run is an absolute f***ing joke, want to argue with me you retarded piece of shit?

Go on then, entertain me! WHY?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why? ?Does it do any harm

Well I thought it actually killed the atmosphere as people were either refusing to sing in principle or were too busy looking at the boards with disgust. We had a few corners where virtually no one sung Seagulls Seagulls Seagulls

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Was I the only one who felt uneasy singing 'seagulls' when we had a corner given that the scoreboard was seemingly instructing us to do it? People may passively rebel and keep quiet - the exact opposite of what it is intended to do.

I think I recall Southampton (or somewhere similar) doing that on their big screen when they get corners and having that naff hand clapping graphic.

My kids dont need a prompt to sing as my 2 year old demonstrated when he saw the match programme at 6am this morning and started singing 'noooon - ey' at the top of his voice. He sung it slowly too !!

edit: McShane beat me to it by a few mins

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've come onto NSC this morning to find this thread (or start it if you were all asleep).
They must go. Embarrassing.
THIS!

I haven't read the thread yet, but we must contact the club to remove this. Can you imagine playing palace, and suffering the embarrassment of teaching our fans how to chant SEAGULLS! SEAGULLS!
Right, now to read the thread - where's the petition, whom do we contact at the club...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we start some sort of movement to get the lyrics off. Ask the club, Attilla, someone with clout, get them off!!!!
Ok, I've read to post 50, and this is all I've found so far. I'll camp outside Blooms house if I have to, we must stop this before Tuesday. Only until tomorrow for our first attempt to stop it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Re 'Right here, right now'
What, so we can be more like the dozens of tinpot teams that already come out to it?
We won't be like other clubs, because fat boy is ours, so we can play it with pride.

Remove the lyrics immediately. Completely embarrassing, its football not a f***ing karaoke.
Oh shit. I'm not going tomorrow, I'm looking after the kids while the wife goes out with some friends for a karaoke night. She's going to the f***ing game!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was so monumentally hugely horror-stricken and embarrassed! We always go Seagulls! at a corner anyway! Are we Reading in disguise?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here