Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lyrics on the screen

What do you think about the chants that appeared on the big screens?

• Like - please keep

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Don't like - please get rid of now

Votes: 86 95.6%

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can we please stop with the...

Chants coming up on the scoreboard? Yes it's another moan but I thought it was a bit cringe worthy last night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Pssssst

Did you not see the HUGE thread on this

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I thought this was a post in protest at them having the words to GOSBTS on the screen as the players come out, reading the replies above I guess not, could someone explain? Not like we sing many chants with more than 4-5 words in them...

Were you not there then?

Oh dear :lolol: I think I've worked out what that is. Needs to be done away with now quite simply, absolutely pathetic and makes us look SO f***ing plastic it's embarrassing.

were you not there then?

I shall be BOOing LOUDLY if there is any truth in this. Club is turning into an absolute f***ing joke.

:facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
While we are at it, whose face is that they project on the screen with the with dean wager numbers?

Is it Keith burtonshaw the old tottenham manager?

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I only saw Seagulls! Seagulls! and that was only a couple of times, I must have been watching the match and supporting my team too intensely.

I do think the screen should only be used for replays and team lineups though, not because Palace will laugh but because it's a bit tacky.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I only saw Seagulls! Seagulls! and that was only a couple of times, I must have been watching the match and supporting my team too intensely.

I do think the screen should only be used for replays and team lineups though, not because Palace will laugh but because it's a bit tacky.

Bit tacky???

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Petition the club? Hope it's not too late to get them removed, awful idea. Everyone around me merely expressed bemusement!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only time I've seen something similar was at an ice hockey game in Canada but in that case there wouldn't be any singing at all without it, for some reasons the crowd seemed unable to sing a song themselves without some sort of autocue.

In our case it can f*** right off. Everyone ignored the songs on the screen anyway.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I went to an NFL match at Wembley a few years ago and cringed at kid various stuff that popped up on the big screens. "WOW!" and "WHO DAT?!" and so on.

This sounds to be on a par. To quote Withdean Wanderer and the Complete Badger... "Get Rid".

I think it's great. Dont forget we dont all know the songs - they should put the words up to help us (obviously not the rude ones).

sea....gulls sea..... gulls:facepalm: This must stop! Both my boys and myself felt this very cringy:eek:The club can play a part in the atmosphere but they can also spoil it! trains from brighton pre-match and silly lyrics the two bad points on a cracking first night game for me! so proud to be a brighton fan!
I salute all the singers last night!:bowdown::bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown::bowdown:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe the Club could give a keyboard to Gus Tanno or Charlie. They could then type up player advice such as Man on, go left, get rid etc.
Team instructions on the big screens. Yay.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Next on the agenda:

Goal music

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here