Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lyrics on the screen

What do you think about the chants that appeared on the big screens?

• Like - please keep

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Don't like - please get rid of now

Votes: 86 95.6%

• Total voters

Feb 14, 2010
Can the club also tell us when to clap and how to hero worship players. Can we also have a church choir and a confession box with a priest, just in case anyone swears. Some bobble hats would be nice as well.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
How was this shit allowed to happen?
Surely more than one person was involved.
There needs to be an investigation!
Then we can build a bonfire

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have added a poll just for the sake if it. I think I know the answer though!
The Palace fans here will vote yes, because to them this would be hilarious. Please take that into account when looking at the result.
This. I'm really pleased with what the (off the field) team has done for us, but how did anyone let this happen. I was just in shock when I saw it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can someone forward this thread to the club? Embarrassing. Will have the away fans in stiches. Get rid quick.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Why are people constantly worrying what other fans think of us?
There isn't an away fan in the country (palace or not) who would have given a shit about anything on the big screen, until you draw attention to it. I'm pretty sure there aren't bunches of opposing supporters waiting to pounce on any slight mistake the club makes.
We've moaned about;
The naming of 'Dicks bar'...... I've yet to see anybody rolling about laughing about that.
Ramp up music...................Good effort to try to fire up supporters.
Flags make us look plastic.....How wrong can you be?
Sorry lads but the 70's have gone, you're not going to be standing on the half empty terrace with your pie & woodbines any more.

Feb 14, 2010
Why are people constantly worrying what other fans think of us?
There isn't an away fan in the country (palace or not) who would have given a shit about anything on the big screen, until you draw attention to it. I'm pretty sure there aren't bunches of opposing supporters waiting to pounce on any slight mistake the club makes.
We've moaned about;
The naming of 'Dicks bar'...... I've yet to see anybody rolling about laughing about that.
Ramp up music...................Good effort to try to fire up supporters.
Flags make us look plastic.....How wrong can you be?
Sorry lads but the 70's have gone, you're not going to be standing on the half empty terrace with your pie & woodbines any more.

I agree with the first sentence, I couldnt give a monkeys what other fans think. Dont agree with flags or ramp up music or the words on the screen to tell people what to sing tho. Ramp up music a particular annoying feature, going to football is also about catching up with friends and family. Blaring out some bloody 1990's pop song gets in the way of that and also the crowd singing

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Havn't read through this but does it matter?.A few words on the screen,i hardly noticed because i was watching the game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

The dynamics of this song are a bit hard to follow....what tune is it set to?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The relevant part of the email...

The chant lyrics on the screen - about as welcome as goal music, and most of my fellow supporters on your favourite messageboard appear to be in strong agreement. I find it a little disingenuous to try and orchestrate an already noisy bunch of fans with an instruction (or even encouragement) of what to sing and when to sing it. Please could this cease and desist.

Awaiting a response.

Got one from Richard Hebberd this morning.

'Agree re lyrics'.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I turned to my mate and said thats f***ing Cringe worthy.

Get them off!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
They can stick their Powerpointy nonsense where the Sun don't shine.

Get. Rid. Now. :sick:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gotta go...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here