Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua is coming

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
As I remember it Greer couldnt get in the team for the first part of the season, it was only that incident against Bournemouth where they got a penalty when the ref judged Elphick to have handled the ball inside the area (which was obviously outside and maybe not even Elphicks hand) that gave Greer an in.
Time will tell though and The Championship (I Think) will show Greer to be our weakest link.

i think this is a little harsh on the jock, his biggest strenght is his ability to the read the game very well, it was rare last season for him to be caught out of position and he marshalled the back 4 very well, hence the number of clean sheets we had. I actully think he will be better suited at championship level where he is against better players

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Lua Lua if premiership quality, if this happens it will be out greatest signing since i don't know when. Even if he costs us over 2 mill with a hefty wage bill, i still believe in a few years time he'll be worth triple that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Are signings ever done on a weekend? or is it just a working day thing?

I want him now :tantrum:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
On topic, LuaLua coming back would be fantastic and a really exciting signing

Off topic, anyone who seriously thinks Greer is the weak link in our defence needs to go to more games or watch more closely when they are at them. Most of our clean sheets were with him in the team and without being unkind to Elphick, who has done a great job for us over the last few years, we conceded a lot more goals when he came in to the side for El Abd or Greer.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Also, to add on about Greer, he missed the first two games through suspension, was immediately brought in and got sent off and then had a niggling injury and his wife gave birth so Elphick never actually kept him out of the side. Elphick made the error against Bournemouth and Greer came in and we immediately kept four clean sheets in a row, including away at Charlton and Peterborough. Says it all really.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Did anyone else just see on SSN:

"Newcastle turn down "Derisory" offer..."

...from West Ham for Kevin Nolan"

Made me jump :moo:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Thanks. I thought me and Nick C were the only people in the world with this opinion but now there are three of us.

I think you are right to point out the Elphick held down a place at the start of the year on merit, but my personal opinion is that Greer is fantastic, and I am probably more confident of him making the jump up than any of the rest of our back four.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A short time ago on Yahoo Sport

LuaLua wants Brighton returnSat, 11 Jun 13:07:34 2011

retweet
EmailPrintNewcastle winger Kazenga LuaLua wants to return to Brighton on a permanent deal.

The 20-year-old enjoyed a successful stint on loan with the Seagulls last season until he suffered a broken leg in November.

LuaLua is now fully fit again but does not expect to break into Alan Pardew's first team at St James' Park, so Albion boss Gus Poyet will be able to land the crowd favourite if he can agree a fee with the Magpies.

LuaLua told The Argus: "Alan Pardew hasn't said anything to me and I don't expect him to say anything, because I've been injured.

"We are back in training on July 5. Hopefully by then I will be a Brighton player."
I know this quote appeared in the Argus on Friday - just thought it was interesting it had now been repeated on Yahoo

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On topic, LuaLua coming back would be fantastic and a really exciting signing

Off topic, anyone who seriously thinks Greer is the weak link in our defence needs to go to more games or watch more closely when they are at them. Most of our clean sheets were with him in the team and without being unkind to Elphick, who has done a great job for us over the last few years, we conceded a lot more goals when he came in to the side for El Abd or Greer.

Clearly THIS, and THIS, and THIS too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lua Lua if premiership quality, if this happens it will be out greatest signing since i don't know when. Even if he costs us over 2 mill with a hefty wage bill, i still believe in a few years time he'll be worth triple that.

I think £1.25m is a fair shout although some people on here think he can be got for £500k? (if not why not) still time will tell-is he injury prone?well the last was, an accident? trouble is being the type he is,opposition players will "go through" him...i say we bid up to £1.4m if not enough we go elsewhere.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
GREER;Strength's=good positioning,great distribution.
Weakness's=can't tackle,can't head a ball(except upwards),knock kneed and no pace and he will get found out in championship against better forwards.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Lua Lua (and others)

I remember looking at a web site in the early spring which stated that KLL's contract was up this summer. I have today looked at transfermarkt.co.uk (that is the way it is spelled) and that site lists which players from all leagues who are out of contract and their respective/relative values. KLL suggested at £440.000K. and listed as out of contract this year.

Does anyone know for absolute fact what KLL's status is.

Last edited:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I remember looking at a web site in the early spring which stated that KLL's contract was up this summer. I have today looked at transfermarkt.co.uk (that is the way it is spelled) and that site lists which players from all leagues who are out of contract and their respective/relative values.

Does anyone know for absolute fact what KLL's status is.

He is out of contract next season, so at the moment he has 1 more year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here