Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua is coming

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Have we got a bargain or not....in monetary terms we have practically swapped Bennett for Hoskins and Buckley was it a good deal? Forget about that Glen Whatisname...that position will be filled very soon by a good striker.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
As I remember it Greer couldnt get in the team for the first part of the season, it was only that incident against Bournemouth where they got a penalty when the ref judged Elphick to have handled the ball inside the area (which was obviously outside and maybe not even Elphicks hand) that gave Greer an in.
Time will tell though and The Championship (I Think) will show Greer to be our weakest link.
he was suspended for the begining of the season.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
CB is key. El Abd will be touchy and Elphick simply isn't good enough.

Injuries, and coming back for them, are always tricky, but El Abd already has approximately 50 appearances in the Championship....

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yes but only for a couple of games not 12

So your saying he was kept out of the side for 12 games by Elphick? really?

He was kept out of the team by Elphick to begin with because at the start of the year, Elphick and El-Abd were doing a great job.

However, saying that Greer won't be good enough for the Championship is absolutely ludicrous. He is one of our best players. It amazes me how people seem to miss that apart from the fact he is a fantastic centre half, with great passing ability for Gus's style, but also how much he does off the ball. Organises the defense, and the whole team for that matter. I firmly believe we wouldn't be where we are without his captaincy.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He was kept out of the team by Elphick to begin with because at the start of the year, Elphick and El-Abd were doing a great job.

However, saying that Greer won't be good enough for the Championship is absolutely ludicrous. He is one of our best players. It amazes me how people seem to miss that apart from the fact he is a fantastic centre half, with great passing ability for Gus's style, but also how much he does off the ball. Organises the defense, and the whole team for that matter. I firmly believe we wouldn't be where we are without his captaincy.

this. this. this. could not agree more. his passing and organisation of our defence has been outstanding. you always see him trying to push up the line and in the southampton game away when he was alongside Dunk, he helped him along so well.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Greer is immense so fairly sure that was a wind up. Elphick is L1 but OK back-up / squad player until Dunk is viewed as ready.

Just need 1 starting CB for me to be happy as think the Chelsea lad will back up Calderon if needed longer term but El Abd will be on bench as first defender off at either position for most of this year and get 20+ games easy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Lua Lua returns I will be in heaven

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Slagging off Greer, carpet colour on the Amex lounges, North & South stands labelled as pony, payment methods inside the ground out of date.. Absolute joy being on this forum sometimes.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
As I remember it Greer couldnt get in the team for the first part of the season, it was only that incident against Bournemouth where they got a penalty when the ref judged Elphick to have handled the ball inside the area (which was obviously outside and maybe not even Elphicks hand) that gave Greer an in.
Time will tell though and The Championship (I Think) will show Greer to be our weakest link.

Thanks. I thought me and Nick C were the only people in the world with this opinion but now there are three of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here