Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Contracts

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Les Biehn said:
And mine was a flouncy post:lolol:

It more that you seem to think you're opinions are final. You can say others have a blind spot but you don't? That sounds like a judgement rather than an opinion to me.
Hmm, now you're trying to get me to argue either by denial or agreement regarding something personal about myself, thereby setting in motion a point where, when I tell you're wrong, and that I don't think my opinions are final, you're going to say 'ha, see? I told you you think your opinions are final'. So I'm not going down that road.

Les Biehn said:
Anyway back to the topic in hand. If we take away the aspect of your argument that suggests its a big conspiracy against the club, do you think a player who has as many bad games as Kerry should have been given a contract.

And TLO if you can admit he has games where he is awful there is no point in debating it.
Did I say anything about a conspiracy? Conspiracy to what?

You've loaded your question as though it were an absolute final judgement (i.e. 'someone as bad as Kerry'), then have the neck to accuse me of doing same. Then you ask me that if I admit he has awful games there's no point in debating. OK, I admit it, of my own free will, with or without your prompting - Kerry does have awful games, but then so does Guy Butters and Michel Kuipers and Sam Rents and Gary Hart. Let's debate their futures as well.

However, if you want to close down and shut off the debate, fine by me.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
B.W. said:
Why you defend this clown, I will never know...

He is too slow...
He is often caught out of position...
His distribution is woeful, with frequent slices into touch...
Central defenders have to cover his ar$e and get pulled out of the centre...
In short, he is a complete liability...

You are the one with the blind dpot, IMHO...

:clap:

I'm going, however, to his testimonial because he deserves a good send off for his length of service with the club.

BUT he has lost his 'skills' over the years....was excellent in the Championship a few years back, but now is a liability. Anyone who was at Brentford this season knows what I am talking about :nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Large One said:
OK, I admit it, of my own free will, with or without your prompting - Kerry does have awful games, but then so does Guy Butters and Michel Kuipers and Sam Rents and Gary Hart. Let's debate their futures as well.

However, if you want to close down and shut off the debate, fine by me.

It appears you may have lit the fuse on your tampon so I will just stick to the debate as you have answered my question.

Kuipers has a couple of stinkers now and again but the others have about 1 or 2 a season, Mayo has about 6 or 7. Slight difference there. Also their mares are usually one mistake that stands out, his are usually numerous mistakes in one game.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Complete Badger said:
Being pedantic, it was seven years ago at Southend, but I'll let you off:D
Don't remember that.

I was thinking of the home game against Macclesfield in, ooh - early 2000 (so that's seven years ago), where he inadvertently carried the ball back over the line to make it 4-2 to us.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Les Biehn said:
It appears you may have lit the fuse on your tampon so I will just stick to the debate as you have answered my question.

Kuipers has a couple of stinkers now and again but the others have about 1 or 2 a season, Mayo has about 6 or 7. Slight difference there. Also their mares are usually one mistake that stands out, his are usually numerous mistakes in one game.
I've answered your question so we can now continue the debate? Jolly good. Jesus, and I get accused of being judgemental...

If your argument is 6 or 7 stinkers in a season constitutes a liability (it may do, it may not do), then in that case I can still think of others less deserving of a contract. So where's the debate on them?

I, on the other hand, will consider his (and everyone else's of course) positive contributions to the game, for they are many - if that's alright. :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Large One said:
I've answered your question so we can now continue the debate? Jolly good. Jesus, and I get accused of being judgemental...

If your argument is 6 or 7 stinkers in a season constitutes a liability (it may do, it may not do), then in that case I can still think of others less deserving of a contract. So where's the debate on them?

I, on the other hand, will consider his (and everyone else's of course) positive contributions to the game, for they are many - if that's alright. :)

You can do whatever you like TLO, well as long as it's hopefully legal. Nice little play of the superfan positivity card there.;)

I would say 6 -7 stinkers definitely consitutes a liability and I think most football fans in the country would. Who is it that have more stinkers than that and are less deserving of a contract?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Les Biehn said:
You can do whatever you like TLO, well as long as it's hopefully legal. Nice little play of the superfan positivity card there.;)

I would say 6 -7 stinkers definitely consitutes a liability and I think most football fans in the country would. Who is it that have more stinkers than that and are less deserving of a contract?
Yes, 'cos negativity always works.

In many cases, my stinkers line is with regard to some of the youngsters. Jake Robinson has had some stinkers, as has El-Abd, Frutos (though not really seen enough of him to form a proper opinion this season), Henderson had some stinkers, yet was still on contract (the fact that he buggered off is not the point - he was still on contract).

Some might say, 'ah, they're young, they'll get better'. That's very true, but then I don't think there's any age limit to being able to improve. All players are capable of improving at whatever age.

So by that yardstick, what does it take for a player not to earn a contract? I would say when they no longer have anything positive to contribute to the club. And, as I have said ad infinitum - for me, Kerry hasn't fallen into that group yet. Many feel otherwise - so be it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Being pedantic, it was seven years ago at Southend, but I'll let you off:D

It was Southend last September as well.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Did you know that Kerry has scored 3 own goals in the 11 seasons he has played?
Did you also know that we didn't lose those three games?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
League Cup games don't count - he's my god so it's my rules:lolol:

I was just pointing out that Southend must be a jinx team for him. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here