Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Contracts

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I agree, and I haven't gone down the road of slagging the club off or just saying Kerry is shit.

But that doesn't distract from the point that a lot of people don't think he's up to it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Les Biehn said:
Ok, let me rephrase that, you have a super fan agenda. No decision made by the management team is ever wrong.

Up to you. Nice dodge of my question though;)

Well thats conclusive then. You have no blind spot and yours is considered opinion. Just one question how can you say others have a blind spot but you don't? Why is your judgement final?Also is my argument not considered? I haven't ripped into Kerry, just stated my case.
Blimey, thats quite a flouncy post.

First, I don't have a super-fan mentality. I also don't agree with every management decision. So that accusation is irrelevant.

Who said my judgement is final? I didn't. I am not even offering judgements, merely offering opinions. I didn't make a comment on your opinions - or at least not on how you arrived at them. I never said you ripped into Kerry.

So you're offering opinions, I'm offering opinions, but in your opinion - my opinions are judgements? Good one.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Les Biehn said:
I agree, and I haven't gone down the road of slagging the club off or just saying Kerry is shit.

But that doesn't distract from the point that a lot of people don't think he's up to it.

Agree, the problem with Kerry is when he has a bad game, it's really bad, and only gets remembered for this, he can put in a great performance at times.

I do think he has been kept on because of his experience, and the fact that it's his testimonial, you cant very well give him that, then tell him to "f*** Off" or can you?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Large One said:
Blimey, thats quite a flouncy post.

First, I don't have a super-fan mentality. I also don't agree with every management decision. So that accusation is irrelevant.

Who said my judgement is final? I didn't. I am not even offering judgements, merely offering opinions. I didn't make a comment on your opinions - or at least not on how you arrived at them. I never said you ripped into Kerry.

So you're offering opinions, I'm offering opinions, but in your opinion - my opinions are judgements? Good one.

And mine was a flouncy post:lolol:

It more that you seem to think you're opinions are final. You can say others have a blind spot but you don't? That sounds like a judgement rather than an opinion to me.

Anyway back to the topic in hand. If we take away the aspect of your argument that suggests its a big conspiracy against the club, do you think a player who has as many bad games as Kerry should have been given a contract.

And TLO if you can admit he has games where he is awful there is no point in debating it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Goodfella said:
Agree, the problem with Kerry is when he has a bad game, it's really bad, and only gets remembered for this, he can put in a great performance at times.

I do think he has been kept on because of his experience, and the fact that it's his testimonial, you cant very well give him that, then tell him to "f*** Off" or can you?
I would suggest its the perfect way to bow out.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I like Kerry Mayo and I'm glad he turned down other offers to carry on playing for us.
I don't care what others think of him. I like him.

So there. :p

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yorkie said:
I like Kerry Mayo and I'm glad he turned down other offers to carry on playing for us.
I don't care what others think of him. I like him.

So there. :p

But what do you think of him as a player. Honestly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That sums it up really, its because he has been here so long some people cant deal with the fact he could go.

Some fool(cant recall who) even suggested it was wrong to talk about him getting a contract because it would mean somebody being out of work!

Im sorry but football is different.,

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Les Biehn said:
But what do you think of him as a player. Honestly.
Honestly, good enough for League 1 and us.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goodfella said:
I'd be surprised if he stayed at this level after next season, but Hey! he may prove me wrong.

I have it on very good authority that he is one of the fittest players in the club and I'm not talking about his looks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here